Start by marking “Smoke and Mirrors (Blood and Light Vampire, #2)” as Want to Read:
Smoke and Mirrors (Blood and Light Vampire, #2)

Smoke and Mirrors (Blood and Light Vampire #2)

4.62 of 5 stars 4.62  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  25 reviews
In book two the story takes a much darker turn. The rogue vampires are introduced as they try to destroy everything Rue holds dear. Rue is fighting her way back to reality after being abducted and forced to enter Valon, the ancient city to all vampires. Dark forces close in all around her as new enemies threaten to take everything she has ever known.
Epic battles rage, new
Kindle Edition, 1st edition
Published July 20th 2011 by Vamptasy Publishing (first published July 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Smoke and Mirrors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smoke and Mirrors

Secrets of the Realm by Bev StoutSeptember Again by Hunter S. JonesLost In Time by Bridgitte LesleyGalactic Energies by Luca  RossiThe Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen
Best New Indie Titles
102nd out of 457 books — 611 voters
Angel of Death by Karen DalesVampire Vacation by C.J. EllissonAn Angels Ascent by Christina WorrellThe Hunt by C.J. EllissonChangeling by Karen Dales
Best Vampire Books from "New" Authors
266th out of 810 books — 1,487 voters

More lists with this book...

Kim
I'm in love with these characters! I just can't get enough of them! I want my own personal Josh... I absolutely can't wait to read the next in the series. It is SO WORTH the push through the first few chapters of #1 to read the rest of the series.
Cherie Phillips
After reading the first book in the series "Blood and Light" I was hooked and purchased this straight away loved this book maybe even more than the first. Josh is fantastic and he nearly made me cry at the end of the book. I have to say I can't wait for the next book in the series to find out what happens next.
Natalie
OMG, the second book in this fantastic series has surpassed my expectations. I loved the introduction of the 2-new characters Jonah and Lily, sister and brother who run a travelling carnival. To seduce and feed upon, they lure in very unsuspecting humans.

I'm not going to go to much more into the details as I'm trying really hard to avoid spoilers, and I hate spoilers and if I ruined it for you, you would come back to really mad as there are 2 more books to this series. I must say book two is mo
Jade
Wow! Thank the Lords that there are 4 more books left to this series. Otherwise, my heart would have been crushed at the end of this book. Rue Volley is the Master of imagination and words! The characters are strong and I really connected with Joshua and Rue. I literally felt their emotions come to life within myself. Rue Volley, you did an excellent job! This series gets better and more addicting with each book you read. The Blood and Light series is a must read!
Patricia
ok, so i read blood and light and was like, ok this is a good little vampire series here, and now having finished book 2 in this series, i'm loosing my mind. can not get to oil and water fast enough. i was smiling, laughing, and then crying by the time i finished this book. rue, i am in awe of your storytelling....thank you!!! :)
Lori
What did I think? Well I will tell you dear goodreads. I thought it was awesome. I laughed (really hard). I cried...almost as hard. Then ending...ohhh tore my freakin heart out. The editing was much better in this book and I found very few errors. Rue was still awesome and Josh was still sigh... and Johnathan is still here. :/
Claire
Love this series!!! Like I said before, very well written. The characters have depth and the description of them and the places in the story are so realistic, you feel like you've been to Valon, and that you actually know the characters. Love Josh and Sam!

Already on book three!
Janel
Ok i have to say i love this series its great!!! i laughed and cried and even got mad in this one. what an ending!!!!!! I really wont to read book 3!!! i love these characters a lot!! u just feel like you are right there in the story with them!!1
April Miller
Another great read! I am in love with this series! I am so upset how this ended! Now I have to get right on the next and find out what's going to happen next!! :)
Jenna Pizzi
I am so glad I found this series. I love the characters. I love the story. Rue sweeps me away into the story where I wish I was. Keep on writing Rue!
30flips Phillips
This is still a teenage book and I normally am not a fan but I loved this one!!! - especially the ending. Must read the next.
Sandy Anderson
I love this series . Cant wait to get started on the next book.
Julie
Ebook: Smoke & Mirrors, Book 2 in the Blood & Light Series

Author: Rue Volley

Fiction, Paranormal,

This review may contain spoilers

I was given this for an honest review by the author

Summary: Book two in the Blood & Light Vampire series takes Rue, our teenage vampire, even deeper into the rabbit-hole that has become her life. This book introduces a deeper look into the vampire city of Valon That all vampires derive from. It begins taking a darker turn as you are invited into their world
Jessica Bronder
We start with Rue not knowing anything about herself, except what she has been told by Jonathan. But she has flashes of memory that cause blinding pain. In one moment she overcomes the binding placed on her and escapes back to her friends and brother just to learn that Jonathan was actually Caine in disguise.

When Rue gets home, she learns that Jonathan has been trapped in a memory and goes to rescue him. Through difference circumstances, she finally admits that she has feelings for Joshua. Rue
Jacquie Talento
“Truth was I wanted to run out into the flowers and cause all kinds of chaos. Cause them to change colors so quickly they would end up all colors, swirling at once”.
Book 2 in the Blood and Light story is just as pulling as the first. I personally found one of the chapters had put me thru every emotion possible where I was happy, angry, cried like a baby, and changing my opinions about some of the characters in the story. For me, that tells me that Ms. Volley has written a masterpiece in her own
Annette M Guerriero Nishimoto
Today's review is on Smoke and Mirrors by Rue Volley

Smoke and Mirrors is the second installment in Volley's Blood and Light series and is a fantastic improvement from the first. Whereas book one was like a chore to read, Smoke and Mirrors was a joy.

Not only is it great to see the development of character's through a series of books, it is equally if not more exciting to see a writer improve through each new work of art. Volley has done just that.

Volley was able to keep the story flowing smoothl
Chelle
This book picks up right where the first one left off, with Rue trapped in Valon with who she thinks is her mate. She however doesn't feel anything for him and doesn't understand why. She keeps getting flashes of a memory she can't put together and it causes her great pains.

Making her escape and return to her actual home proves to be almost more than her body can handle. Emotionally drained and trying to hold onto a sense of normalcy she fights for it. Just a normal plain human day.

Rue's life wi
Kami
We pick up at almost exactly where we left off on book 1.
Rue is stuck in Valon with no memory at the mercy of Caine, who looks like Jonathan. Jonathan is stuck in memory, and Josh is in a healing coma of sorts.

Once again these books, and this author amazed me. I simply cannot stop reading them. I just finished with book 4 and I had to make myself stop reading so I could write reviews for the other books.

I did find Rue a little more annoying in this book with her desire for a normal life and bein
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Jul 18, 2015 Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: YA/YA at heart
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Rue Volley
I received an e-ARC copy of this book in return for an honest review.
Wow, I have to say this book just blew me away. This author has a fabulous imagination and a way to reel you in from beginning to end with all the colorful images, magic, and story line. I was fascinated, intrigued and totally addicted to this book. I loved it even more than book 1! It's still got all the same great characters with a spine tingling plot and edge of your seat reading for hours of fun and enjoyment. Even though t
Crissy
This book was a little slower than the first. New secrets were revealed and some of them were as twisted as twisted can be. Josh will continue to entertain you and Rue was just as stubborn as ever. Her powers are continuing to develop but she makes a lot of rash decisions that puts her in danger, leaving the rest of the gang to save her life. Just when Josh and Rue admit their love for one another it gets stripped away. Rue ends up in a place she feared, Josh is in a place he despises and the re ...more
Wanda Hartzenberg

My one gripe with book 2 is that the sexual tension never amounts to much!

Rue at times acts like a nymph -- read it to see why. That said she and Josh simply never move on.
I would have loved for their relationship to progress some.

With loads of twists, turns and yes -- drama the book kept me entertained!
WaAr

Christine Mathisen
This is book two of the series and I could not wait to read it since book one left a cliff hanger. I am absolutely in love with Josh. The characters are all great though. For those who have not left a 5 star review on this series I would ask why. This is in incredible story that is so different and complex. I have loved every book so far that has come out for this series and can't wait for more.
Heather Busby
WTF dude, WTF. Listen I may die if Rue and Josh don't get be a couple soon. This book had me enthralled from the start and I had a hard time putting down to sleep. So many twists and turns, betrayal, lies, love, lust, and confusion. I can't wait to read the third book in this series.
Pamela
awesome read... I am in love with Rue and Josh... lets just say this series is a must read... I so want book 3...lol
Sam Kozbial
How rude was that ending?!! Must start the next book
Everlindsgmail.com
Everlindsgmail.com marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Lineah
Lineah marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
hIpnoticraQs
hIpnoticraQs marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
  • Rule (Roam, #5)
  • Soul Cutter
  • Deep Into the Soul (The Guild Series, #1)
  • Run To You Part II: Second Glance
  • Red's Robin (Vampire Memoirs)
  • The Savage Principle
  • A Matter of Truth (Fate, #3)
  • The Naughty Box
  • Golden Dunes of Renhala (Renhala, #2)
  • Bailing Out into the Dead (The Famished Trilogy 0.5)
  • The Vampire Pendant  (Blood Genies, #1)
  • Starblood
  • Blood Vengeance (Blood Curse, #7)
  • Bella Morte
  • The Mesmerized
  • Inferno (The Kindred, #4)
  • The Wrath of God (The Hungry, #2)
  • Finally...One Summer (Just one of the Guys #2)
Rue Volley resides on Earth with her husband, Von Erik, and their two pug sons, Momo and Oshi. She is an award winning author, graphic artist, and screenwriter. She is also the Creative/Marketing Director for Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing, and co-owner of Lovebites Production Company, which specializes in Dark Fantasy Films.
Rue released her first film, Hellhound, in November of 20
More about Rue Volley...

Blood and Light Vampire (7 books)
  • Blood and Light (Blood and Light Vampire, #1)
  • Oil and Water (Blood and Light Vampire, #3)
  • Clarity and Reason (Blood and Light Vampire, #4)
  • Grace & Beauty (Blood and Light Vampire, #5)
  • Hope & Faith (Blood and Light Vampire, #6)
  • The Blood and Light Vampire Series (Blood and Light #1-6)
Hellhound (Hellhound, #1) Hellhound: Dogs of War (Hellhound, #2) The Bitter End (Golden Crown, #1) Blood and Light (Blood and Light Vampire, #1) The Twin Dragons (Golden Crown, #2)