Start by marking “Civil Procedure: Cases and Materials” as Want to Read:

Jack H. Friedenthal
Preview

Civil Procedure: Cases and Materials

2.85 of 5 stars 2.85  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The Tenth Edition of this popular casebook explores cutting edge issues and incorporates new Supreme Court cases that impact subject-matter jurisdiction (Grable), pleading (Twombly), joinder (Pimentel), and other important topics, and also explores the effect of recent federal statutes such as the Class Action Fairness Act. The casebook covers all of the major topics that ...more
Published January 1st 2005 by West Group Publishing (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Civil Procedure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Civil Procedure

Barron
I'll say it because it needs to be said: Another casebook on civil procedure? In a genre that is overflowing with similar offerings, one must really ask if the authors have anything new, or distinctive, to say on the matter. Nevertheless, it would be foolish to blame only Friedenthal, Miller, Sexton, and Hershkoff: Like the audiences of dreary sequels to 'Saw,' law students keep lapping up these page-turners year after year after year. And for that reason--combined with the enormously high cover ...more
David
Arthur Miller IS Civil Procedure

I took CivPro from Arthur Miller, and the supposed difficulty of CivPro was non-existent for me. Arthur Miller has a way of distilling complex rules into easy-to-memorize bullet points and logic flows. To this day, I can still remember some of the case names and what their holdings are, and I don't even practice law!!
I can't imagine a better CivPro casebook than this one. If your CivPro professor uses this book, consider yourself lucky.
Anthony
Wanna know the ins and outs of civil procedure in the American legal system? Go join a law firm. Wanna cram the basics of civil procedure in your head over the course of a few months and try to regurgitate it on an exam? Then maybe this book is for you.
Bryan
That's it. It's over. I finished my first year of law school. I'm gonna spend the next three months doing nothing but watching TV.
Rex
I though the casebook was OK, but I think the cases are perhaps less important in civil procedure than in other classes.
Kathleen
Only in America would the leading case on the personal jurisdiction doctrine be called Burger King v. Rudzewicz.
Meredith
Make sure your Aquaslide is genuine. If you are working on a summary judgment motion, cite Celotex.
John Yelverton
Yet another good casebook to teach law school students the basics of the law.
Marcus
Very in depth hornbook.
Nick Mecham
A law/rule book. Boring.
Ali
Ali is currently reading it
Feb 20, 2015
O
O marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Nigar
Nigar added it
Feb 20, 2015
Jess
Jess is currently reading it
Jan 11, 2015
magda
magda marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Almond Crunch
Almond Crunch is currently reading it
Dec 18, 2014
Marjie
Marjie added it
Nov 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Civil Procedure Supplement for use with all Pleading and Procedure Casebooks 2011-2012 (American Casebooks) 2009 Civil Procedure Supplement For Use With All Pleading And Procedure Casebooks Civil Procedure Supplement Civil Procedure 2013-2014 Supplement for Use with All Pleading and Procedure Casebooks 2012-2013 Civil Procedure Supplement for use with all Pleading and Procedure Casebooks (American Casebooks)