Start by marking “Ben Franklin and the Chamber of Time” as Want to Read:
Ben Franklin and the Chamber of Time

Ben Franklin and the Chamber of Time

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  720 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
The light froze everyone in their tracks, except for Benny, Franklin's nephew. Desperately, he pushed his way past his mother until he stood in the doorway.

'Please no, please no!' Clamored in his brain.

Benny caught hold of the paneling around the doorway and peered into the room. A cloud of vapor obscured his view of the chamber. The odor within was most foul and putrid. A
Published August 1st 1995 by Deseret Book Co (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Ben Franklin and the Chamber of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ben Franklin and the Chamber of Time

Verona
Mar 26, 2012 Verona rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite books of all time! This was also one of my favorites of this author. I loved the possibilities of changing history and the interesting twists involved. I just enjoyed every page of this book.
Bobbi
Sep 09, 2010 Bobbi rated it liked it
When Brian was about 10 I had him read the first tennis shoes book by Chris Heimerdinger, when we found found more we started buying them for each other for Chirstmas and birthdays. Now Ben is 11 and not as interested in the tenis shoes but likes other books by this author, Passage to Zarahemla and Eddie Fantastic, this is the latest one we found at the library although is has been around quite awhile. If you are looking for something for boys these are really fun and they always have a good mor ...more
Ryne Steinacker
Apr 15, 2014 Ryne Steinacker rated it it was ok
It's been so long since I read this that I can't give a complete review. Anyway, this book was based on a creative idea (time traveling + rapid aging). I seem to recall the teen characters weren't as compelling, and I thought the ending of the book was a bit of a cop-out. It was an interesting read, though.
Brayden.Casutt
Jan 06, 2016 Brayden.Casutt rated it it was amazing
Chris Heimerdinger's book Ben Franklin and the Chamber Of Time (238 pages) . I liked how this book had a new perspective on time and how every moment that you have is very important.
(BR#pages)
Great book!
Audri
May 21, 2012 Audri rated it liked it
Recommended to Audri by: My sister
Its not the kind of genre I read. It was hard to get into it and fully be sucked in. The story was a pretty OK one I suppose. And, it kinda leaves you with a sort of cliffhanger in the end. Aside from those, not very climactic for my taste
Steven Llewellyn
Jan 12, 2013 Steven Llewellyn rated it it was amazing
I have thought of this book a lot since I read it years ago. I really love it's premise, and have thought often about being the tour guide for some famous person from the past. It is a book that will inspire thought.
Ben
Feb 23, 2016 Ben rated it really liked it
Shelves: affected-me
Not sure why, but I love everything I have read with Ben Franklin in it. Including this book. I rate it highly for the conversation about values: what would you be willing to risk your life/fears for?
B.M.B. Johnson
Jun 12, 2015 B.M.B. Johnson rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this very much. I didn't know quite what to expect from a dedicated LDS writer, but he pulled it off without preachiness. The ending was unexpected and the book was very funny in parts.
Todd Lemmon
Jul 29, 2011 Todd Lemmon rated it really liked it
Good read that captures the interest and is fun. The historical information about Ben Franklin is interesting and I learned more about him as a result of reading this entertaining book.
Heather
Apr 17, 2008 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, sci-fi-fantasy
What I liked about this book is that it addresses the idea of what our founding fathers would think of our world today and how we view them. It's interesting and a fun read.
Kristen
Jun 10, 2014 Kristen rated it liked it
This is a fun, quick read, but wasn't really an amazing read-aloud for my daughter (10). She was pretty bored. I would still recommend it for someone a little older.
Wendy
Oct 11, 2009 Wendy rated it liked it
this was a fun book to listen to with my kids while driving in the car. We all enjoyed the story and the time together. They wanted to listen to more when we were done!
Heidi
I found this one interesting. Though much of the book was fictional, it still helped make a figure in history more real to me.
Angie
Oct 27, 2009 Angie rated it liked it
I read this book awhile ago. I remember liking it, but I can't remember much about it. Maybe I'll have to read it again.
Teresa
Mar 07, 2009 Teresa rated it liked it
Also my second time since I own it. A little slow but interesting concept of Ben Franklin's experience in our day.
Raymond Spitzer
Jun 24, 2011 Raymond Spitzer rated it really liked it
This really held my interest. Good use of historical information on Ben Franklin. Good uplifting story.
Mary Lou
Dec 03, 2013 Mary Lou rated it really liked it
I thought this was a great educational book filled with quotes from Ben Franklin. Very entertaining.
Camilla
Sep 15, 2012 Camilla rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: lds/ time travel/ fantasy
Shelves: favorites
Ben franklin is transported into modern day. Cool! It's really funny when he finds the elctrical socket.
Caren
Sci mixed with a tiny bit of HF.
Ben Franklin travels into the future to the 1990's.
Thom
Mar 20, 2008 Thom rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction
A story aout Mr Franklin jumping forward in time and trying to get back. A fun read.
Conrad Houser
Jun 22, 2011 Conrad Houser rated it liked it
Cute, light, a bit thought provoking. Easy read. Great bed time story.
James
Jul 05, 2008 James rated it did not like it
lame it was kind of scary. because tory got some bad things in his life
Kimball
May 19, 2011 Kimball rated it it was ok
The story was vague the writing was bad but, the climax was fine,
Carol
Oct 25, 2010 Carol rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Kinda cool. It's been a few years since I read it. Crazy!
Debbie
Feb 12, 2009 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I loved this book and lost it am going to have to rebuy
Samantha
It's good...yup.
Melissa
Dec 11, 2009 Melissa rated it really liked it
Very good!
  • The Bishop's Horse Race (The Soderberg Saga, #2)
  • Samuel: Moroni's Young Warrior (Samuel Adventure, #1)
  • Prelude to Glory, Vol. 8: A More Perfect Union
  • The Freedom Factor
  • Glory From on High (A Banner is Unfurled, #3)
  • Take Me Home (Hearts of the Children, #4)
  • Angels to the Rescue
  • Ties That Bind (Rebekka, #2)
  • The Forgotten Warrior
  • Love Beyond Time
  • This Just in
Chris Heimerdinger is an author and member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) who has presently written sixteen adult and young adult novels, most of which center on religious themes familiar to LDS members. Most are published with Covenant Communications in American Fork, Utah. One title, A Return to Christmas was also picked up by Random House/Ballantine in 1995. When the t ...more
More about Chris Heimerdinger...