Start by marking “Trust” as Want to Read:
Trust

Trust (Don't Read in the Closet Events)

Dear Author,
I’m really a cop who’s infiltrated a notorious gang. This evil mob boss thinks he owns me. I’ve been under cover for so long I’ve forgotten who I really am. There’s a new guy in the gang who’s always watching me but for some reason I think I can trust him. Maybe we can bring down this gang together and get out with our lives and a HEA?

Photo Description: A dark-
Published July 28th 2011 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trust

Bettye Kanady
Nov 27, 2012 Bettye Kanady rated it liked it
Recommended to Bettye by: Love is Always Write List
Ooh... this story was gooood. Honestly, while I happen to appreciate a wild and sex-filled piece of literary prose, it's the ones that have a little something extra added in the mix. I had a bit of trouble getting into it; I kept losing focus, but once I sat down and got into the next few pages, I was hooked. The story begins with a man (we don't get his name right away) giving the reader information about his minutes old faceless hookup. Within the next few paragraphs, we're given the tip that ...more
Mandapanda
Nov 19, 2014 Mandapanda rated it really liked it
Hot Summer Days Anthology. An excellent short story from a great M/M author about two dangerous men who work with a New York Mob Family. Matt is brought into a new Family by the enigmatic and attractive Nick to manage the clubs. But things are not what they seem and both men have perilous secrets.

This is one of those short stories that feels a lot longer because of the great plot and characters. Nick is such a sexy guy (love the tattoos) and Matt's hidden submissive side is a great contrast to h
Rachel
Oooh, I loved this! I usually don't like stories that are written in present tense, but this was edgy and non-stop action, and so I couldn't stop reading. Very hot, very real, and I really enjoyed this!
Wandering Reader

This was one of the of those dark, grimy stories about discreetly gay, big, muscular, rough men working on the wrong side of the law who find each other. In addition to the secret they share, they are each keeping a bigger secret from each other.

Short story or not, the descriptions were written in a way that I could visualize the clubs, baths and streets the guys traveled. The only issue with short stories like this is that I found myself wishing it were a full novel. I really enjoyed this read
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Going with 3 stars cause the writing was engaging but not my type of story. Too slutty and characters barely got to know each other at all. Most the story seemed focused on the bath house sex and stuff. And he got lucky and the guy that fucked him that time used a condom?hes so desperate if they don't wanna wear one he let's them fuck him anyway? Then the three way he didn't want and was very jealous of. Yeah not for me

Neyjour
Story Prompt:

Damon Suede
Jul 29, 2011 Damon Suede rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed the grit and the pacing of this. And suitably smutty hotness as well from Owen! Two men who spiral into eacho other with heat and aggression without becoming cartoons.

Also, I generally have a problem with first person, but it's used to effectively here to filter informatioon AND to keep us in the protagonist's skin that I found myself nodding in pleasure at the CRAFT of it.

Delightful story! Fabulous contribution to the HJD-verse... :)
Wendy Ann
Aug 05, 2011 Wendy Ann rated it really liked it
Oh, I love mystery men with an underlying layer of vulnerability! It's awesome when a story hooks you right away and you get so into it that you can't read fast enough to see what happens. Yeah, this was that and more:) Thanks for weaving so much detail and plot into this story - it's really top notch, Zahra!!!

Sadonna
Aug 02, 2012 Sadonna rated it really liked it
Shelves: pdf, free, mm, contemporary
This isn't my first story by this author, but it might be my favorite so far. One of my all time favorite TV series was Wise Guy and this story gives me the same vibe. It's suspenseful and sexy and hot and even romantic at times. Would make a great full-length novel if the author so desired because it has so many compelling characters and potential story lines. Well done.
Shawn
I really liked this short. Matt and Nick were sexy and smart. In the short amount of words, I felt that a whole world was created and that each character was 3D.

I wish this was a longer piece. I am really intrigued by the world. It was seedy, dirty, and sexy. I like the taste I got, but I wish I could have more than a bite.
Britta ★ Nachteule ★
Aug 18, 2015 Britta ★ Nachteule ★ marked it as to-read
Shelves: hot-summer-days
***Read as part of the free Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Four anthology. Story #19***
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Apr 09, 2012 JustJen "Miss Conduct" rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, freebies
Loved this short story about two undercover cops who find they can trust each other with the operation and are just what each other needs. This grabbed my attention from the start and kept it until the end. I really wish this were a longer story. I would love to see more of these guys!
Anjali
These 48 pages felt real long to me, but the mob angle personally didn't do any thing for me.Nick and Matt do not feel believable. I did not like this story .
Matt and Nick both are deep undercover , where they work to expose the human trafficking racket.
Serena
Sep 29, 2016 Serena rated it liked it
Shelves: gr-dritc, romance-mm
Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Four

My Rating System:
* couldn't finish, ** wouldn't recommend, *** would recommend, **** would read again, ***** have read again
GlamLawyer
Mar 07, 2015 GlamLawyer rated it really liked it
That was a surprise for me. somehow I didn't expect it would grab me so much but damn the characters were great. Awesome writing and I didn't even care about 1st person POV I was hooked. Yup this was a good read!
SueM
Jul 30, 2011 SueM rated it really liked it
Zahra - this is a fantastic story - love it. You've managed to fit all the edginess of a romantic suspense novel into this story, topping it up with sexual tension and the vulnerability that lay beneath their mutual attraction. A well-crafted story! Thank you.
Bookbee
This was so freakin' good...hot, edgy and just plain YUM!

But (view spoiler)

Lila Hunter
Jun 12, 2014 Lila Hunter rated it really liked it
This story felt completed for a short story. It was really engaging and the characters were well developed.
Ameena
Ameena rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Tailtiu
Tailtiu rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Zam
Zam rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2013
Brittney Bower
Brittney Bower rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2015
Jerry
Jerry rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2011
Jenny Cazzola
Jenny Cazzola rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Mimi Lee
Mimi Lee rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2012
Adara
Adara rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2011
Crystal
Crystal rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2016
Jeannine
Jeannine rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2014
  • Be a Bad Boy
  • Sink or Swim
  • Blindsided
  • Friday I'm In Love
ZAHRA OWENS is a multi-lingual globetrotter who loves big cities, but also has a weak spot for the wide-open spaces that are so rare where she lives.
She likes her men either tough on the outside but with a huge soft center, or strong, silent and damaged. She makes it her personal goal to find them their happy-ever-after, the road there often leading via hospital beds, villas with gorgeous vistas o
More about Zahra Owens...

Don't Read in the Closet Events (1 - 10 of 688 books)
  • Bobby's Christmas Gift
  • A Bugger to Pack
  • Christmas Gifts
  • Christmas in the Sandbox
  • Cocklebur's Christmas
  • The Conquerors (Zero-G wrestling)
  • Crying Wolf (Portals, #2.5)
  • D.N.A.: Double Helix