Start by marking “The Return Of The Prodigal (Romney Marsh #6)” as Want to Read:
The Return Of The Prodigal (Romney Marsh #6)

The Return Of The Prodigal (Romney Marsh #6)

Being left in the care of the lovely Lisette, who tended to his every need, helped him forget the horrors of war. Though she played her part well, Rian's Becket intuition led him to believe there was more to the young woman than met the eye.

Could she possibly be part of a conspiracy
Published October 1st 2007 by HQN (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Return Of The Prodigal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Return Of The Prodigal

Mar 20, 2016 Kathi rated it liked it
This book is part of a series that almost stands alone. The author gives enough of the back story to explain the characters' motivations, but all the names beginning with the letter B confused me, especially when characters answered to more than one name. The story does not end with this book, you have to read on to reach the conclusion. I don't think I will, although I might look for the first book in the group.

I was also dismayed to find several typos in a printed book -- words that are actual
Aug 30, 2015 Jane marked it as most-probably-no  ·  review of another edition
I actually even read the first 20 pages or so, but couldn't get into the story in the slightest.
Assumed dead by his family, Rian Beckett is actually somewhat less than whole (he lost an arm), but definitely alive. He is been kept alive, but drugged by his family's enemy, Edmund Beales. More specifically, he has been receiving personal attention (both figuratively and literally) from Beale's daughter, Lisette. Beales wants her to help Rian escape so that he can then track the two of them back to the Becket stronghold. Can the connection between Lisette and Rian overcome the ties she feels t ...more
Aug 28, 2016 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: 2008-reads, romance
Reads like a second-string romance, the kind authors use to flesh out their real heroes' stories, with protgaonists who seem more like character actors than leads. None of which keeps it from being well-written, or fun. Really serves to whet the appetite for the eventual conclusion to the series. And does anyone else kind of wish Ainsley Becket would get his own book?
Mar 14, 2010 Lynne rated it liked it
Wow, what a disappointment. After the last story with Fanny I was expecting a really great read, and I was really let down. I could never figure out Lisette and I frankly just didn't like her. I hope that the final story with Chance and Cassie winds this series up on a better note than this.
Mar 12, 2013 Marianne rated it it was ok
First time with this author, and didn't like this book very much. Not very well written, in my opinion. The characters were really annoying, especially Lisette! I wanted to smack her.
The dialogue between the two main characters was unappealing.

The only character I really liked was Jason.
It was part of the Romney Marsh series. I didn't find this story too interesting. It seemed to have too many flashbacks as there really wasn't much of a plot. The hero and the heroine were interesting but overall I found myself skipping pages.
Nov 08, 2009 Carol rated it liked it
A good book, I wish I had realized it was part of series. But the authour did a good job of catching the reder up on needed facts without making it tedious.
Oct 25, 2010 Keira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are no words to explain how much I enjoyed this one
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it it was ok
Estefania marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2016
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
P marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Sam Spencer
Sam Spencer marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Carrie Wilson
Carrie Wilson marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Gracia Toent
Gracia Toent rated it it was ok
Aug 21, 2016
Bonny marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Vickie marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Lisa Jo
Lisa Jo marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
Cheryl Collicott
Cheryl Collicott marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Gail added it
Jul 22, 2016
Paula marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Arttemizza marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Angie Fournier
Angie Fournier rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Elizabeth Michel
Elizabeth Michel marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Rita marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Kiki rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2016
Meg rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 12, 2015 10:49AM
  • The Conqueror's Lady  (The Knights of Brittany, #2)
  • The Undoing of a Lady (The Brides of Fortune #3)
  • Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)
  • The Queen's Lady (Graham, #7)
  • The Warrior's Touch
  • His Cavalry Lady
  • Masquerading Mistress
  • No Other Love (Lost Heirs, #3)
  • Viking Warrior, Unwilling Wife
  • The Shocking Lord Standon (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #3)
  • Scandal's Daughter (Series, #1)
  • The Vanishing Viscountess
  • A Lady At Last
  • In the Master's Bed
  • An Unwilling Conquest  (Regencies, #7; Lester Family, #3)
  • The Lawman's Bride
Kasey Michaels is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than 100 books (she doesn't count them). Kasey has received three coveted Starred Reviews from Publishers Weekly, two for the historical romances, THE SECRETS OF THE HEART and THE BUTLER DID IT, and a third for contemporary romance LOVE TO LOVE YOU BABY (that shows diversity, you see). She is a recipient of the RITA, a W ...more
More about Kasey Michaels...

Romney Marsh (8 books)
  • A Gentleman By Any Other Name (Romney Marsh, #1)
  • The Dangerous Debutante (Romney Marsh, #2)
  • Beware Of Virtuous Women (Romney Marsh, #3)
  • A Most Unsuitable Groom (Romney Marsh #4)
  • A Reckless Beauty (Romney Marsh, #5)
  • Becket's Last Stand (Romney Marsh, #7)
  • Romney Marsh Trilogy

“We can talk about our dreams all night, Lisette. We can talk forever, for the rest of our lives, living one adventure after another, I promise. But not now, my darling Lisette. For now, all I can think of is the brilliance of yet another ancient Greek, Sophocles. He said, 'One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life-that word is love.' I love you, Lisette. You bring my life joy I've never known. Please, marry me.” 2 likes