Start by marking “I Love You More” as Want to Read:
I Love You More

I Love You More

Korean edition of "I Love You More" by Laura Duksta. New York Times Bestseller in children's book and selected as Children's Book of the year (2007) at London Book Festival. Translated by Lee Sa Rang.
Published December 1st 2001 by I Shine Inc

To ask other readers questions about I Love You More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You More

Henry Martin
Mar 18, 2014 Henry Martin rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This is a great heartwarming story about love between a mother and a child, exploring both sides of the equation. The child's perceptions are spot on.

Recommended.

Megan McReynolds
Feb 22, 2017 Megan McReynolds rated it it was amazing
Shelves: el230a
This book is the sweetest little story! I would read this both to my classroom and to my kids. The book tells the story of the immense love a mother and son feel for each other, both conjoined by the world. This signifies that, no matter what, their love is greater than anything in the world. The book would be sweet to read around mother or father's day, where the kids could make their own books about how much they love their guardians!
Jan 13, 2017 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
This is a double book. Read one side and turn it around and upside down and read the other way.
Bridgette Redman
Feb 01, 2012 Bridgette Redman rated it really liked it
It doesn't matter how sentimental the book is, most parents are suckers for the "I love you" books. It seems they are almost a subgenre to themselves filled with a parent (usually a mom)-child patter about how they love each other.

Sometimes the child questions whether the parent would continue to love them no matter how they behaved (such as in the Mama, Do You Love Me book), sometimes the characters engage in a competition about who loves each other the most. No matter how sentimental these bo
Angie
Jan 23, 2013 Angie rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Synopsis: "Were you ever told, "You know I love you?" Or have you ever felt that you did not tell someone you loved them enough? Reach out and embrace I Love You More, a timeless gift you will share again and again.

Too often love is assumed and not spoken. Love should be seen, heard, felt, sensed, shown, expressed, talked about-and more! Reading I Love You More will become a game, a conversation of love, that people, especially parents and
children, can share for years.

This cleverly conceived fli
Sheryl Rogener
Dec 18, 2008 Sheryl Rogener rated it really liked it
Our family has a little tag we always add to our "I love you" exchanges: the first person says, "I love you", and the other person says," But I love you MORE!". I don't know when or how we started the fun tradition, but we still do it today and, as silly as it sounds, it always brings a smile and the "warm fuzzies"....which is exactly what you and your little ones will experience when you read this new book by Laura Duksta, I Love You More.

The words are sweet and lilting (I think some creative
Tessa Hensley
Dec 07, 2015 Tessa Hensley rated it really liked it
An adorable book that goes both backwards and forwards. It may be for parents to read to their very little children, but I don't think a child is ever too old to read or write about loving their parents. I would have children read this and then think of the person they love most in this world. Then they have to find a creative way to say "I love You" to that person. It could be a picture, poem, story, comparison, or anything they wanted as long as it was sincere and creative.
This activity could
Kathryn (Nine Pages)
Originally published on my blog, Nine Pages .

This book features a pretty cool and inventive structure. One side reads as the mother’s response to her son’s question: “How much do you love me?” Flip it over and read the son’s response to his mother when she asks the same question. The middle page bridges the two responses. The text itself is pretty… gooey. Especially on the mother’s side it sounds like that old country song: “deeper than the holler, stronger than the rivers, higher the pine tree
Margaret Chind
Jul 07, 2010 Margaret Chind rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Margaret by: Sourcebooks, Inc
This is one really neat board book and AppleBlossom loves to flip through the pages. One of the cool thing about this little book is that is opens and starts from both the front cover and the back cover and practically never ends. If you have not been able to catch yourself a copy of this book watch the video to see what's it about. Each page and phrase is one more explanation to quantify your love between a mama and her child. This book is a treasure and I plan on reading it over and over again ...more
Kimberly
Sep 21, 2012 Kimberly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rdg-4050
I Love You More is a very sweet book of a mother and son. It is a flip book with the mother’s reasons for loving her son in one direction and the son’s reasons the other direction. They both relate their love in terms of nature and creation. Each side displays their love in appropriate ways.
I would probably use this one as a take home read with parents’ book. It could also be used to show how writers do things differently as the set-up of the book is very different than traditional books. It
Meg McGregor
Feb 11, 2015 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it
This is one of the sweetest books, for a parent and child, to share together.

I love the idea that the book is told from the parent's point of view; then turn the book over, and the story is told from the child's point of view.

The illustrations are endearing, but not I believe, as good as they could have been. That is the only reason the book did not receive five stars.
Tricia
too much like the classic "guess how much i love you" or is that just me? sort of sweet due to the illustrations. not sure it has to be a flip book...wish they would've just done it all as one upright book.
Ruth Ann
Aug 07, 2015 Ruth Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two-sided book - one from the mother's perspective, one from the child's perspective.

Heart warming, perfect. Much better than all the rest....better than Guess How Much I Love You and Love You Forever, which is a little creepy.
Tierney
Mar 08, 2009 Tierney rated it it was amazing
i love the way the mom and boy tell how much they love eachother in their own special way.
Rosanna
Apr 19, 2012 Rosanna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
super sweet book. I bought it for my son when he was in the hospital, and couldn't read it for sobbing. now that's he's healthy and happy and almost two, he will sit and read it with me.
DixieJo
Feb 14, 2010 DixieJo rated it it was amazing
This is a flip over book.
Read it one way and it's the Momma telling the boy how much she loves him.
Close it, flip it over and it is the boy telling his Momma how much he loves her.
Toma Szabat
Jul 01, 2011 Toma Szabat rated it it was amazing
Bought this book for my mother-in-law, cause she always have one of these types of saying with my children and it's a fond memory.
Lili Stewart
Oct 22, 2014 Lili Stewart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite!

We read this story every night!!! Family favorite! I never finish without a tear!!! And my babies know this book by heart!
Sarah Stumphf
Sep 08, 2013 Sarah Stumphf rated it it was ok
This was a little confusing to read as a bedtime story, we figured it out, but I think this is better as a daytime reading book because of the flipping mid story.
Sari
Nov 05, 2007 Sari rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents and their younger kids
My five year old and I enjoyed reading this flip-sided book from both directions - from the point of view of both the mother and the child.
Elizabeth
Lovely book from the perspective of a mother and son about how much they love each other. They both give examples that suit their age. Also flips
Tai
May 09, 2016 Tai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. I read it almost everyday for two years to my two young daughters. At some point, my youngest started reading it to me. We love that the book goes forward and backward.
Brucelle
Jul 04, 2014 Brucelle rated it really liked it
Very interesting and unusual story about three women that find out they're married to the same man.
Alysia
Jul 06, 2013 Alysia rated it it was amazing
This is a cute and interesting book to introduce rhyming words and informal descriptions of measurements.
Monica
It's ok. Book 'never ends' because you flip it midway trough and the story starts all over again.

This is the board book version, and is much smaller than the original book.
Jun 26, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing
A bedtime favorite for my son and I.
Jacqueline Kendall
Mar 14, 2013 Jacqueline Kendall rated it really liked it
This was such a cute book for the little ones. Its about a little boy who asks his mom how much she loves him. Age 3 and 5

Picture book
La-Shanda
Sep 30, 2012 La-Shanda rated it really liked it
Cute and a good book to read to your child or elementary students; as a classroom teacher (loco parentis), you will illustrate that someone cares and love them!
Brandi
Brandi rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2015
L.K. Sukany
L.K. Sukany rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2016
  • How Do I Love You?
  • Some Dogs Do
  • Mommy Hugs
  • Little Loon and Papa
  • Ladybug Girl Dresses Up!
  • The Three Billy-goats Gruff: A Norwegian Folktale
  • Are You a Cow?
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Rose!
  • Do You Have a Hat?