Start by marking “Craphound” as Want to Read:
Craphound

Craphound

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  254 ratings  ·  11 reviews
From "A Place So Foreign and Eight More," a short story collection published in September, 2003 by Four Walls Eight Windows Press (ISBN 1568582862). See http://craphound.com/place for more.

Originally Published in Science Fiction Age, March 1998 Reprinted in:

* Northern Suns (Tor, 1999, David Hartwell and Glenn Grant, editors)
* Year's Best Science Fiction XVI (Morrow, 1999,
Published January 1st 2010 by MVB E-Books (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Craphound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Craphound

Chris

Originally Published in Science Fiction Age, March 1998 Reprinted in:

Northern Suns (Tor, 1999, David Hartwell and Glenn Grant, editors) Year's Best Science Fiction XVI (Morrow, 1999, Gardner Dozois, editor) Hayakawa Science Fiction Magazine (Japan) September 2001

"Like most aliens-mingling-with-human-soci

Dan
Believe it or not, this was my first short story that I've actually read in a long time. The last time I read a book or a short story for recreation was when I was in middle school.

To get on with the review, Cory Doctorow is awesome so far. Maybe that's because I haven't explored many other authors considering this is the first book I finished. I'm glad I chose this book after finding the epub file to download to my ereader. Cory Doctorow writes this story in a sort of futuristic way. It wasn't
Calen
I haven't read many short stories and I'm finding them an interesting form. This one left me nostalgic and rather happy I'd read it though it felt like something written for a college english class, albeit by someone with a future in writing.
Katriena Knights
A neat little story. I read the Robot Comics version on my Google phone, which was an interesting experience but worked surprisingly well.
Jason
I had to make several attempts at this before I finally finished. But I am glad that I did. The story comes to a meaningful conclusion.
Andrea
Crap can be treasure, and vice-versa. If you get all tingly at the sight of a roadside flea market you'll probably like this.
Matt
Apr 17, 2012 Matt rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebook
Interesting story with a cool concept: extra-terrestrial wheeler-dealers. Very different to his later stuff.
Jezier
not a book, but a short story. Interesting nevertheless.
Bob
Short story, interesting premise
Rairy
One of the stories on Escape Pod
Andy
Andy added it
Dec 20, 2014
Dione Basseri
Dione Basseri marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Sixstronghands
Sixstronghands marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Sybil
Sybil marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
  • Exhalation
  • Bonds of Fire
  • The Testing (Third Soul, #1)
  • The Nemesis Worm
  • Marketing In Less Than 1000 Words (Reactor15 Briefings)
  • Soldier of the Legion
  • Oh Pretty Bird (InCryptid, #0.95)
  • Some Desperado
  • Lonely Planet Europe: 40 Amazing Experiences
  • A Woman's Liberation: A Choice of Futures by and About Women
  • Blindsided
  • The Fourth Science Fiction Megapack
  • If at First . . . (Short Story)
  • The Dead Love Longer
  • Knights Of Madness
  • Earthman, Come Home (Cities in Flight, #3)
  • Glory Main (The Sim War, #1)
  • British Flash: A revealing collection of short LGBT fiction
Canadian blogger, journalist and science fiction author who serves as co-editor of the blog Boing Boing.

He is an activist in favor of liberalizing copyright laws and a proponent of the Creative Commons organization, using some of their licenses for his books.

Some common themes of his work include digital rights management, file sharing, Disney, and post-scarcity economics.

More about Cory Doctorow...
Little Brother (Little Brother, #1) Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom In Real Life For the Win Homeland (Little Brother, #2)