Unleashed: A Dark Ones Novella  (Dark Ones #7.5)

Unleashed: A Dark Ones Novella (Dark Ones #7.5)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  224 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Jacintha Ferreira, Fish and Wildlife Department's cat whisperer, called in when a jaguar is left at Cupid Cat's Shelter... and she finds a spelled Morovian (vampire)... and they work together to make sure the spellcasters are stopped.
Published September 6th 2011 by Signet

Lynda Tatad
I love Katie MacAlister's books! Whether in the contempory or paranormal romance genres, they are always fun!

*******warning: plot spoilers ahead***********

In "Unleashed", which was in the 'Cupid Cats' anthology (which I hadn't had a chance to read yet) is about Jacintha Ferreira, a woman who workd in the Washington State Fish and Wildlife Dept, and specializes in the Big Cats, since she's known as the "kitty whisperer" by her co-workers. Her sister Cora is in town on vacation when Jacintha's ca...more
Kathy
Dianne
I have pretty much given up on Katie’s book. Perhaps I’ve just out grown the types of heroines and hero’s she writes about. Maybe I need a heroine who is a bit less clueless at times. Well whatever it is, I just had a burning curiosity to read this one. A Shape shifting Vampire and a so called “kitty whisperer”? I mean what could be so bad about this. Luckily, nothing!

This was classic Katie, writing in the manner of the first of her Dark One’s books. If I have one complaint, it is that a bit of...more
Lyndi
I adored this story. Jas was a wonderfully honest and open character. No wasted time on denial, coming up with excuses, etc. I liked her no nonsense responses to surprises. Avery was great, a real ladies man that had no problem accepting his newly discovered Beloved and 'taken' status. Cora made their little posse perfect, though. She was pure comedy and I was laughing out loud at her banter with Jas. I know she gets her own full-length novel later on, but I don't think I could handle her attitu...more
Darkand
An adorable quickie novella of the Dark Ones. In this story, Jacintha, a fish & wildlife officer known for her kitty whispering tangles with a Moravian turned werejaguar (therion - meaning he can shift at will) as they uncover a heinous "animal" smuggling plot. I think this could have easily been turned into a full length book but that may just be wishful thinking on my part since I truly love Katie MacAlister's talented, witty, & amazing mind as I long for more of her written words.
Shannon
I love all of Katie MacAlister's Dark Ones books, and this one was great. I loved reading about Paen and Sam again, and Jacintha and Avery were really cute. Some people may not believe in love at first sight, but as someone who has been happily married for ten years to hers, I do.
Elizabeth
This is the first I have read of the Dark Ones, now I must read them all. Love this short story, wished it was longer.
Joann Lagomarsino
Read this as part of the Cupid Cats book. I think I will have to read more of the dark ones.
Missdevora
This funny and wonderful 109 pages novella can also be found in the Anthology Cupid Cats!
Deborah
Not usually into vampire books, but this one was kind of cute.
Deb8coach Adams
Love the Dark ones!
Larissa
Larissa marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Shaida Ehlert
Shaida Ehlert marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Dani Sigman
Dani Sigman marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Valerie Dillon
Valerie Dillon marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Dannelle Utsch
Dannelle Utsch marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Ashley Hayes
Ashley Hayes marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
H.p.pockets
H.p.pockets marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
  • Circus of the Darned (Ben and Fran, #2)
  • The Dead, The Damned, And The Forgotten (Dark Days, #0.6)
  • Werewolf in Greenwich Village (Wild About You Novella, 1.5)
  • Bound by Vengeance (Sentinel Wars, #5.5)
  • Nice Girls Don’t Sign a Lease Without a Wedding Ring (Jane Jameson, #3.5)
  • Curran; Naked Dinner: Part 1 and 2 (Curran POV, #7)
  • Here Comes the Vampire (Dead End Dating, #6)
  • Venice Vampyr: The Beginning (Venice Vampyr, #1, 2, 3)
  • Heat Wave
  • Cyncerely Yours (World of the Lupi, #4.5)
  • Real Vampires Know Hips Happen (Glory St. Clair, #9)
  • Ember's Curse (Prime Wolf, #1)
  • Dying For You
  • Chance in Hell
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • The Vampire With the Dragon Tattoo (Love at Stake, #14)
  • Tethered (Iron Seas, #2.5)
  • Ghost of a Chance (Karma Marx, #1)
For as long as she can remember, Katie MacAlister has loved reading. Growing up in a family where a weekly visit to the library was a given, Katie spent much of her time with her nose buried in a book. Despite her love for novels, she didn't think of writing them until she was contracted to write a non-fiction book about software. Since her editor refused to allow her to include either witty dialo...more
More about Katie MacAlister...
You Slay Me (Aisling Grey: Guardian, #1) Fire Me Up (Aisling Grey: Guardian, #2) Light My Fire (Aisling Grey: Guardian, #3) A Girl's Guide to Vampires (Dark Ones, #1) Holy Smokes (Aisling Grey: Guardian, #4)