Start by marking “A Kate Daniels Magic Series Collection (Kate Daniels, #1-5)” as Want to Read:
A Kate Daniels Magic Series Collection (Kate Daniels, #1-5)

A Kate Daniels Magic Series Collection (Kate Daniels #1-5)

4.75 of 5 stars 4.75  ·  rating details  ·  422 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Collects Magic Bites, Magic Burns, Magic Strikes, Magic Bleeds and Magic Slays.
Paperback
Published July 23rd 2011

Mistborn by Brandon SandersonThe Way of Kings by Brandon SandersonThe Gunslinger by Stephen KingThe Way of Shadows by Brent WeeksHowl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
Sword and Laser Fantasy List
336th out of 669 books — 955 voters
Harry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingThe Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset by Suzanne CollinsPercy Jackson and the Olympians Boxed Set by Rick RiordanThe Mortal Instruments Boxed Set by Cassandra ClareThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
Favorite Series (not individual books)
29th out of 67 books — 88 voters

More lists with this book...

Baisakhi
A conversation between Kate and her 'aunt' Erra, the God of Plagues.

I choked a bit on my tea. “Let me see if I have it straight: you killed your children and piloted their undead
bodies.”
“Yes. Does that shock you?”
“No. You’re a psychopath.”
“What does that mean?”
I got up and brought her a dictionary. She read the definition. “That sums it up well, yes.”

If that isn't reason enough to read the book, I don't know what is.
Ruvinika
Rating:4.5

The Kate Daniels storyline occurs in the future parallel world similar to ours. The world has suffered a magic apocalypse. We pushed the technological progress too far, and now magic returned with a vengeance.
It comes in waves, without warning, and vanishes as suddenly as it appears. When magic is up, planes drop out of the sky, cars stall, electricity dies. When magic is down, guns work, spells fail and wards go down. It’s not balance, it is pure chaos.

Most of the inhabitants are bor
Rosa
I can't help it, I am a Magic series junkie :) I like every book, every novella, short storie and tidbit. For me it is the perfect combo of a kick-ass heroine, a great story in a well developed world and the best support cast. The story is full of action, laced with some romance and funny moments/remarks.
I also like that there are no swooning vampires in this story :)
Petrogale
awesome series - it has been great seeing the characters develop from book one to current.
A very nicely set up urban fantasy series (with a dash of romance) with a Kick arse heroine (who mostly manages to scrape through her encounters),good side plots and repercussions that pop up in different stories and her "side kicks" who are often as detailed as Kate is, and who grow with her over the series.

Plot stuff - ummm, magic is back in the world and with it comes all the things from religion, fanta
Shannon
This is my all time favorite series EVER! I cannot get enough of Kate Daniels. She is the perfect heroine. She is a complete bad ass (without being over the top), she makes mistakes and owns them, she doesn't complain, there is nothing wimpy about her, and she is compassionate and loving. I have read so many books trying to find a heroine like Kate Daniels and most other similar characters either completely unrealistic and over the top, or are whiney and weak. Kate Daniels is a perfect meld of e ...more
Antoinette the Book Junkie
Magic Bites - I found it to be a different kind of story that has some interest and me wanting more. Kate is strong and endearing in her own way. This Curran character has her interest and maybe a bit more. There is necromancers, vampires, shapeshifters, a hot guy, and a kickass girl. What more could an urban fantasy want? Oh yeah, there is also a great plot line with a story that will entice you to want more.

Magic Burns - Kate Daniels has seen her share of occupational hazards but becoming a mo
Coyora Dokusho
Read at least (3) times

Well, it was really, really, really fun reading the whole series again. Thanks Ilona Andrews!! And Gordon!!!
Crystal Gale
Even though I mostly gave 4 stars for every book in this series, I am giving it a 4.5 star here because I really enjoyed reading this! I love how action packed it is and how great Ilona ANdrews described each event. It is full of magic, mythology, fighting scenes and a lot of kick ass events that blends well together. I just wished there's a lot more romance in this book coz it made me feel Curran and Kate's love story is just a small speck of dust among all the events happening in the story.

Ove
Noree Cosper
I am really loving this series. I finished the first five books in the course of two weeks, which is pretty fast for me lately. Kate is an excellent strong lead and she is amusing. But she's far from perfect, which makes me root for her even more. Plus, she has a sword, which rocks!

I also love the way magic and tech is set up in the world. It's very refreshing, giving the whole series a post apocalyptic feeling. What really draws me in, is Ilona Andrews mythos. The meshing of our history and myt
Amy
I have really enjoyed the Kate Daniels series. I love the connection between the three worlds, of magic, were and vampire. I also love the "back stories" like Curran: Volume 1. I enjoy getting a range perspective of the stories and characters.
Lauren
Kate Daniels Magic series is amazing,always exciting story lines , and characters you can't help but love. It is one of those series you will want to read again and again! Im excited for the next in the series
Mindy
Better even the second time through! I waiting not so patiently for the next book to come out. Kate and Curran are one of my favorite couples.
Scarlet
Love this series....Kate Daniels is one my favorite characters. Waiting patiently for the next book.
S.J. Clarke
I love this series. I hate waiting for the next book to come out:o)
Crse
Fun books! Light but intense enough to keep me interested.
Melissa
Ilona Andrews is just awesome!!! Love love love the books
Kara
A really fun series. Light but interesting.
Nico
The best series ever!
Vicki
Vicki added it
Dec 16, 2014
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
jennifer
jennifer marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Adelina Esquibel
Adelina Esquibel marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Susan
Susan added it
Dec 09, 2014
  • Mercy Thompson Series Collection (Mercy Thompson, #1-6)
  • Shifters Series Box Set (Shifters, #1-6)
  • The Burning Bush (Santeria Habitat, #2)
  • Two's A Couple, Three's The Law
  • Midnight Blue: Sonja Blue Collection
  • Harvest (The Druid Series, #3)
  • Of Another Dimension
  • Jonas (Darkness #7)
  • Strictly Taboo (Trek Mi Q'an, #4.5)
  • Legion
  • Galactic Treasure (Quads of Galafrax #2)
  • Curran; Magic Strikes Hot Tub Scene (Curran POV, #4)
  • The Dresden Files Collection 7-12
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. author2sm“Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a be ...more
More about Ilona Andrews...
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)