Start by marking “Locked in Silence (Grimm's Circle, #5)” as Want to Read:
Locked in Silence (Grimm's Circle, #5)

Locked in Silence (Grimm's Circle #5)

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  157 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews

Dying is hard enough. Coming back to life is brutal.

Grimm’s Circle, Book 5

Vanya has been hunting and killing demons ever since one of them scarred her face and killed her sister. Correction—since she was forced to kill the demon possessing her sister.

Then some sort of angel offers her a deal she can’t refuse—that if she becomes one of them, she gets to kill even more d
Published (first published September 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Locked in Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Locked in Silence

Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
Sep 19, 2011 Kelly % Books-n-Kisses rated it it was amazing
Oh Shiloh has done it again. She has sucked me back into the world of the Grimm’s. Once I am there I don’t want to leave. I want to hang out the Grimm’s and learn all of their secrets. And I really don’t want to give away any spoilers. So while my review is short let me tell you to LOVED this book.

Locked in Silence introduces us to a new Grimm: Silence. He has been a long for as long as he can remember. Silence thinks alone is good. No one gets hurt when you are alone. But that is all about to c
Theresa
Feb 03, 2015 Theresa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The only reasons I continued reading this series is that curious about the story behind the characters, I like Will and want to see his HEA and I also kept hoping it’d get better. Well, it hasn’t so I’m going to do something I rarely do and that’s quit the series. I may finish at a later date but probably not since I have so many other series I want to read.

The problem with is one is that again there was too much emoting, miscommunication and angst over the relationship and not enough demon fi
Lia
Nov 02, 2011 Lia rated it liked it
Much much better than the other Grimm books I've read. Not quite up to par with Walker's "The Missing" or Rafferty series, but there are very few skips and jumps in the storyline and the romance felt real rather than forced.

One thing that really bothered me is how we don't learn more about the characters. Through flashbacks and random hints we learn a lot about Silence's past, but not enough. We learn about his childhood, but nothing about his life as a Grimm - and he's obviously been one for a
Ibrium
I was a little lost at first. I borrowed the Kindle edition from my library, not realizing that Locked in Silence is the fifth book in a series. The prologue meant absolutely nothing to me, and then it took a while for me to figure out what it had to do with the rest of the book. Eventually I got it, and ended up enjoying the story for the most part.

The world building was a little lacking, however, I'm sure that is due to this being part of a well-established series and the author wanting (righ
Tracy
May 28, 2012 Tracy rated it really liked it
My Favorite of the Series
She has known about demons for a long time, since she was attacked by one and managed to kill it. It had been possessing her sister at the time. Vanya bears the ragged scar on her cheek as a perpetual reminder, not that she needs one. Not that she could ever forget killing the thing that wore her beloved sister's face after it stole her soul.

Since then, she's made it her mission in life to kill as many demons as she can, all the while knowing it is just a matter of time
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Shiloh Walker has once again added to her Grimm’s Circle series. I love this world, with its dark side, and its wonderful sense of honor and duty.

Vanya is a hunter, but not for the usual prey. She hunts and kills demons, like the one that possessed her sister. That was the first demon she killed, and she has the scars to show for it. But it wasn’t her last, and one day, she was made an offer to join with a group whose one goal is to s
Lindsey ( United By Books Reviews)
My Thoughts: I firstly have to thank Shiloh and Nicole for letting me have a ARC of Locked in Silence. I was introduced to the world of the Grimm's Circle by a good friend and fell in love with the series. If you haven't read them yet, you should check them out. This latest installment in the series didn't disappoint me at all. I gobbled the book up and wanted more. Vanya has never had a easy life...for that matter, neither has Silence. I wont give a summary cause I don't want to give much away ...more
Jenne
2.5
Vanya is a demon killer who's turned into a Grimm (kind of like a warrior/guardian angel). Silence is her mentor and trainer. He trusts no one and has had a horrible past. He has a hard time letting anyone in. They both love each other but in typical PNR fashion lots of miscommunication. The last half was ok and like in typical PNR the HEA was sweet it was just getting there that was the challenge! The love scenes were pretty hot and the demon fighting was ok. This was just too cookie cutter
Nikki
Apr 17, 2012 Nikki rated it it was amazing
I loved it! And holy s**t was I surprised by Silence's fairy tale identity! Although, once it was revealed, I could totally see it! This is my current favorite in this series! I was so happy to see the two find their happy ending after the crap they had to go through in their lives. Now I have to wait for the next... Shiloh Walker is definitely on my watch list! Great author and great stories!
Jackie (Literary Escapism)
Another fabulous tale from Shiloh Walker. I love how she uses fairy tales that one typically doesn't see. I'm not going to say who Silence is, but I can tell you I would never have guessed his identity. So can't wait for book 6. Now I want to know who Finn is.
Gina
Sep 03, 2011 Gina rated it really liked it
I love Grimm stories! I love to try and figure out who the character is/was. This one is great...never saw it coming! The main characters are completely connected and the other Grimm are mad fun!
Lynn
Dec 10, 2015 Lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-kindle
Another winner from Shiloh Walker. Loved Vanya and Silence.
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
She dies? Interesting. How? "This book contains: [..] demon-angel sandwiches.." LOL lovely, a tbr-soon book indeed;)
Stacey Allison
Oct 24, 2011 Stacey Allison rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Loved Locked in Silence. It would have been 5 stars, but I removed a star for personal reasons.
Shelley
Sep 21, 2012 Shelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one! Possibly because the guy couldn't speak...lol!
Limecello
Aug 25, 2011 Limecello rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
more a 2.5...
Sundance
nothing
Fabiana Alvarez
Fabiana Alvarez marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Hilda Maher
Hilda Maher marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
YukiAsahiHime
YukiAsahiHime marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Sharon Ing
Sharon Ing marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Alysha
Alysha marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Kathleen Killgrove
Kathleen Killgrove rated it it was ok
Apr 22, 2016
Cheryl'S Bookshelf
Cheryl'S Bookshelf rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Lorene
Lorene marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
  • Ragnar and Juliet (Ragnar and Juliet, #1)
  • Before Dawn (The Hunters, #1)
  • Alliance Forged (The Light Blade, #2)
  • The Dark God's Bride Trilogy (The Dark God's Bride, #3)
  • The Catalyst (Preternaturals, #3)
  • Dark Vow (Arcane, #1)
  • Dancing Days (Helicon Muses, #1)
  • Crushed
  • Day of Sacrifice Omnibus (Day of Sacrifice #1-6)
  • Wickedly Charming (Fates #7)
  • Blood Doll (Vampire Agápe, #3)
  • The Phantom Queen Awakes
  • Shattered (The Outliers, #3)
  • Can't Teach an Old Demon New Tricks (Demon, #2)
  • Feline Lovers
  • Cowboy Bad Boys
  • Dragons and Cicadas: The Society On Da Run
  • Heart of the Winter Wolf
Hello... thanks for swinging by. I don't log into Goodreads much, so if you have questions, please visit my website to email me through my site.
Thank you!

My other me.... J.C. Daniels

Bio...

Shiloh Walker has been writing since she was a kid. She fell in love with vampires with the book Bunnicula and has worked her way up to the more...ah...serious vampire stories. She loves reading and writing anyt
More about Shiloh Walker...

Grimm's Circle (10 books)
  • Candy Houses (Grimm's Circle, #1)
  • No Prince Charming (Grimm's Circle, #2)
  • Crazed Hearts (Grimm's Circle, #3)
  • Tarnished Knight (Grimm's Circle, #4)
  • Grimm Tidings (Grimm's Circle, #6)
  • Blind Destiny (Grimm's Circle, #7)
  • Furious Fire (Grimm's Circle, #8)
  • Grimm's End
  • The Second Book of Grimm (Grimm's Circle, #3 & 4)