Start by marking “One Buck Horror: Volume Two” as Want to Read:
One Buck Horror: Volume Two

One Buck Horror: Volume Two

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  49 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
From the editors of One Buck Horror Volume One comes the next installment in this acclaimed horror anthology series. This new volume features five pulse-pounding tales, sure to please hardcore and casual horror fans alike.

In "What Swims These Waters" by Daniel Ausema, two people are adrift in a small boat in a storm, and something in the water is biting.

A new way to get hi
Published (first published July 22nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about One Buck Horror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Buck Horror

Kane
Aug 16, 2011 Kane rated it it was amazing
Volume 2 of One Buck Horror delivers again. If you’re down on your luck and only have a buck to spend consider selecting this over food.

I had a few stand-outs. Sean Logan’s “Holes” is definitely creepy and the pusher is a memorable character. David Bischoff’s “Beastie” walks slightly in the shadow of Stephen King’s Pet Cemetary, but the direction ends up being different and interesting. It ended too soon and I wanted more. Despite its disturbing scenes, Michael Penkas’ “The Afterlife of Ellen Ea
Pam
Aug 04, 2011 Pam rated it it was amazing
What Swims These Waters

I’m not sure what to think of this one. Don’t take that to mean it’s bad. For me, it gave a surreal look into the slow death of two people by something mysterious—first from the ocean and then on land. The PoV fit the piece and the wording lured me into a dream-like state. Good job.

Holes

Bizarre. No way to describe it. A little bit of salvation and a smidge of redemption mark this one. While it didn’t make my skin completely crawl, it had me tingling at the thought of what
Lisa Cleveland
Dec 01, 2015 Lisa Cleveland rated it it was amazing
I bought this volume because there was one author's story that I wanted to read. I stuck around and read the rest of these tales because they were darn good, and I was impressed with the editing. So now I've bought 3 more volumes! I didn't expect much from One Buck Horror, but I think I'll be sticking around for awhile. Highly recommended.
Marvin
Nov 17, 2011 Marvin rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
Volume two of One Buck Horror offers the same good quality of horror fiction that resided in the first volume. There's a whole new set of authors to discover. Again, these are good stories but nothing that will set the avid horror reader on his ears. I especially liked "What Swims These Waters" by Daniel Ausema and Ellen Esterling's "The Afterlife of Ellen Easterling".
Julie Jansen
Jul 27, 2011 Julie Jansen rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed One Buck Horror: Volume Two just as much as Volume One. Where Volume One seemed to have a children's theme running through the stories, Volume Two is all about monsters. There are slithery, squirmy masses of creatures yet unknown, as well as a couple of the human monster variety. All stories are well-written, quick reads great for break time at work or if you have several minutes to wait. I like that about One Buck Horror. The stories are short enough that I don't feel overwhelmed read ...more
Jaime Horio
Aug 01, 2011 Jaime Horio rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, short-stories
Once again, all of the stories were creepy, leaving me wanting more (in a good way!), and once again I loved them all.

“What Swims These Waters” is one of those mysterious horror tales. You never really know what is going on or what is causing it. But this wraps you in, so you have to find out what’s happening.

Similarly, “Holes” left me wondering. We got a little sneak peak of the horrors out there, but as in life, we don’t get to know everthing.

“Beastie” was a great tale. Ever wonder what your c
A.J. Armitt
Sep 04, 2011 A.J. Armitt rated it it was amazing
I ordered volume two at the same time as volume one, mainly based on the reviews it had received; I wasn't disappointed!
five solid stories, with a far greater diversity than the first volume, each one leaving me with the sensation that not all is right with the world.
I enjoyed all five stories but hey, you always have a favourite (or in this case two), '3 Monkeys' and 'The Afterlife of Ellen Easterling' are worth the 86p price tag alone.

A triumph in modern horror.

Ricardo Moedano
Feb 10, 2013 Ricardo Moedano rated it did not like it
Shelves: rubbish
This opinion stands for Volume 5 and "One Buck Zombies" as well; still, no doubt it may apply to the complete franchise: we should be paid, at least, a hundred quid for every story read, since they are, all of them, a horrendous botch, each volume a bucket of crap.
Not Now...Mommy's Reading
I enjoyed the collection of short stories featured in this volume more than I did the first volume. Creepy and entertaining quick read.
Sara
Aug 23, 2012 Sara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-owned
Every story was beautifully written, compelling, and, not to mention, horrifying.
Barbara Thomas
Barbara Thomas rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Paul Brake
Paul Brake rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
j rees
j rees rated it did not like it
Dec 16, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2015
John
John marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Emma O'Connor
Emma O'Connor rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2015
Frank
Frank marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Aaron Edgell
Aaron Edgell rated it it was ok
Jun 16, 2015
Shane O'neal
Shane O'neal rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2015
Kevin Thiessen
Kevin Thiessen marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
jennifer
jennifer rated it did not like it
Mar 25, 2015
Paul Chambers
Paul Chambers rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Gracie
Gracie rated it did not like it
Nov 06, 2015
Bony Boneyard
Bony Boneyard marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Patrick Rahall
Patrick Rahall rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2014
Christopher Jones
Christopher Jones rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
Sep 23, 2014
Hhkk Jui
Hhkk Jui marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Steven Wooten Jr
Steven Wooten Jr marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Christopher Hawkins was encouraged one too many times at an early age, and has been writing ever since. As a child, he devoured the work of Ray Bradbury, H. P. Lovecraft and Stephen King, which made it inevitable that he would find his calling writing horror. In his work he is always searching for the unusual that lies just beneath the ordinary, crafting tales made to shock and horrify.

Christopher
More about Christopher Hawkins...