Start by marking “Plantgirl” as Want to Read:
Plantgirl

Plantgirl

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Ba Rainy's life comes under new management. She's hopeful to gain some super powers or some sort of miracle from the Miracle Gro in her shoes. Short fiction. Contemporary fantasy. Free.
Published July 7th 2011 by M. Pax

To ask other readers questions about Plantgirl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plantgirl

M. Pax
Aug 01, 2011 M. Pax added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm trying to link this to my profile, Mary Pax. Of course, it's not that simple. But thanks all. :)
Chrys Fey
Ba Rainey works in a Super K that has new management. Her shoes are full of Miracle Grow as a part of her experiment; she’s hoping for a miracle, a purpose in life, like a seedling.

M. Pax has a way with words. I could picture Ba clearly and could even relate to her; when I was younger, I wanted something better. This is a sweet story. It could easily be turned into a book...when her actually experiment works.
Coyora Dokusho
The writing's a bit... iffy - but I gotta say, I didn't see the end coming.
Libby
From the title, I expected one thing. I got something totally different and very well done. If you have not read the story, stop here.
SPOILERS
I thought for sure this was going to be a story about a superhero, not about two people who are desperate to change their lives, to live beyond who and where they are. These are definitely themes I can enjoy and I liked the characters. I liked the twist at the end as well.
Rusty
Mary Pax has, for the second time, shown me that she’s got major league talent for telling a tale. PlantGirl is a short story that she has up for free now at several major eBook outlets (Smashwords, Nook, iTunes). It also includes a pretty lengthy preview of her novella, Semper Audica as well. It’s good stuff.

Please go read, and be amazed.
Trudy
Deep down inside don't we all want to be super heros? And that slightly quirky odd person you always avoid? Ya, well you just remember, they have dreams and aspirations too.

M.Pax does a wonderful job of summing all this up in a short fun story; Plantgirl.
Brian Hutchinson
This is a very original story, I enjoyed it very much. Way too short. Ms. Pax really is good at getting into the character and what she is thinking. A very well done short story I am sure you will enjoy.
Lisa
A great story, but much too short. Another couple of pages would have been perfect. That said, the characters do grow on you quickly and then ending made me smile. Take a few minutes, read it. It's worth it.
Darlene
Aug 31, 2014 Darlene rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: folks who like short stories
Recommended to Darlene by: M. Pax
This was an intriguing story. It's pretty good as short stories go. But as all short stories, it leaves me wanting much more. I would love to see it developed into a novel.
Laura Eno
This is quirky, oddball...and then you realize it's much deeper than that. We all need to feel something in our lives and this short story gets to the heart of the matter.
Ryan Snyder
This was.. like 8 pages. lol. when I got it for free from smashwords, I was not expecting that. Was it a prequel to something? I.. I'm not sure. lol.
Margaret
Super short story. Like, ten pages short. It kind of came across like a creative writing exercise, but it was enjoyable to read.
MsBDiamondDiva1
This was a very good short story-I even think that my son would like it. Hoping for more is always good-
Darcia Helle
This story is completely original, well written, fun and insightful. Loved it!
Mekenzie Larsen
A great message in a cute, quick read. Where's my cape?
Aimee
Cute little tidbit of a story.
Patty Kuhnau
Patty Kuhnau marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Deedee Berry
Deedee Berry marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Robyn Donnelly
Robyn Donnelly marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Anamaria021
Anamaria021 marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Gerber
Gerber is currently reading it
Dec 07, 2013
S.K. Anthony
S.K. Anthony marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
M. Pax is author of the sci-fi series, The Backworlds, and the new adult urban fantasy Hetty Locklear series. A Browncoat and SG fan, she's also slightly obsessed with Jane Austen. In the summers she docents as a star guide at Pine Mountain Observatory where the other astronomers now believe she has the most extensive collection of moon photos in existence. No fear, there will be more next summer. ...more
More about M. Pax...
The Backworlds (The Backworlds, #1) The Rifters Stopover at the Backworlds' Edge (The Backworlds, #2) Semper Audacia Small Graces