Start by marking “Erotic Fairy Tales: A Romp through the Classics” as Want to Read:
Erotic Fairy Tales: A Romp through the Classics

Erotic Fairy Tales: A Romp through the Classics

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  86 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
A traditional source of sexual titillation for adult readers, fairy tales historically boasted licentious themes before being cleaned up for the consumption of children in modern times. Seasoned erotica author Mitzi Szereto restores the explicit sex in these 15 tales — and adds some provocative surprises of her own. Here the bawdy humor of French fable meets the sublime er ...more
Published March 12th 2001 by Cleis Press

To ask other readers questions about Erotic Fairy Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Erotic Fairy Tales

Rainy Thursdays
Jul 13, 2010 Rainy Thursdays rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As far as erotica novels go, this novel is one of the worst that I have ever read. Not only was it vague in any erotic descriptions the author decided to give use, but the actually erotica content was almost absent. It was like reading a fairy tale written for adults with all the gore and vulgarity instead the sunshine and smiles, although the happy endings were present.

When I want erotica, I want erotica. If I wanted some fairy tales told for adults instead children, I would read the Grimm's Fa
Jenn
Mar 14, 2008 Jenn rated it did not like it
Bridgett
Nov 05, 2009 Bridgett rated it it was amazing
I was surprised by how well written this book was. I was unfamiliar with some of the "original" tales but I enjoyed reading all the stories. I don't really have a favorite. I don't usually read erotic stories, but I didn't find it uncomfortable reading this. I also loved the historical explanation of the original story's origins before each tale.
Michelle
Jun 28, 2012 Michelle rated it did not like it
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
From the few stories in here that I did read, this was poorly done. Though the introduction was somewhat literary (there was some Western presumptions placed on interpretation) and the introductions of each story were intelligent enough, the stories themselves were hasty sketches, more like outlines of a fuller story. Furthermore, instead of being erotic, the language was lost in this strange way of not coming out and just saying cunt or vulva or something, instead we get words like "fuzzy pods" ...more
Gina
Sep 04, 2014 Gina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nope, 2014
Just putting it out there for anyone who picked up this book thinking that it would be filled with steamy fairy tales: you're gonna be disappointed.

The fairy tales are twisted into ridiculous stories involving making frothy semen milkshakes in glass slippers, letting down a rope of pubic hair to the prince who's busily humping his wood against a tree in a fit of bewildering lust, etc. etc.

If you want to laugh at your favourite childhood character's penis/bush jungle/whatever, then this book is
Stacy
May 04, 2013 Stacy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Beyond disappointing. While I am all for picking up a book that requires me to push my imagination, to read between the lines, to see and feel beyond the pages that are in my hand, if and when I pick up smut I expect smut. Reading this made me feel like there was a gaggle of uptight women who were almost afraid to admit that they might like sex, but would never use words that would clinically nor poetically describe it. I can see them blushing in their turtlenecks and overall dresses.
Sarra Lord
Jan 21, 2010 Sarra Lord rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2010
I managed to stomach only about half the stories in this collection before just giving up. I didn't find the author's insistence on making every single character completely naive at all erotic. Even in a fantasy setting I couldn't figure out how an adult male would be surprised by an erection, as though he'd simply never had one before. Maybe it's the company I keep, but all of the guys I know figured that out somewhere around puberty.
Structure
Dec 29, 2012 Structure rated it liked it
Was at a bit of loss as I haven't read most of the tales in their original form. The preface to each take on the story was helpful, but I would have appreciated reference notes to back up her information. The erotic take on the stories aren't terrible, but not as engaging as I expected them to be. This works as a companion piece for someone as interested in fairy tales as I- that's about it.
Katrina
May 21, 2012 Katrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked the fact that this book had a bunch of different fairy tales in it. Thought it was pretty cool that it had the history of each fairy tale at the beginning of each story. Funny that all the stories have something to do with a sexual fantasy, never thought of it that way. Kind of makes you wonder why and how we started using them as stories to tell our children.
Jessica
May 02, 2013 Jessica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't really sure what to expect from this collection of fairy tales aimed at adults. Don't get me wrong, there were sexual themes and language but I found this to be more humorous than erotic. The stories are well written though and I very much enjoyed the history of each tale that the author inserted before beginning each story.
Christine
2.5 stars actually.

I didn't enjoy this quite as much as Mitzi's other books I've read this year. Oddly, I found myself more enamored by the author's note on the research and changes she made that preludes each tale rather than the tales themselves.
Krissy
Mar 08, 2016 Krissy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I actually regret purchasing this book. As far as the erotica goes, it was either absent or really strange. I couldn't even finish this book. Definitely avoid if you are looking for fairy tell retellings for adults!!
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This book was a different take on all the fairy tales Disney had turned into HEA. This is a better interpretation.
Robbie
Jan 05, 2010 Robbie rated it it was ok
Its a collection of stories. Strange (even by my standards) not yet what I was expecting.
Tori
Jun 24, 2008 Tori rated it liked it
Not near as good as the Sleeping Beauty Chronicles if you're looking for erotic spins on stories.
Claire
Oct 07, 2008 Claire rated it it was ok
Rapunzel's tower has a whole new meaning....
Joseph
Jul 19, 2012 Joseph marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Very intriguing...Can't Wait!
Cassie Dowell
Cassie Dowell marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Leah Allan
Leah Allan marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Jennifer English
Jennifer English marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Michelle Mitchell
Michelle Mitchell rated it did not like it
May 10, 2016
Celeste
Celeste rated it it was ok
May 13, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Suanne
Suanne marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Alissa York
Alissa York marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Monique
Monique marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Kandice
Kandice marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Annissa Thomas
Annissa Thomas marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
  • Got a Minute?: Sixty Second Erotica
  • Bitten: Dark Erotic Stories
  • Best Women's Erotica 2009
  • Demon Lover (Fairytale Fantasies #2)
  • Enchanted: Erotic Bedtime Stories For Women
  • Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica
  • Beauty or the Bitch
  • The Mammoth Book of Erotica: New Edition
  • The Forbidden Chamber
  • Black Pearls: A Faerie Strand
  • Once upon a Dyke (New Exploits, #1)
  • Master/Slave
  • Fairy Tale Lust: Erotic Fantasies for Women
  • Bedknobs & Beanstalks: Anthology of Gay Erotic Fairy Tales
  • Best Fetish Erotica
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 5
  • Thornhill's Dilemma
  • Troll's Eye View: A Book of Villainous Tales
Mitzi Szereto (http://mitziszereto.com) is an author and anthology editor of multi-genre fiction and non-fiction, has her own blog “Errant Ramblings: Mitzi Szereto’s Weblog” (http://mitziszereto.com/blog), and is creator/presenter of the Web TV channel “Mitzi TV” (http://mitziszereto.com/tv), which covers “quirky” London.

Her books include ROTTEN PEACHES (THE THELONIOUS T. BEAR CHRONICLES)( http:/
More about Mitzi Szereto...