Start by marking “Fine Cooking Comfort Food: 200 Delicious Recipes for Soul-Warming Meals” as Want to Read:
Fine Cooking Comfort Food: 200 Delicious Recipes for Soul-Warming Meals

Fine Cooking Comfort Food: 200 Delicious Recipes for Soul-Warming Meals

Serve up delicious, soul-satisfying food any night of the week with this new recipe collection from Fine Cooking. Among the 200 favorites are classics like meatloaf, beef stew, and macaroni and cheese as well as modern updates and ethnic specialties such as Thai curry, Moroccan vegetable ragout, and Brazilian chicken and shrimp. Cooks will gain confidence and get great res ...more
Published November 8th 2011 by Taunton Press

To ask other readers questions about Fine Cooking Comfort Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fine Cooking Comfort Food

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

I do believe I’ve just found a new “go-to” cookbook!

Being someone who loves to cook and try new things, but has no specialized training, I appreciate cookbooks that not only provide the recipes, but also give us tips and tricks for making the dishes turn out as tasty and beautiful as those you find in restaurants. The recipes collected in Fine Cooking Comfort Food: 200 Recipes for Soups, Stews, Casseroles & More are for the home cook who wants to bring something special to the table without
Joanne
Nov 18, 2011 Joanne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
As someone who is not a great lover of cooking but who likes good food, 'Fine Cooking Comfort Food' is an absolute must. It offers a great range of exciting meals which wouldn't be out of place in a good restaurant. The recipes are easy to follow and simple to prepare.

The book offers a wide selection of recipes which are colourful and tasty. I feel it would even be suitable for vegetarians as there are quite a number of meat-free dishes. I also love the hints and tips dotted throughout the book
Dee
Sep 06, 2011 Dee rated it it was amazing
This is yet another winner from the 'Fine Cooking...' range of books which was supplied in e-format and that I am definately going to buy in print to add to my ever growing cookery book collection.

It has what it says on the cover and that is a book full of mouth watering recipes for everyday comfort foods. It contains recipes for breakfasts & brunch, sandwiches, soups & chowders, stews & chilis, pasta & grains, casseroles and desserts. It even has recipes for side dishes to accom
Darren
May 14, 2012 Darren rated it really liked it
Often it feels that nearly all food is, in fact, comfort food. After all, it invariably makes us feel happy until. perhaps, we stand on the weighing scales!

In any case here is an interesting book that promises a couple of hundred recipes that should help "prop up the spirits" and act as a comfort. Perhaps of particular use within the colder, more inclement times of the year but many of the recipes can also be of interest year-round.

Split into several sections - soups & chowders, stews &
Pragya
Mar 07, 2012 Pragya rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All cooking enthusiasts
Shelves: netgalley, 2012
For all you cooking enthusiasts out there, I bring you to you *ta-da* 'Fine cooking comfort food'. Ok, don't think too much about the title, I don't like it too. But the book, that's another story.

This book is your one-stop shop for all the goodies you plan to cook in your kitchen. First off, it's not at all boring. It's so colorful and beautiful that I can't get my eyes off the pictures.

Ya, ya, you want me to talk about what's cooking. Well, lots, 200 to be precise. You heard it right. This b
C.M. Truxler
Jan 03, 2013 C.M. Truxler rated it it was ok
Fine Cooking Comfort Food in Need of a Bit of Comfort

Since I have not had the opportunity to review many cookbooks, I must warn readers that I fully intend to treat each, and every, book that I review the same, i.e. reviewing on its literary merit, format, and presentation. That said, this work has both good and not-so-good points. Some of the shortcomings come in the way of formatting.

The illustrations within this work are clear and well-done photos, although some of the chosen illustrations c
Laurie Bok
Mar 15, 2013 Laurie Bok rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks-food
Read entire review on my blog (http://midlifermusings.blogspot.com/2...)

Fine Cooking Comfort Food by Fine Cooking Magazine is a book that has an abundance of classic comfort good recipes (Beef Stew with Root Vegetables, pg. 48; Turkey Noodle Casserole, pg. 91; and Classic Scalloped Potatoes, pg. 208), basic cooking tips & secrets (How to Make the Perfect Omelet, pg. 163; How to Ice a Cake, pg. 231), as well as twists on the "standards" (Apple Crisp with Pecans and Orange, pg. 233; Turkey Sou
ceeeeg
May 31, 2012 ceeeeg rated it really liked it
If you enjoy trying new things in the kitchen, are looking for that spectacular 'date night' recipe sure to impress, have a social function to cater, or just want to step up from the standard home-cooked comfort food kind of menu, this is the cookbook for you.

Overall, I found the recipes included here to be very interesting and intriguing and plan to try several myself. The ingredients lists, generally speaking, were not too 'exclusive,' meaning you shouldn't have difficulty in finding most of t
Virginia Campbell
Feb 19, 2012 Virginia Campbell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
What a lovely, lovely book with non-intimidating recipes that make the most of the clever combinations of ingredients. From simple to sensational, each dish is clearly defined in preparation techinques. Additional cooking tips and beautiful color photos are generously offered throughout the book. "Fine Cooking Comfort Food: 200 Delicious Recipes for Soups, Stews, Casseroles & More" is a fantastic offering from "Fine Cooking" magazine. If you are a well-seasoned cook, or a kitchen beginner wa ...more
Lillie McPherson
May 09, 2013 Lillie McPherson rated it liked it
Chances are you already have a your favorite recipe for classic comfort foods like chicken pot pie and macaroni 'n cheese. This cookbook takes comfort food to a more gourmet and international level. You will probably not have all the ingredients in your spice cabinet, but many of the recipes will peak your interest if you are an adventurous eater. I saw several possibilities, but for true comfort food I will stick with the familiar.
Elizabeth Bollmeyer
Jul 07, 2013 Elizabeth Bollmeyer rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
This is a great book to help people get into the world of fine cooking. It has tips and tricks that can help you become a better cook. And a lot of the recipes that sound great and would be a great by for anyone. There are recipes for any occasion in this books.from soups, chill, stew,pasta ,and much more.
Rosanita
Jul 22, 2013 Rosanita rated it really liked it
This book made me hungry. The pictures made the book lose 1 star because they didn't do justice to the recipes. I now have a few recipes to try and some that I've made. The best part of the book isn't the recipes though, but the cooking and baking tips. I just wish there was an e-book available for purchase on Amazon. I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
This is a mouthwatering cookbook....sooo many good recipes with a lot of variations and plenty of "tips and tricks" to help along the way. This is going to be one of my "go to" cookbooks cause hey, you can never go wrong with comfort food!

This book was provided by the Publisher through NetGalley for an honest review
Michele
Aug 02, 2013 Michele rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Even though most of the recipes probably would not be to my family's taste, this is a beautiful cookbook. Plenty of great photos (a must for a cookbook, in my opinion) and directions that are to the point and don't look to difficult.
Tarran
Jan 27, 2013 Tarran rated it really liked it
There are some fantastic recipes that are so tasty in this book. I hate it when you buy a cookbook and only use 1 recipe. Well with this one you will find more than one you'll want to try.
* Booksessed * Bec
Apr 02, 2013 * Booksessed * Bec rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-net-galley
Book provided by the publisher.

A great go-to cook book, filled with lots of yummy recipes
Micha
Micha rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2013
Aeowin
Aeowin rated it it was ok
Apr 12, 2014
Elisabeth
Elisabeth rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2012
Meg Dean
Meg Dean rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Christianne Jackson
Christianne Jackson rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2017
Beverly
Beverly rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2015
Jennifer Sikora
Jennifer Sikora rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2013
Sumi
Sumi rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2013
Kiolva Decosta
Kiolva Decosta rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2011
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2014
aspasiacat
aspasiacat rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2012
Allison
Allison rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2014
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2012