Start by marking “Biscuit Wants to Play (My First I Can Read Series)” as Want to Read:
Biscuit Wants to Play (My First I Can Read Series)

Biscuit Wants to Play (World of Biscuit Beginning Reader)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  319 ratings  ·  22 reviews
The fifth beginning reader about Biscuit-the My First I Can Read Book's best-selling character is now available in paperback.
Published June 9th 2011 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Biscuit Wants to Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Biscuit Wants to Play

Alisha Ptacek
Personal Reaction- This book is really cute and I think that children who are dog lovers and cat lovers will really enjoy this book. This book shows the personalities of dogs and cats, which makes it really fun and enjoyable to read. This is a very good beginning to read book, because of its big fount and simple language.

Read aloud- This book does not have any beneficial value to read it aloud because it lacks a strong storyline.

Independent reading. This is a very good beginning to read book for
Maxzine Rossler
Biscuit Wants to Play is a book about a curious young puppy with a big heart. He discovers some kittens and only wants to play with them. At first, they are not in a hurry to play with Biscuit, but once the kittens get into trouble Biscuit comes to their rescue. The illustrations really help the reader connect with the innocence of Biscuit just wanting to play with the kittens.

This book puts into perspective that even though cats and dogs are not supposed to like each other they can get along. T
Meg McGregor
Biscuit is back and in this book he is eager to make friends with the two new kittens!

At first the kittens really don't want to play with him but after Biscuit helps rescue them from a tall tree, they soon become best pals!

A sweet story to help little ones realize it may take time to make a friend but it definitely worth it.
Isaac Thercellya
The main character is Biscuit.
The problem of the story is when the kittens get stuck in the tree.
At the end, Biscuit wants to play with the kittens and they want to play with him too.
Sarah Adamson
Another fun early reader book. The repetitive nature of the woof and meow words actually got my 4 year old to read them by herself tonight so this book gets an extra star for that!
jacky
William saw the picture of this book at the back of several of his other Biscuit books. I just couldn't find it at the library, so I bought it for him. Exactly what you would expect for Biscuit. Simple text, cute pictures, little peak in the plot near the end.
Annie
This is the first book I read by myself! :)
Dolly
May 30, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
Shelves: 2010, childrens, pets
I don't know what it is about these books. They are short, simple stories for beginning readers with adorable illustrations, but they make me twitch. I think it's the fact that there's a "Meow" or a "Woof" on every page. It just irritates me, but our girls seem to like it. We read these books together and I encourage them to read as much as possible.
Jen
My boys like stories about animals, so Biscuit is a hit with them! They are short enough and easy enough to read that it doesn't get too boring for them to read. They love the animal sounds such as the woof, woof or meow on the pages. They had to repeat right after me!
Monique Mcdonald
great childrens book, fun to just read for enjoyment. It definitly is an easy read for early elementary school students. There are plenty of sight words so they can read the book themselves with minimal help. This is more like a great starter book.
Sweet's Family Bookshelves
Easy reader. Cute book about a dog named Biscuit. In this book Biscuit wants to play with the kittens. They play a variety of ways. My kindergartner loved the simple and playful story full of easy sight words.
Jacqueline
Biscuit really wants to play with the kittens every time the kittens play the kittens find a butterfly and then they find an ant under a flower pot and biscuit really wants to do that to.
Laura Elizabeth
Again, I recommend this for anyone with small children learning to read. My niece and nephew love this and all the Biscuit stories.
Tuyet Tran
Students will like this book because the words are easy to read and understand. My students are mostly checked out this book.
Nicole
Really simpler first reader. Great for my son to practice and gain confidence in his reading skills.
Gabriel Dubransky
It's a really fun book. I like its cover and its back. I like the pictures in it. I like its title.
Takeisha Hannor
Biscuit finds a new friend and he wants to play with him. I love this beginning book and so does my son!
Emily
I had to read this with my kindergarten buddy that we had to read to so i added this one.
Melainebooks
Biscuit le chien découvre d'autres animaux tout en jouant avec eux.
Katieb (MundieMoms)
These are great in teaching my son to read.
Kirei
  • Mittens
  • Itchy, Itchy Chicken Pox
  • BOB Books Set 1: Beginning Readers
  • Going to the Sea Park
  • What Is a Princess? (Disney Princess)
  • Henry and Mudge in the Green Time (Henry and Mudge, #3)
  • Chicken Said "Cluck!" (My First I Can Read Books)
  • Fancy Nancy: Poison Ivy Expert
  • I Can Be a Pet Vet (Barbie)
  • The Bears' Picnic
  • Pigs Make Me Sneeze!
  • Froggy Learns to Swim
  • Pinkalicious: School Rules!
  • Clifford Keeps Cool
  • Go Away, Dog
  • Driving Buddies (Step into Reading) (Cars movie tie in)
  • Amelia Bedelia, Rocket Scientist?
  • Kingdom of Color (Disney Tangled)
Alyssa Satin Capucilli was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1957. She graduated from Sarah Lawrence College, and pursued her interest in dance, becoming a professional dancer and dance instructor. Though Capucilli had written stories, poems, and even puppet shows as a child, she didn't consider a career as a writer until after her own two children were born. To this day she sees herself as both a da ...more
More about Alyssa Satin Capucilli...

World of Biscuit Beginning Reader (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Biscuit
  • Biscuit Wins a Prize
  • Biscuit and the Baby
  • Biscuit Visits the Big City
  • Biscuit's Day at the Farm
Biscuit Goes to School Biscuit Biscuit Finds a Friend Bathtime for Biscuit Biscuit and the Baby