Start by marking “A Kate Daniels Magic Series Collection (Kate Daniels, #1-5)” as Want to Read:
A Kate Daniels Magic Series Collection (Kate Daniels, #1-5)

A Kate Daniels Magic Series Collection (Kate Daniels #1-5)

Collects Magic Bites, Magic Burns, Magic Strikes, Magic Bleeds and Magic Slays.
Paperback
Published July 23rd 2011

Baisakhi
Feb 15, 2016 Baisakhi rated it it was amazing
A conversation between Kate and her 'aunt' Erra, the God of Plagues.

I choked a bit on my tea. “Let me see if I have it straight: you killed your children and piloted their undead
bodies.”
“Yes. Does that shock you?”
“No. You’re a psychopath.”
“What does that mean?”
I got up and brought her a dictionary. She read the definition. “That sums it up well, yes.”

If that isn't reason enough to read the book, I don't know what is.
Rosa
Dec 29, 2011 Rosa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fiction
I can't help it, I am a Magic series junkie :) I like every book, every novella, short storie and tidbit. For me it is the perfect combo of a kick-ass heroine, a great story in a well developed world and the best support cast. The story is full of action, laced with some romance and funny moments/remarks.
I also like that there are no swooning vampires in this story :)
Ruvinika
Rating:4.5

The Kate Daniels storyline occurs in the future parallel world similar to ours. The world has suffered a magic apocalypse. We pushed the technological progress too far, and now magic returned with a vengeance.
It comes in waves, without warning, and vanishes as suddenly as it appears. When magic is up, planes drop out of the sky, cars stall, electricity dies. When magic is down, guns work, spells fail and wards go down. It’s not balance, it is pure chaos.

Most of the inhabitants are bo
Petrogale
Dec 02, 2011 Petrogale rated it really liked it
awesome series - it has been great seeing the characters develop from book one to current.
A very nicely set up urban fantasy series (with a dash of romance) with a Kick arse heroine (who mostly manages to scrape through her encounters),good side plots and repercussions that pop up in different stories and her "side kicks" who are often as detailed as Kate is, and who grow with her over the series.

Plot stuff - ummm, magic is back in the world and with it comes all the things from religion, fanta
Shannon
Jul 31, 2014 Shannon rated it it was amazing
This is my all time favorite series EVER! I cannot get enough of Kate Daniels. She is the perfect heroine. She is a complete bad ass (without being over the top), she makes mistakes and owns them, she doesn't complain, there is nothing wimpy about her, and she is compassionate and loving. I have read so many books trying to find a heroine like Kate Daniels and most other similar characters either completely unrealistic and over the top, or are whiney and weak. Kate Daniels is a perfect meld of ...more
Shannon
Feb 15, 2016 Shannon rated it it was amazing
I have found a new series to add to my favorites! This one has a heroine that is witty, a little damaged, and someone to relate to, as well as a male counterpart that thinks like a cat (instead of the usual dog). The sexual tension is perfect. It doesn't dominate the story line, in other words it is urban fantasy with a touch of romance. However, it's just enough to leave the reader really anticipating that part of the story and wanting for more. On that note, she goes into just enough carnal ...more
Coyora Dokusho
Read at least (2) times.

Well, these books are fantastic and I love to read them. It was really good to read them this time again because it reminded me that reading books again is a pleasure instead of a chore! So maybe I'll tackle my Karen Chance and C E Murphy backlog soon...

Merged review:

Read at least (3) times

Well, it was really, really, really fun reading the whole series again. Thanks Ilona Andrews!! And Gordon!!!
Bernie Marchand
Aug 30, 2012 Bernie Marchand rated it really liked it
Really fun series! For the whole day I read these books (they are like fantasy candy, you can just read them all up in a couple of days) I feel like I'm as kick ass as the main character.
Kaela Chow
Jul 10, 2013 Kaela Chow rated it it was amazing
You've gotta love a series where you like and get invested in EVERY character, even the @ssholes.
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
Magic Bites - I found it to be a different kind of story that has some interest and me wanting more. Kate is strong and endearing in her own way. This Curran character has her interest and maybe a bit more. There is necromancers, vampires, shapeshifters, a hot guy, and a kickass girl. What more could an urban fantasy want? Oh yeah, there is also a great plot line with a story that will entice you to want more.

Magic Burns - Kate Daniels has seen her share of occupational hazards but becoming a mo
Sonrjean
May 14, 2012 Sonrjean rated it it was amazing
These books are great. They were a little difficult for me to get into as I felt I was just dropped into the world with no background. Stuff was happening but I had no reference point for any of it. I picked up and put down Magic Bites a few times before other reviews prompted me to just buckle down and read it. But once I got going I couldn't stop reading these. The first book is by far the weakest, the second, third, and fourth get better and better. The characters are amazing, the action is ...more
Michele Huizinga
Jul 13, 2011 Michele Huizinga rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read these yet you should be. By far and away the best Urban Fantasy series out there written by a husband and wife team. If you want racy scenes of romance taking over the story, this isn't your bag. But, if you like the slow burn of tension and attraction that makes you want to turn pages faster to see what happens, then you've found gold here. The fight scenes are gritty and have an edge, and the world building is fab. Their website is worth checking out too for updates and ...more
LOL_BOOKS
THE KATE DANIELS BOOKS ARE PRETTY GOOD FOR SUPERPOWERED HEROINES. THEY HAVE URBAN FANTASY ALPHA MALE BULLSHIT, BUT SHE'S ALSO BASICALLY A DEMIGOD.

ARE THOSE THE ONES WHERE HER BF IS A CATLORD OR SOMETHING? I ENJOYED THOSE BUT THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT THE PROSE OF ALL URBAN FANTASY THAT MAKES IT A GENRE I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO FULLY LOVE.

MERCEDES THOMPSON AND THE OTHER SERIES SET IN THE SAME UNIVERSE BY PATRICIA BRIGGS, KATE DANIELS BY ILONA ANDREWS, AND THE OTHERS BY ANNE BISHOP ARE MY FAVORITES.
Crystal Gale
Jun 10, 2012 Crystal Gale rated it it was amazing
Even though I mostly gave 4 stars for every book in this series, I am giving it a 4.5 star here because I really enjoyed reading this! I love how action packed it is and how great Ilona ANdrews described each event. It is full of magic, mythology, fighting scenes and a lot of kick ass events that blends well together. I just wished there's a lot more romance in this book coz it made me feel Curran and Kate's love story is just a small speck of dust among all the events happening in the story.

Ove
Noree Cosper
Nov 23, 2012 Noree Cosper rated it it was amazing
I am really loving this series. I finished the first five books in the course of two weeks, which is pretty fast for me lately. Kate is an excellent strong lead and she is amusing. But she's far from perfect, which makes me root for her even more. Plus, she has a sword, which rocks!

I also love the way magic and tech is set up in the world. It's very refreshing, giving the whole series a post apocalyptic feeling. What really draws me in, is Ilona Andrews mythos. The meshing of our history and myt
Karen Gee
Feb 15, 2016 Karen Gee rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I enjoyed reading this series, but I found the world building in the 1st book to be a bit awkward. I felt that I never really understood the world until the end of the book, and that constant confusion detracted a little from the story. If you can make it through the first book, the rest are much more enjoyable.
Karri
Feb 22, 2013 Karri rated it it was amazing
I love this series. I love the evolution of Kate from being a loner to having friends. I love that she is a strong, kick ass character that sometimes, well, gets her ass kicked. I appreciate that she is not the best at everything but is brilliant at what she does do. The relationships in this book are rich and varied and they also evolve as all new relationships do.
Pilars Scott
Sep 06, 2012 Pilars Scott rated it it was amazing
I am so many kinds of addicted to these books. I cannot even give an impartial rating. Don't judge these books by the super cheesy covers. Kate Daniels is my hero. Lots of fun action and supernatural crime solving.
Amy
Oct 03, 2011 Amy rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed the Kate Daniels series. I love the connection between the three worlds, of magic, were and vampire. I also love the "back stories" like Curran: Volume 1. I enjoy getting a range perspective of the stories and characters.
Renee
Nov 14, 2010 Renee rated it really liked it
Books 1 and 2 got off to a slow start with lots of fighting. Books 3 and 4 were a delightful departure - the characters were rounded out and Kate grew into one of the wittiest bad-ass heroines in urban fantasy. Those last books were great - get through the first two and you'll have struck gold.
Lauren
Nov 06, 2011 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Kate Daniels Magic series is amazing,always exciting story lines , and characters you can't help but love. It is one of those series you will want to read again and again! Im excited for the next in the series
Karin Elisabeth
Jan 02, 2011 Karin Elisabeth rated it it was amazing
I simply loved this series from book one.
I enjoy their website because they offer different points of view and snippets
Kathy Treadway
Jan 06, 2011 Kathy Treadway rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVE their writing. No matter the story. I have read books 1 through 4 at least 8 times in the last year. They are my go-to series when I want to escape.
Scarlet
Jan 28, 2012 Scarlet rated it it was amazing
Love this series....Kate Daniels is one my favorite characters. Waiting patiently for the next book.
Kira
Dec 27, 2012 Kira rated it really liked it
Shelves: life-now
I'm not really into urban fantasy books but this is a great series. Can't wait for the next book due out summer 2013.
Kate
Jul 20, 2012 Kate rated it it was amazing
Best urban fantasy I've read since Mercy Thompson. Totally believable world and great characters. One of my favourite lines ever .. "here kitty kitty"!
M
Feb 15, 2016 M rated it it was amazing
Better even the second time through! I waiting not so patiently for the next book to come out. Kate and Curran are one of my favorite couples.
Val
Dec 15, 2010 Val rated it it was amazing
This series is wonderful. The mystery and magic just sucks in readers and leaves them begging for more.
Sharon Romee
Sharon Romee rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2012
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2012
  • Preying For Mercy (Mercy Thompson, #1-3)
  • Opal Cowan Trilogy 3 Books Collection Set (Glass, #1-3)
  • The Parasol Protectorate: Soulless, Blameless, and Changeless
  • Fathers and Sons (Curran POV, #2)
  • Knight Games Box Set  (Kinght Games, #1-4)
  • The Burning Bush (Santeria Habitat, #2)
  • Shifters Series Box Set (Shifters, #1-6)
  • The Fever Series
  • Harvest (The Druid Series, #3)
  • Two's A Couple, Three's The Law
  • A Dozen Black Roses (Sonja Blue, #4)
  • Ghost Flower
  • The Wake Trilogy (Wake #1-3)
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. author2sm“Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a ...more
More about Ilona Andrews...

Kate Daniels (10 books)
  • Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1)
  • Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)
  • Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8)
  • Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9)
  • Untitled (Kate Daniels, #10)