Start by marking “Nausicaä del Valle del Viento #4” as Want to Read:
Nausicaä del Valle del Viento #4

Nausicaä del Valle del Viento #4 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind #4)

4.57 of 5 stars 4.57  ·  rating details  ·  1,178 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Una civilización tecnológicamente muy avanzada desapareció, dejando una Zona Contaminada, cubierta por un bosque de microbios que producían gases venenosos.
Los seres humanos se agruparon en pequeños reinos situados fuera del alcance de dicha zona.
"El Valle del Viento" está habitado por unas 500 personas protegidas de los gases por un fuerte viento que impide que les lleg
Published 2001 by Planeta De Agostini (first published March 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Nausicaä del Valle del Viento #4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nausicaä del Valle del Viento #4

Jordan
A complex story with no easy answers, well partnered with complex art and well developed characters. I really fell in love with Nausicaa by the end... Not the dark, not the light, but ~right~, and doing the best she could for everyone. This manga is respect worthy and beautiful.

Rating: Difficult
There is typical fighting violence, I would say about PG13. Mostly it's swordfighting, though a baby Ohmu (A giant bug) is tortured in one sad scene, and the story in general gets darker as things progres
Kirsten
I am loving this series! This volume had some particularly striking artwork; the scene where the God Warrior is being transported by air and you see its face and body melting in and out of the clouds is downright terrifying.
Harold Ogle
After reading this, I'm more impressed than I already was with Miyazaki, and that's saying a lot. I've often vacillated between regret and relief that I didn't babble and gush with stars in my eyes when I met him at the North American premiere of "Laputa" as a teenager (some years before he sold the English-language rights to Disney). All I did was shake his hand and thank him for his great work. My respect and admiration have only grown since then.

By this volume, the story is far more complicat
Jordan
So far, it's great. The art is detailed, though a little hard to get into at first. The story is deep and epic, with complex situations with no easy answers. It's exciting to see each new problem and revelation as they come, despite the pain each might cause. Some moments are heart wrenching, and it's easy to really feel for Nausicaa and hold the same 'save everyone' desire she does. This is, in fact, a little bit of a downer so far because of that very wish; it seems impossible to save everyone ...more
Michael
Work dragged me away from this, the only reason I didn't read the entire first volume (I had a four-in-one of these) in a day. This is a wonderful story. I was almost in literal pain to come back and read it.
Elaine
Still a bit confusing, but Nausicaa's pure heart and integrity help change people's hearts.
Coral Davies
Loved it. Only 3 volumes to go.
Izlinda
The end of the series, at least from this publisher. I found it very enlightening, and brings up good questions about humans and the environment, and repercussions for our actions. It also made me wonder about life and what is life, and free will, and what kind of path is best when life is on the brink of despair and devastation. There are some new characters introduced in this book, which makes it a bit hard to keep track of them. There were a few sad moments, as well.
Jayme
Kinda want this series to wrap it up. They go a little too slowly for my taste. But I'm not ready to pack it in yet, I want to see how it ends.

This volume covered more battles between the different peoples and a new spore mutation that's threatening to spread into the villages.
Deb
Aug 07, 2007 Deb rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Miyazaki & epic story fans
Shelves: favorites, manga
This series is slow to pick up the pace, but stick with it until the 3rd or 4th book and you'll be amazed at how much more depth & addicting storyline the books have than the movie.
Devero
Mentre la guerra prosegue incurante dei danni che può fare ad un mondo che già a malapena sopporta la presenza umana, Nausicaa prosegue la sua ricerca di verità e pace.
Edward Rathke
Really loving this. So much better than the film. Deeper, richer, more violent, more philosophical. To put it simply, it's more in every way.
Starbubbles
it had another slow beginning, but as the story progressed, it snowballed and became highly addictive by the end.
Jane Francis
Awesome series. I especially enjoyed the illustrations in this volume.
Michael
via NYPL - Still interesting, but still riddling with clarity issues.
Latifah Hajar
Latifah Hajar marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Andrew Bovenzi
Andrew Bovenzi marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Crane
Crane marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
  • Akira, Vol. 2 (Akira, #2)
  • Planetes, Book 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 006 (Pluto, #6)
  • Lone Wolf and Cub, Vol. 6: Lanterns for the Dead (Lone Wolf and Cub, #6)
  • Mushishi, Volume 4
  • Buddha, Vol. 7: Prince Ajatasattu
  • Battle Angel Alita, Volume 05: Angel Of Redemption (Battle Angel Alita)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 12
宮崎 駿

Hayao Miyazaki was born in Tokyo on January 5, 1941. He started his career in 1963 as an animator at the studio Toei Douga, and was subsequently involved in many early classics of Japanese animation. From the beginning, he commanded attention with his incredible ability to draw, and the seemingly-endless stream of movie ideas he proposed.

In 1971, he moved to A Pro with Isao Takahata, then to N
More about Hayao Miyazaki...
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 1 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #1) The Art of Spirited Away Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind, Vol. 1 The Art of Howl's Moving Castle Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #2)