Ben Franklin and the Chamber of Time

Ben Franklin and the Chamber of Time

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  653 ratings  ·  26 reviews
The light froze everyone in their tracks, except for Benny, Franklin's nephew. Desperately, he pushed his way past his mother until he stood in the doorway.

'Please no, please no!' Clamored in his brain.

Benny caught hold of the paneling around the doorway and peered into the room. A cloud of vapor obscured his view of the chamber. The odor within was most foul and putrid. A...more
Published August 1st 1995 by Deseret Book Co (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Ben Franklin and the Chamber of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ben Franklin and the Chamber of Time

Verona
This was one of my favorite books of all time! This was also one of my favorites of this author. I loved the possibilities of changing history and the interesting twists involved. I just enjoyed every page of this book.
Bobbi
When Brian was about 10 I had him read the first tennis shoes book by Chris Heimerdinger, when we found found more we started buying them for each other for Chirstmas and birthdays. Now Ben is 11 and not as interested in the tenis shoes but likes other books by this author, Passage to Zarahemla and Eddie Fantastic, this is the latest one we found at the library although is has been around quite awhile. If you are looking for something for boys these are really fun and they always have a good mor...more
Ryne
It's been so long since I read this that I can't give a complete review. Anyway, this book was based on a creative idea (time traveling + rapid aging). I seem to recall the teen characters weren't as compelling, and I thought the ending of the book was a bit of a cop-out. It was an interesting read, though.
Audri
May 21, 2012 Audri rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Audri by: My sister
Its not the kind of genre I read. It was hard to get into it and fully be sucked in. The story was a pretty OK one I suppose. And, it kinda leaves you with a sort of cliffhanger in the end. Aside from those, not very climactic for my taste
Steven Llewellyn
I have thought of this book a lot since I read it years ago. I really love it's premise, and have thought often about being the tour guide for some famous person from the past. It is a book that will inspire thought.
Todd Lemmon
Good read that captures the interest and is fun. The historical information about Ben Franklin is interesting and I learned more about him as a result of reading this entertaining book.
Heather
What I liked about this book is that it addresses the idea of what our founding fathers would think of our world today and how we view them. It's interesting and a fun read.
Kristen
This is a fun, quick read, but wasn't really an amazing read-aloud for my daughter (10). She was pretty bored. I would still recommend it for someone a little older.
Wendy
this was a fun book to listen to with my kids while driving in the car. We all enjoyed the story and the time together. They wanted to listen to more when we were done!
Heidi
I found this one interesting. Though much of the book was fictional, it still helped make a figure in history more real to me.
Angie
I read this book awhile ago. I remember liking it, but I can't remember much about it. Maybe I'll have to read it again.
Teresa
Also my second time since I own it. A little slow but interesting concept of Ben Franklin's experience in our day.
Raymond Spitzer
This really held my interest. Good use of historical information on Ben Franklin. Good uplifting story.
Mary Lou
I thought this was a great educational book filled with quotes from Ben Franklin. Very entertaining.
Camilla
Sep 15, 2012 Camilla rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: lds/ time travel/ fantasy
Shelves: favorites
Ben franklin is transported into modern day. Cool! It's really funny when he finds the elctrical socket.
Caren
Sci mixed with a tiny bit of HF.
Ben Franklin travels into the future to the 1990's.
Thom
A story aout Mr Franklin jumping forward in time and trying to get back. A fun read.
Conrad Houser
Cute, light, a bit thought provoking. Easy read. Great bed time story.
James
lame it was kind of scary. because tory got some bad things in his life
Kimball
The story was vague the writing was bad but, the climax was fine,
Carol
Kinda cool. It's been a few years since I read it. Crazy!
Debbie
I loved this book and lost it am going to have to rebuy
Samantha
Fun book to introduce kids to Benjamin Franklin
Adam
It's good...yup.
Husnulmaab
Husnulmaab marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
  • The Bishop's Horse Race (The Soderberg Saga, #2)
  • The Freedom Factor
  • Prelude to Glory, Vol. 8: A More Perfect Union
  • Take Me Home (Hearts of the Children, #4)
  • Love Beyond Time
  • Final Call (Autumn Rain, #3)
  • This Just In
  • A Banner Is Unfurled (A Banner is Unfurled, #1)
  • Power of Deliverance (The Promised Land, #2)
  • Angels Don't Knock!
Chris Heimerdinger is an author and member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) who has presently written sixteen adult and young adult novels, most of which center on religious themes familiar to LDS members. Most are published with Covenant Communications in American Fork, Utah. One title, A Return to Christmas was also picked up by Random House/Ballantine in 1995. When the t...more
More about Chris Heimerdinger...
Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites (Tennis Shoes, #1) Feathered Serpent, Part 2 (Tennis Shoes, #4) Gadiantons and the Silver Sword (Tennis Shoes, #2) Feathered Serpent, Part 1 (Tennis Shoes, #3) The Lost Scrolls (Tennis Shoes, #6)