Start by marking “Kiss & Blog” as Want to Read:
Kiss & Blog

Kiss & Blog

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  1,733 ratings  ·  167 reviews
As sophomores at Ocean High, Winter and her best friend, Sloane, make a pact to do whatever it takes to make it to the top of the social pyramid. But once Sloane gets a taste of what it's like to fit in with the cool girls, she all but slams that door in Winter's face. Left without her best-friend-since-forever, Winter decides to take revenge the good old fashioned way: By ...more
Published October 16th 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published May 15th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss & Blog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss & Blog

MJ Nicholls
Feb 10, 2013 MJ Nicholls marked it as getting-even  ·  review of another edition
Read my review of this at my blog:

Alternately, here is the first sentence:

This book is a political allegory set in a flea dip, with the Lead Flea an allegorical Idi Amin and the Lower Flea the Oppressed Downtrodden Peasants of Nigeria and comparisons to 1984 are not . . .

Read the rest of this sentence at my blog:

Alternately, here is the last sentence:

. . . a terrific and heartwarming . . .

To read the first clause a
Michelle Tierney
Nov 09, 2007 Michelle Tierney rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teenage girls
This book was great! It was one of the best books i've ever read. This book would be best for teenage girls since it involves alot of drama, which teenage girls go through daily. In this book, two best friends are split up over popularity which involes lots of backstabbing, gossip, and girl drama. I could not put this book down. I would deffinetly reccomened it.
Alyson {Error Nebula}
As some of you may know, for some absurd reason, I made an Alyson Noel haul. Yes, two books is a haul for me. Now shut up! I'm not a Noel fan, never was really, but something makes me read her novels, even when I want to falcon punch most of the characters in the face.

Winter and Sloane are besties forever. Or so they though. After years of being outcasts, they casted a goal: to be in the popular squad. But Sloane ditches Winter and Winter makes out with hotties.

Plot:
Cliche, such a cliche my dear
Marci
I could not put Kiss&Blog down. Seriously! Totally addictive... Winter is a shy, awkward, 15 going on 16 girl who just lost her best friend (and only friend) Sloane. Sloane ditched Winter for the back-stabbing, mean girls of Ocean High. You see, Winter and Sloane had been planning and planning their sophomore year all summer, their break-out year; where they went from nobodies, to A-listers. They changed their hair, body care products, and attitude. But once Sloane was at the top, there was ...more
Amanda
Pre-reading: I don't really expect this to be very good, but it's been on my bookshelf forever so I figured I should read it.

Post-reading: So I was pretty much right with my original opinion of the book. It wasn't very good to say the least. It was poorly written, mostly unrealistic, and had too many random and pointless subplots & details.

Basically the main character Winter is really annoying and made me want to throw the book at the wall about 70 times while reading it, which is never a go
Beth Reekles
Kiss & Blog, by Alyson Noel

“As freshmen at Ocean High last year, Winter and her best friend Sloane thought they could ditch their nerdy past, launching from invisible to cool. But after another miserable year of standing on the sidelines they make a pact to do whatever it takes not to go unnoticed in their sophomore year, promising each other that whoever makes it into the cool group first will bring the other along.
One Sloane gets a taste of life on the A-list, she slams that door in Winter
Marissa Marzano
I came along this book by accident, made the choice to randomly go to the library one day and this is what i picked up.

I have this routine, that when i pick up a book, i'll read the first chapter, and if i like it, i'll continue reading. This was definately one of those books!

I love the fact that they based it on a girl who likes a different kind of music, and whose family is based in a different decade. I thought that brought a whole different level to the book.

As materialistic as some of thi
Venessa (PebbleCafe)
Update: Finished the book last night. I liked the second half more than the first. I wish, oh how I *really* wish Winter would have gave Sloane a tongue lashing once and for all!

- - - - - -

I picked up Kiss & Blog to tie me over until Dark Flame is released. The Immortal series is my introduction to Alyson Noel. I liked them enough to check out her other books. My library only had Kiss & Blog, but I wasn't picky.

Okay, so one of my little pet peeve with some authors is the overuse of one
Rain Misoa
Mar 01, 2011 Rain Misoa rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Chick Lit lovers... I guess.
Recommended to Rain by: Me >_<
Bah! This book did absolutely nothing for me. It just rambled about nothing of importance and it was so predictable that... I can't even begin to tell you what I thought. *Sighs* The characters are shallow, the plot is boring... I just can't stand this book. I now this is just a very short review but... this book just annoyed me to no end! Read it and decide for yourselves.
Erica D`souza
First I thought this book had already given away the plot in the title and the synopsis.But I`m glad I was wrong when I thought this book would end with a suicide or a sad story. It was different .

I was really surprised when I read a blog update. The secrets are so funny, and jaw dropping and unbelieveably true! I can't imagine how Alyson Noel came up with those secrets.

I loved Rey! Totally a Rey-girl right now. (Sorry Zach and Hale)

It's so true. I thought I was reading somebody's true story,
Sara
Sep 01, 2008 Sara rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
This book wasn't the worst book I've ever read, but I'm still surprised that I got through about half of it before tossing it aside. I can't remember where I heard about the author; her most recent book sounded interesting, but the library didn't have that one, so I picked this up instead. It was quite a let down.

The plot had a lot of promise - two girls, determined to get to the top of the high school social chain, decide to do whatever it takes to get there, but once Sloane gets in, she leave
Aileen
This is definitely one of Alyson Noel's best works. I have read more then one or two of her books and she has never disappointed yet. She is definitely not only one of my favorite authors but I love reading her books again and again. Though she unlike some other authors, give such subtle hints to outcomes when they happen you cannot help but be overcome with joy at what happens to these lovable characters. When I first saw this book I thought it would be much different from what it actually was. ...more
Chrissy
So, I definitely feel too old to admit that this type of gossipy young adult fiction is a definite guilty pleasure of mine, but I'm saying it regardless. I definitely enjoyed KISS AND BLOG and I would recommend it to anyone who secretly stashes away smutty gossip magazines -- because it's just THAT fun!

Backing up a little bit, KISS AND BLOG is about two best friends who have decided that they are absolutely tired of being social nobodies at their high school. Thus, they spend their summer resear
Lexine Garcia
I really didn't enjoy reading this book but hey it's kinda intriguing and well i'm a teenager so i can relate to the story. First time to read a Alyson noel book, I'm not saying I don't like it but it lacks something. I think the ending is cliffhanger to me, because Winter as the lead of the story just stop writing about her ex-friend which is Sloane who was Winter's blogging about all of her secrets. Well I don't blame Winter because Sloane is a bitch coz she ditched Winter just to be popular. ...more
Zunaira Ghazal
The truth is, no matter how much I tried I couldn't make myself like the character that was Winter Simmons. I hated how she was frivolous, flippant, a giant ungrateful brat. She was too stupid and caught up in herself to see what was right in front of her all the time. She was so busy reveling in the drama of her non-existent social life that she gave away the only thing that could've made her happy and then she didn't even have the guts to go back for it. She had no spine, no personality, was u ...more
Rebecca
Jul 09, 2007 Rebecca rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: high school girls
Must say, I didn't really care for this one. Main character Winter (another Winter, how's that for strange?) plots with her best friend, Sloane, to break into the popular crowd as sophomores. When Sloane is accepted and dumps Winter, Winter gets her revenge by posting Sloane's dirty secrets on an anonymous blog.

I appreciate the cyberbullying angle (it's hard to remain anonymous, no matter how you try), and I couldn't help thinking of Harriet the Spy. What if Harriet's journal had loyal follower
Nanna
So I really like Noel for the Immortal series that I wanted to check out her other books. Went to the library, only had Kiss & Blog...read a chapter online decided "what the heck!"
Well first off let me say it was an okay book! Easy reading in less than a day. But the thing that annoyed me the most was that I kept feeling as if I was ready one of the Immortals book where Ever is being an obsessive, paranoid, stalker! But instead of Roman, we have Sloane, the ExBFF.
Typical book about the los
Reut
I'm trying to re-read Alyson Noel's Immortals series, so I figured I might pick up one of here standalone contemporary novels beforehand. I was dismally disappointed.

Winter, the main character, is one of the whiniest, most obnoxious, positively unlikeable characters ever. She yells at perfectly nice people, tells secrets, is a cheater, and basically is the type of girl I would not touch with a 10-foot pole at my school. I would never ever want to know a girl like Winter.

The best part of this boo
Mathura
The book was interesting in itself, though the whole "popularity" storyline has gotten old for me. The sudden failing of a friendship is realistic, which didn't make the storyline annoy me as much.
I think the characters could've been expanded somewhat. I really couldn't root for the main couple as well as I usually do because I didn't know that much about him. I did, however, root for the protagonist and feel bad for her. Though really, she often only says "ummmm" or shrugs.
It was an enjoyable
Jessica Frost
Light and enjoyable chick lit for teens. My 14yr old step daughter really enjoyed this one and so did I. The themes of the high school pecking order and peer pressure were well displayed. I really felt like I knew all the characters because I think we probably all know people like them in our lives. Because it was all so relatable I found it hard to put this book down because I really cared about Winter and by the end just wanted to slap Sloane. I think that there was a really nice strong messag ...more
Gabriellewilliams
it's about a girl who's not girlie, but not a tom boy either, like me. she has rock star style, but is so insercure and her name is winter. I feel a lot of connections to Winter. I feel a lot of connections to Winter bcause she is a normal girl who acts like me. I love that I never was able to put Kiss and blog down. I recommend this book to Girls who love a fiction story that they can relate to.
Siena Marchiano
I really enjoyed this book. I loved all of the Alyson Noel books I’ve read in the past and this one was no disappointment for sure. I really love how this book, and mostly all of her books are relatable because they are mostly all about high school/middle school kids and the conflicts they run into. Two girls named Winter and Sloane have their whole sophomore year planned out hoping to go from nobody’s, to A-listers. But, once Sloane gets a taste of popularity she leaves winter in the dust. Out ...more
Neolover24488
The plotline was interesting, and the characters were well-developed. It's just the main character was so hopelessly stupid. Twice I slammed my bookmark into the book and threw it on the couch. She was so frustrating at times! >.<

I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone. Unless you like frustrating main characters, that is... Lol.
Valerie
The first half is full of cliches. Two friends make a plan to get popular, one succeeds and forgets the other, the other plans for revenge. The story was old, but the second half added some interesting part that made me finish it. It wasn't horrible, but only read it if you're in the mood for generic teen fiction.
Jessica
This is a typical girly teenage book, best friends desperate and one of them becomes part of the popular crowd. there was a lot of random babble, and unnecessary thoughts in this book. the names were not creative and it was just a bad story. There is a movie with the exact same story line it's just cliché.
Carol Tran
This book gave me a lot of inspiration for starting my own blog, which is turning out to be pretty great. But honestly? The book sucked. The only reason why it even got an extra star is because it inspired me. A real disappointment.
Pragnya Belikov
I was sorry when this book ended, because Winter is just so relatable. Most protagonists are usually too good to be true, always doing the right thing, even when they've hit rock botttom. Alyson Noel has given us a character who is much more believable and practical, beacuse she is flawed, just like the rest of us. I know I would have done the same thing in her shoes. I need a sequel to this book! Maybe in Sloane's point of view, because after ending this one, I need to know what she makes of th ...more
Brenna
very boring. it follows the life of a girl, alomost too much. Her life is boring. Lets put it this way, if it was a movie, almost the whole book would be edited out because it would be boring.
Carly
Let's just say i didn't even finish the book. right from the start Winter annoyed me sooooo much. i wanted to crack her head open or something.
gahhh!.
Krystalk
Definitely inspired me to keep a blog, really inter sting even though I myself have never had a social problem.
TANA Goldfields United Kingdom Marc Faber: The World Is a Mess, But Junior Gold Mining Stocks Could Double 1 2 Jun 03, 2013 11:53PM
hey 3 12 Apr 15, 2013 08:13AM
  • In Your Room
  • Sloth (Seven Deadly Sins, #5)
  • Giving Up the V
  • Kiss in the Dark (Scarlett Wakefield, #3)
  • The Perfect Boy
  • Spring Break
  • Can True Love Survive High School? (Dating Game, #3)
  • The Karma Club
  • Violet by Design (Violet, #2)
  • The Breakup Bible
  • Are U 4 Real?
  • Reality Chick
  • Love: And Other Uses for Duct Tape (Belle, #2)
  • The Fashion Disaster that Changed my Life
  • Love, Meg
  • Isabelle's Boyfriend
  • The ABC's of Kissing Boys
200317
*Note to readers: I'm slowly trying to add to the long list of books I have read, books I am reading, books I want to read, and books I loved reading. I only add books I loved, hence all my ratings are 5 stars!

Alyson Noël is the #1 New York Times best selling, award-winning, author of 21 novels, including: FAKING 19, ART GEEKS AND PROM QUEENS, LAGUNA COVE, FLY ME TO THE MOON, KISS & BLOG, SAVI
More about Alyson Noel...
Evermore (The Immortals, #1) Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2) Shadowland (The Immortals, #3) Dark Flame (The Immortals, #4) Night Star (The Immortals, #5)

“Memories are the only things we really own, the only things that stay constant. Everything else becomes dust.” 7 likes