Start by marking “The Seed & the Giant Saguaro” as Want to Read:
The Seed & the Giant Saguaro

The Seed & the Giant Saguaro

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  3 reviews
A packrat inadvertently spreads a cactus's seeds.
Published October 1st 2003 by Cooper Square Pub (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Seed & the Giant Saguaro, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seed & the Giant Saguaro

Jessica
Super cute book that I found for $1 at a used curriculum sale. I would pay more if I had to do it again. Super cute, fun pictures, and in a rhyme/repetitive fashion that it captures the attention of my 5 year old. My 3 and 2 year old will usually sit for other stories but apparently not this one for some reason... I think they are just wiggly this week.

Great for desert dwellers... or those that love it or study it with early elementary kids. Has helpful and fun info on the Saguaro.
Alice
I like the illustrations of this book, I like the repetitive nature of the story, and I liked learning about Saguaro Cactus (thanks for having a pronunciation key in the book Suh-wah-roh) and even though I don't like rodents it is a cute enough rodent to not make me freak out!

I love the added information at the end of the book. This would be a great early elementary non-ficton book as well as just a good fiction book.
Fictionalize non-fiction or aka just plain fiction., I have just created a new
Krystal
A fun story about the desert and how a cactus grows
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Steve
Steve added it
Aug 28, 2013
TLP
TLP marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
Kim
Kim added it
Aug 18, 2010
Cory
Cory is currently reading it
Mar 30, 2009
I Love Dirt!: 52 Activities to Help You and Your Kids Discover the Wonders of Nature Mama Built a Little Nest: with audio recording There Was a Coyote Who Swallowed a Flea The Busy Tree What Will Hatch?