Start by marking “Small Town Christmas (Lucky Harbor, #2.5, Deep in the Heart of Texas #2.5, Last Chance #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Preview

Small Town Christmas (Lucky Harbor #2.5)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  1,121 ratings  ·  124 reviews
Three heartwarming holiday stories
to prove that love is the greatest gift of all

Kissing Santa Claus
NASCAR driver Logan Perrish returns to Lucky Harbor, Washington, with love in his heart and a ring in his pocket. But can Sandy Jansen forget the past and give him a second chance? Or will Logan be spending another Christmas alone?

I'll Be Home for Christmas
After ignorin
Published November 1st 2011 by Forever (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Small Town Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Small Town Christmas

Mistletoe Magic by Melissa McCloneHalfway to Nowhere by Steena HolmesHome For Christmas by Melissa McCloneA Case for Calamity by Mackenzie CrowneA Cowboy For Christmas by Katherine Garbera
Christmas and Winter Novellas
58th out of 233 books — 317 voters
Christmas Wishes by Danica WintersWinter Fairy by Lola KarnsWhile Snowbound by Anna J. McIntyreChristmas Dinner by Robyn NeeleyPastels and Jingle Bells by Christine S. Feldman
Contemporary Christmas/Winter Romance
57th out of 375 books — 357 voters

More lists with this book...

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

I absolutely love reading holiday themed stories, especially during the Christmas holidays because they just seem to make the season that much more magical. These three stories are not deep or thought provoking, nor are they at all very steamy, but they are definitely sweet and very romantic.

Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis
Steffi
Original review: Bookworldtravels

Small town Christmas consists of three short stories by Jill Shalvis, author of the amazing Lucky Harbor series, Hope Ramsay and Katie Lane. I love reading anthologies because very often it gets me to try out new books and authors that I hadn’t considered before.

Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis:

In Kissing Santa Claus Jill Shalvis takes us back to Lucky Harbor and gives us the story of NASCAR driver Logan Parrish, Tara’s ex-husband from The Sweetest Thing. I’m
Bekah
Kissing Santa Clause 3.5*
Jill Shalvis

In this very short story about Sandy Jenson and Logan Perrish, Jill Shalvis takes us back to Lucky Harbor and all of the characters we’ve all come to fall in love with. Logan is a world famous NASCAR star and Sandy is the small town clerk who has gone and fallen in love with him after a very short, very hot fling. After which he up and left and didn’t contact her for six months. But he comes waltzing back into her life at just the right moment. She’s lonely,
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis - 4 stars

This is Logan and Sandy’s story. In book two of the Lucky Harbor series, Tara’s ex-husband, Logan fights for his chance to get his wife back. Tara is in trouble because the man is a charming one - which makes him dangerous because although I was rooting for Ford and Tara to get together, it was hard to push Logan out of the way because he is so nice!

Finally, Logan has his own time to shine with this novella. He finds the girl
Kari
Gave it 3 stars because of the first story. The other 2 were probably about a 2.

Small Town Christmas is a short, sweet anthology with stories to get you in the mood for Christmas. Of the 3 stories, I liked Kissing Santa Claus the best. It was the only one where I felt the couple really felt anything for each other. There was enough back story between the 2 to feel their HEA. The other 2 stories were so-so.

I'll Be Home for Christmas, was just a little unbelievable. Stranger shows up in the town
Karla
Kissing Santa Claus(Lucky Harbor Series)

Nice little addition to the series about Logan and Sandy. I really enjoyed these two in The Sweetest Thing and was excited to see them get a story of their own. Well they did, but unfortunately it was way too short. Sweet, but I wanted more. However, I was happy to be back in Lucky Harbor and we even get a little bit of Jax, yummy! I’m hoping Logan and Sandy will make appearances in the upcoming books.
Dee
Read Jill Shalvis story only. I liked it but it was a more than rushed!
Lynsey
I read this for Jill Shalvis but actually I have discovered a brilliant new-to-me author! Who cares if I have countless unread books on my shelf, on my iphone and on my kindle. Some girls need shoes...I need more books!

Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis was fabulous! 4 stars.
This was a really sweet addition to the Lucky Harbour series and it gave us closure on Tara's ex husband Logan. He proved himself to be not-such-a-bad-guy-after-all in Tara and Ford's book and so I was really happy to see
Lisa
This is a real quick read. Good for taking with you to appointments when you have some time to read. With three shorter stories you can get through each one pretty quick. Very Christmas spirited but not overly so you could choke. lol If you read Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbor series her story Kissing Santa Claus takes place in Lucky Harbor when Logan Perrish gets wise and comes back to get Sandy the town clerk he whirlwind loved and left behind months ago. He's going to have to work hard to get her ...more
Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis - 4 Stars

I absolutely love Jill Shalvis's Lucky Harbor series so it's no surprise that this story was my main reason for wanting to read the Small Town Christmas anthology. We first met Logan in the second book in the series, The Sweetest Thing. He is Tara's ex-husband and came to Lucky Harbor hoping to win her back but was facing fierce competition from her first love Ford. Now I have to admit that while I was routing for Ford to win Tara's affections I did d
Miglet
I thought I read this long ago, but apparently I did not.

I read it tonight though so...

Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis - rated 3.5 - 4 stars
I'll Be Home for Christmas by Hope Ramsey - rated 4 stars
O'Little Town of Bramble by Katie Lane - rated 3.5 stars

Diana
3.5 stars really but bumping it to four stars because of my love for the second story in this anthology, I’ll be home for Christmas by Hope Ramsay. So much love for this heartwarming tale of love and hope in this Christmas season.

ETA: Because I've finally read the three books in the Lucky Harbor series, and I wanted to reread Jill Shalvis' Kissing Santa Claus to see if I see it differently now that I know who Logan and Sandy are. And yup, yup! I like it soo much better now, lol. Especially knowi
Susan (susayq ~)
Nothing like a little Christmas in the early spring ;)

I read this for the Jill Shalvis story and to be completely honest, her story disappointed me. It was the story of Logan and Sandy. There was a HUGE mistake in it - at one point Sandy says she can find anyone to play Santa cause Fors is out of town with his fiancée. Then, Logan is at the B&B talking to Tara. Guess what? Tara is Ford's fiancée.

The story by Hope Ramsay was good. But the Katie Lane story blew me away!! It was funny watching
My sole purpose in requesting this book from Netgalley was to get the short about Logan and Sandy from Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbor series. I didn't feel as attached to Logan and Sandy as I would have liked to, given that there was not very much information about them in the previous two novels in the series. However, the familiar writing of Shalvis was evident in the short forty some pages. I enjoy a holiday themed romance and I especially enjoy a holiday romance where the hero totally melts the ...more
Tam
Nov 17, 2011 Tam rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: holiday
I enjoyed the Shalvis story. Anything new going on in Lucky Harbor and I'm there ... with bells on.

I don't especially remember the other two stories, but I do know that I read them late into the night (which might account for the details being a bit hazy. What I do know is that I found the stories entertaining. So while not entirely memorable, I enjoyed reading them and had a warm fuzzy feeling at the end.

I'm starting to think that I need to save some of these warm happy stories for the Holiday
Honeypie

The rating would probably be higher if I read this during the Christmas season.

But then again, maybe not.

Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis (2/5)

Not enough. Not exciting enough. Not giddy-feeling enough. I didn't enjoy it that much.

I'll Be Home For Christmas by Hope Ramsay (3/5)

So much more potential on the story! The [Christmas] message was nice, though. But the love story, not so much. Or it could have been better if there were more pages.

O Little Town of Bramble by Katie Lane (4/5)

This is my
Sherry
Continuing with the Christmas theme, I read Small Town Christmas, which includes stories from Jill Shalvis, Hope Ramsay, and Katie Lane.

Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis was adorable, a great holiday read. You could feel the connection between Sandy and Logan from the get go. I liked that Logan knew he’d screwed up and that it was on him to fix things. Sandy was so stubborn, but not in annoying way. In a way that was believable under the circumstances: a lonely woman during the holidays with a
Jane
This is Logan and Sandy's story. Though a little unbelievable, since before their separation 5 month before this story took place, they had only been together for a week. Though it was a passionate 5 weeks where they seemed to share more than just steamy sex. If you can get past the impossibility of this romance, it is a REALLY sweet story~
I definitely enjoy novellas for the straight forwardness of it. Happy ending is never more than a few chapters away. Yay!
A really nice christmas read.
Christa
This book consists of three very short Christmas stories. The stories in this book would be a good choice when you are looking for something really quick to read. The one by Jill Shalvis was my favorite. I enjoyed reading about the characters in each story. They were all likeable and I wanted things to work out well for the. I enjoyed the storylines and am glad that I had the opportunity to read this ARC through Netgalley.

Booklover, Indianapolis
(Jul) 2.5* I know, I know - who reads Christmas books in July? But I must have downloaded this on my Kindle awhile ago and it looked like a quick, easy read. I was hoping for some charm and humor; instead all I got was 3 really boring, incredibly short mini stories.

I've enjoyed JS's Lucky Harbor books - some more than others. Tara's (book 2)ex is back in town. I liked him in Tara's book, and am glad he got a HEA. However, it turns out he had a one week fling w/Sandy, left for 6 months, during w
Danielle (Love at First Page)
Rating for Jill Shalvis' story only.

description

Enjoyed this more than I thought I would since I did not like Logan in The Sweetest Thing. He's endearing and quite sexy here. Loved the humor in this one, too!
Kelly22
Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis

3.50 Stars - Contemporary Romance Novella.

Anything written by Jill Shalvis is bound to be good. This tiny novella was another tangible proof of this theory. Loved it.
Melissa
The only one worth reading (IMO) was the one by Jill Shalvis. The other two took me forever to get through and were boring to a boot!!

Judy
Feb 06, 2013 Judy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
I loved the novella by Jill Shalvis, which adds to the Lucky Harbor stories; I wasn't as taken by the other two, although they were sweet.
Samantha
I liked them all except the 2nd story. Too hokey and I didn't like all the religious undertones.
Wendy
"Kissing Santa Claus" by Jill Shalvis
Robin
Jul 24, 2014 Robin rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking for a short romantic holiday read
Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis (Logan/Sandy) 0 stars
I'll Be Home for Christmas by Hope Ramsay (Matt/Annie) 4 stars
Little Town of Bramble by Katie Lane (Ethan/Samantha) 3 stars
Overall Rating - 3 stars. I think most romance fans can find at least one story in this book that will make them happy.

This book contains three short stories, which I'll break down and rate individually.

Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis (Logan/Sandy) 0 stars
Despite the fact that it's a pretty short read, I had to for
Gaby
Posted at Oh My Books!

I've been reading holidays anthologies this month, and I'm glad I read Small Town Christmas. It features three very short stories, very sweet and romantic.

Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis is part of the Lucky Harbor series and it's about NASCAR driver Logan Perrish, who returns to Lucky Harbor with a ring in his pocket for Sandy, the woman he couldn't forget. He's used for women to throw themselves at his feet, but Sandy isn't exactly happy with him. Maybe because it has
Julie
I bought this book for the Jill Shalvis story, which, while good, made me feel like I was missing something. I've only read the first Lucky Harbor book, so maybe that's why. But it seemed like I was supposed to know Sandy and Logan's backstory already. Still, I enjoyed the story. Nothing incredible, but it was cute.

Hope Ramsay's story was melancholy but also full of small-town clichés. There's even an old lady matchmaker who apparently gets her matchmaking skills from God. (I couldn't shake the
Cocktails and Books
I'm not generally one for anthology stories. They're too short for me (I need substance!!), but I got this one because I had to know what happened with Logan after Tara and Ford got back together in Jill Shalvis' Kissing Santa Claus.

For the Jill Shalvis story, this was Jill Shalvis crammed into a tiny box. I love Jill Shalvis, but I need Jill to have lots of space and pages to let the story flow.

Logan and Sandy had some "stuff" to work out before they could get their HEA, but I guess with a Chri
  • Holiday Hideout
  • Romancing the Holiday (Kent Brothers, #3; Holloway, #3)
  • Naughty & Nice: Three Holiday Treats
  • Mistletoe & Margaritas
  • Sweet Magik (Klaus Brothers, #2)
  • It's Not Christmas Without You (Holloway, #1)
  • A Dixie Christmas
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • To All A Good Night
  • Last Chance Christmas (Last Chance, #4)
  • The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories
  • Fated (Serendipity, #1.5)
  • Christmas on Main Street
  • A Cowboy for Christmas (Jubilee, Texas, #3)
  • Only Us (Fool's Gold, #6.1)

Look for Jill's latest, ONE IN A MILLION, on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website fo
More about Jill Shalvis...

Lucky Harbor (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1)
  • The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2)
  • Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3)
  • Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4)
  • At Last (Lucky Harbor, #5)
  • Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)
  • It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7)
  • Always On My Mind (Lucky Harbor, #8)
  • Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor #9)
  • It's in His Kiss (Lucky Harbor, #10)
Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4) Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)