One Buck Horror: Volume Two

One Buck Horror: Volume Two

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  9 reviews
From the editors of One Buck Horror Volume One comes the next installment in this acclaimed horror anthology series. This new volume features five pulse-pounding tales, sure to please hardcore and casual horror fans alike.

In "What Swims These Waters" by Daniel Ausema, two people are adrift in a small boat in a storm, and something in the water is biting.

A new way to get hi...more
Published (first published July 22nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about One Buck Horror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Buck Horror

Jonathan Cullen
Volume 2 of One Buck Horror delivers again. If you’re down on your luck and only have a buck to spend consider selecting this over food.

I had a few stand-outs. Sean Logan’s “Holes” is definitely creepy and the pusher is a memorable character. David Bischoff’s “Beastie” walks slightly in the shadow of Stephen King’s Pet Cemetary, but the direction ends up being different and interesting. It ended too soon and I wanted more. Despite its disturbing scenes, Michael Penkas’ “The Afterlife of Ellen Ea...more
Pam
What Swims These Waters

I’m not sure what to think of this one. Don’t take that to mean it’s bad. For me, it gave a surreal look into the slow death of two people by something mysterious—first from the ocean and then on land. The PoV fit the piece and the wording lured me into a dream-like state. Good job. 

Holes

Bizarre. No way to describe it. A little bit of salvation and a smidge of redemption mark this one. While it didn’t make my skin completely crawl, it had me tingling at the thought of wha...more
Marvin
Volume two of One Buck Horror offers the same good quality of horror fiction that resided in the first volume. There's a whole new set of authors to discover. Again, these are good stories but nothing that will set the avid horror reader on his ears. I especially liked "What Swims These Waters" by Daniel Ausema and Ellen Esterling's "The Afterlife of Ellen Easterling".
Julie Jansen
I enjoyed One Buck Horror: Volume Two just as much as Volume One. Where Volume One seemed to have a children's theme running through the stories, Volume Two is all about monsters. There are slithery, squirmy masses of creatures yet unknown, as well as a couple of the human monster variety. All stories are well-written, quick reads great for break time at work or if you have several minutes to wait. I like that about One Buck Horror. The stories are short enough that I don't feel overwhelmed read...more
Jaime Horio
Once again, all of the stories were creepy, leaving me wanting more (in a good way!), and once again I loved them all.

“What Swims These Waters” is one of those mysterious horror tales. You never really know what is going on or what is causing it. But this wraps you in, so you have to find out what’s happening.

Similarly, “Holes” left me wondering. We got a little sneak peak of the horrors out there, but as in life, we don’t get to know everthing.

“Beastie” was a great tale. Ever wonder what your c...more
A.J. Armitt
I ordered volume two at the same time as volume one, mainly based on the reviews it had received; I wasn't disappointed!
five solid stories, with a far greater diversity than the first volume, each one leaving me with the sensation that not all is right with the world.
I enjoyed all five stories but hey, you always have a favourite (or in this case two), '3 Monkeys' and 'The Afterlife of Ellen Easterling' are worth the 86p price tag alone.

A triumph in modern horror.

Ricardo Moedano
This opinion stands for Volume 5 and "One Buck Zombies" as well; still, no doubt it may apply to the complete franchise: we should be paid, at least, a hundred quid for every story read, since they are, all of them, a horrendous botch, each volume a bucket of crap.
Blu
I enjoyed the collection of short stories featured in this volume more than I did the first volume. Creepy and entertaining quick read.
Sara
Every story was beautifully written, compelling, and, not to mention, horrifying.
Steven Wooten Jr
Ks
Ks added it
Feb 23, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Glynn James
Glynn James marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Keri
Keri marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2013
Kimbeer
Kimbeer marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2013
Byhorror horror
Byhorror horror marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2013
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2012
Mallory Heart Reviews
Mallory Heart Reviews marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2012
Christopher Hawkins was encouraged one too many times at an early age, and has been writing ever since. As a child, he devoured the work of Ray Bradbury, H. P. Lovecraft and Stephen King, which made it inevitable that he would find his calling writing horror. In his work he is always searching for the unusual that lies just beneath the ordinary, crafting tales made to shock and horrify.

Christopher...more
More about Christopher Hawkins...
One Buck Horror: Volume One One Buck Horror: Volume Four One Buck Horror: Volume Three One Buck Zombies One Buck Horror: Volume Five