Start by marking “Wholesome Fear: Transforming Your Anxiety About Impermanence and Death” as Want to Read:
Wholesome Fear: Transforming Your Anxiety About Impermanence and Death

Wholesome Fear: Transforming Your Anxiety About Impermanence and Death

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The subject of death makes a lot of people uneasy. Most of us just don't know much about death -- especially how to handle it and how to prepare for it -- and we may feel anxious and afraid whenever we start to contemplate either the death of a loved one or our own death. But as Lama Zopa Rinpoche, the founder and spiritual director of the Foundation for the Preservation o ...more
Published December 10th 2009 by Wisdom Publications

To ask other readers questions about Wholesome Fear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wholesome Fear

Marsha Altman
Quick read as far as Buddhist books go. Very straightforward, repeats a lot of material because it's important to hammer in the ideas in a lot of different ways. This book is an abbreviated version of other books, which I actually appreciated for my time. Good meditation techniques listed in the back half of the book.
Johnny Galt
There was a time that I thought I was going to die so I wanted to read this book prior to the event. It was enlightening for me to realize that death is something not to fear or put in the back of the mind. Thinking about it on a constant basis is not morbid, but more a connected awareness of the present and what may happen to us in the end. In addition to the discussion of death I also enjoyed the information about how to meditate on death which adds another proactive dimension.
Krittima Thammamitr
i finished this small book in two days but the core idea has lasted much longer still. an effective kick to live meaningfully is the kick from death, of course.
Steve Woods
Steve Woods marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Melanie marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Princerandomsa marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Adrian marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2013
Adrian marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2013
Maria Humphreys
Maria Humphreys marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2013
Annette is currently reading it
Nov 08, 2012
Marisol marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2012
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2011
Jenna marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2011
Donna marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2010
Kay Baird
Kay Baird marked it as to-read
May 19, 2010
Lama Thubten Zöpa Rinpoche (b.1946)

Librarian Note:This is an honorific publishing pseudonym; for the master record, see Thubten Zopa
More about Lama Zopa...
Making Life Meaningful The Joy of Compassion Teachings from the Vajrasattva Retreat: Land of Medicine Buddha, February-April 1999 Wheel of Great Compassion: The Practice of the Prayer Wheel in Tibetan Buddhism Kadampa Teachings