Material Girl 2: Labels and Love

Material Girl 2: Labels and Love (Material Girl #2)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  293 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Dylan Monroe, our favorite shopaholic, is back! She's three months pregnant and madly in love with the father of her child, sexy heavyweight champion, Angel. The only problem is the long-legged Victoria's Secret model standing in the way of getting him back. If that weren't enough stress, her Jack Daniel's-loving mother, Candy, returns to stir up even more trouble.Unsure o...more
Published January 1st 2011 by Urban Books

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*
Spoiler Free Review
4 out of 5STARS
Genre Urban Lit/Romance

Dylan is now three months preggers, working a 9to5 and showing she has some good business sense in book 2 of Material Girl.

I love how Keisha Ervin gave us more Billie and Tee Tee in this book. We get to delve into their lives a little to see what drama they have goin on. In book 2 Dylan has to tell Angel she is pregnant the problem is the new lady in his life ain't having any of it. She wants Angel all to herself and will do just about any...more
Barbara Morgan
I read Material Girl 2 by Keisha Ervin.
This book was good.
The story line was good
I would recommend this book
Yes I read For Fun
I loved it!!!
Dylan and Angel!!!
Loved how Dylan matured in this sequel.
Yes she had her "blonde" moments but overall she showed just how strong she could be. I loved the development of her character.
She was more conscientous and she was determined to get through anything life threw at her.
Also appreciated the fact that her relationship with Angel wasnt automatically fixed even when he broke off his engagement with his girlfriend. She had to let him go because even though he had feelings for her, h...more
Tazzyt2bossye
4****
‘TIME FOR YOU TO RAISE UP…GET UP, STAND UP, RAISE UP…’

Dylan Monroe is pregnant, working, and still single… although she longs to be in the arms of her baby daddy and the love of her life. Angel Carter has moved on with Vickie’s Secrets model, Milania Fairchild and no matter how his hearts aches for Dylan…no matter how good a sexual distraction Milania proves to be… his mind won’t allow him to forgive Dylan’s past transgression and follow his heart that will lead him back into her arms. Bill...more
Ilene
I loved this book, it was very entertaining however I wasn't impressed with the ending. I'm not sure why there's a part three because it seems like things are wrapped up with this series but I will be reading part three.
Beautifulma
I decided to read this book out of sheer curiosity about what happened with characters. After the fake a** Sex and the City con job of Material Girl 1, I was already leery about the storyline so again I borrowed the book from my library. The back and forth with Angel and Dylan all the way to the end got really annoying. I read on a another review that there is to be a part 3 which makes the abrupt ending of this story all the more wack! I can still tell the author is heavily influenced by what s...more
Kim
Nothing I expected to happen in this book did. I was literally on the edge of my seat trying to read quickly to see what was going to become of Dylan's life. Her quadrangle with State, Angel, & Cruz was crazy. I was hoping to read about State more. Yes he was surely a jerk off, but I can't help but to love to hate him. Angel I definitely wanted to hit in the head a few times. I seriously couldn't figure out what was going through his head most of the time. He really royally screwed things up...more
Ney Ney
I Loved Loved Loved this book! I loved the first one so I just knew the second part was gona be off the chain! This book will have you laughing. Especially with Dylan and her crazy ass Mama, and Tee Tee! There are one liners in this book and situations that happen when you just be like "Dayum"! This book could most definitely be a movie! Read and and I know you will fall in love with this book and be ready to read more of Keisha Ervin's books!
Jewel
This was a good sequel to the first. I loved the first book although it wasn't what I was expecting from Ms. Irvin. This book was good but could've been great but the ending sucked! I wanted more Dylan and Angel since that's what made me fall in love with the first one. Billie and TeeTee are great supporting characters and I would love to get deeper into those character... maybe like a branch out novel or something.
Tasha
OMGosh i waited for this sequel, and was very happy how the story started right where it left off. i really didnt like malina at all and im glad Angel saw who she really was and hopefully him and dylan can work things out. i thought this book was also very funny dylan would always mess up and say the wrong things....LOL loved the book can't wait to see what happens next.
Rhonda
I can't recall when I read a book in less than 24 hours. The book really had me longing for that "True Love Story" of my own. Keisha Ervin has done it again. I will credit her for the one author that has put LOVE back in the Black, African American, Urban communities. I so ready for whatever and whenever she publishes another book.
Shanaya
im so proud of dylan and little disappointed in her at the same time i wish she would've realized who she was meant to be with before the wedding and not have broken Javier heart in the process but i am happy that her angel are together finally but here's the big Question why is there a part three?
Sheryl Boyce
I loved this book!!! I hope she writes a 3rd book. I enjoyed the characters and the whole story of both books. The 2nd book picked right up where the 1st one left off. I don't know who edited the book but there were grammer and spelling errors in this book. Keisha is a good writer.
Rachel
This book was ok. I was nit really feeling Dylan and Angel. Story dragged for me. Tee-Tee was funny as usual. Knox had me laughing as well as the twins, Candy and Gunz Uncle Clyde. I have not read book one but don't know if I will after reading this one.
Cuteeyez
I love the way part2 picked up from the first book. Material Girl 2 was a page turner. I loved the way Dylan and Candy matured in the story. Everyone was dealing with their own issues in the story, but I loved the way Keisha solved their issues.
Angelia
Rollercoaster ride til the very end....A LOT of label dropping and I do mean A LOT.....thus the name Material Girl.......but Dylan wasn't the only material girl in this book.....still a very good read.......
Teaguem2005
3.5 stars actually. Nice wrap up of the tale of Dylan Monroe and her trusty side kicks Tee-Tee and Billie. Author took it to the very end in allowing Dylan to poop or get off the pot with Angel.
A. Jones
I was so happy Ms. Ervin decided to continue Dylan's story. This book had everything you look for in a good romance novel: love, sex, a little drama, and plenty of laughter!
Monique Jackson-Sanchez
Wow!! I loved this one as much as the first one. I was a nervous wreck throughout this whole book. The love between Angel and Dylan was amazing!
Christiana
This was a great love story...Keisha Ervin always brings her a game... I loved the sparks with Dylan and Angel...a must read for sure ...
K Nikki  Waden
I really enjoyed the 1st book this one fell a little short for me it had its funny parts but alot of it was predictable
Nicole
Omg finished this book in one sitting. I loved this book and was so glad that Angel and Dylan got together in the end.
Bella
This was way better than the first. The ending dragged and could've been shorter
Charmain
My girl Keisha never dissapoints me. Im glad Dylan finally found herself.
Burgundy
This book for me was better than part one. I truly enjoyed it.
Lashaun Steele-hinton
A perfect ending to the perfect story. Loved this one as well.
Tracey Sims
I really couldnt get into this book. It was to long.
Sherry
all I'm going to say,can't wait to part 3 comes out
Yvonne
I read this in one day.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Buried Secrets
  • What We Won't Do For Love
  • The Seduction of Dylan Acosta
  • Black Friday
  • New York's Finest (1st of the Trilogy)
  • Animus (Alfonzo, #10)
  • Big Juicy Lips
  • Superstar
  • Stripping Asjiah
  • Two Tears in a Bucket (The Kennards, #1)
  • Bankroll Squad
  • Still Hood: A HoodRat Novel
  • California Connection
  • True to the Game III (True to the Game #3)
  • Allure of the Game: A Novel
  • Mistress No More
  • Flint: Back To The Hood
Hailing from St. Louis, Missouri, Keisha Ervin is a prolific writer and devoted mother. Her success has drawn much deserved attention to herself and her hometown.
She is the author of the National Best-Sellers Chyna Black, Me & My Boyfriend, Mina's Joint and Hold U Down, as well as the novel Torn and the short story After the Storm, featured in the Street Love anthology.
More about Keisha Ervin...
Torn (Triple Crown Publications Presents) Chyna Black (Triple Crown Publications Presents) Mina's Joint Hold U Down Material Girl