Start by marking “Captiva (Cercul Secret #2)” as Want to Read:
Captiva (Cercul Secret #2)

Captiva (The Secret Circle #2)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  6,930 ratings  ·  175 reviews
LUPTA DINTRE BINE ŞI RĂU CONTINUĂ...

Ademenită în cel mai popular grup cu putinţă, Cassie e fascinată de puterea – pe cât de atrăgătoare, pe atât de periculoasă – pe care tocmai şi-a descoperit-o.

Când este pusă în situaţia de a alege să folosească forţa misterioasă a sabatului fie în slujba binelui, fie a răului, Cassie îi cere ajutorul unuia dintre prietenii lor, Adam, şi
Published by Corint Junior (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Captiva, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captiva

Nikoleta
Το δεύτερο μέρος είναι και αυτό απλοϊκότατα γραμμένο, γρήγορο, μπαίνει κατευθείαν στο ψητό κ.λ.π. όπως κ το πρώτο. Το όλο βιβλίο σώζει όμως το αρκετά καλό τέλος του, που άξαφνα ξεσηκώνει τον αναγνώστη κ τον κάνει να θέλει να διαβάσει κ το επόμενο, εκεί που θεωρούσε ότι θα τα παρατήσει!!! Δεν ξέρω για τους άλλους βασικά πάντως εμένα αυτό μου συνέβη! :D
Debbie
This is book 2 in The Secret Circle series. See my review of book 1 here. This book was just as good as the first in the series. The tension is building as Cassie is black mailed into helping Faye wrestle power away from Diana. Cassie finds herself hurting those she cares most about and also suffers a great loss in her family. Cassie’s grandmother also reveals important information that none of the Circle knew about previously in hopes it will help them battle the dark force that was released.

Fa
C.C.
When I review a book, I usually look at two things, first is if the story is good and second is if the characters are likeable.

1. The story

I liked the story very much, the suspense was exciting and as they're coming to reach a conclusion I feel that I wanna find it out with them. Sometimes I can't put the book down because I wanna know what's next. Cassie's inside conflict was kind of ridiculous for me but the issue about the evil spirit was kind of cool.

2. The characters

I tried really reall
♥Xeni♥
Woot, just reread this! My main point? I wish that they had taken the last scene (actually, all of it) and at least stuck that one into the tv show. Eerie red lights and weird shadow figures killing grandma's? Freaky as shit! Instead, we get parents murdering their parents. Yeah, that might be more 'realistic' in a witch drama show. Maybe. Actually, a demon/devil/spirit dude killing for revenge is a lot more likely of a scenario.

Completely easy to read by now, but it's still a good book. This on
Jordon
Review at Miss Book Reviews.

*WARNING: This section contains spoilers for the first book!*

Now that Cassie is officially in 'The Club' and now known as one of the 'in' group at school she finds life so much better, she feels welcome and wanted, not like a diseaseeveryoneis trying to avoid. Unfortunately for her she isdealingwith her desires for Adam, Diana's boyfriend, whom she fell in love with on the beach last summer (One meeting is all it took...). She loves Diana and she would never want t
Cindy
Cassie is being blackmailed by Faye. But doing what Faye asks will be the ultimate form of betrayal. Will Cassie go through with it?
If she doesn't, she runs the risk of destroying her relationship with Diana, and perhaps the entire Circle. But if she does, something evil might be unleashed on New Salem. An old and very powerful evil.

In my review of The Initiation, I mentioned I'm biased on this trilogy. Biased as fuck. Wish I wasn't, but I am.

For one thing, I was obsessed with the TV show. I als
Monica
Captiva este volumul doi, continuarea voulumului Ritualul ambele facand parte din trilogia Cercul secret. La fel ca si la Ritualul, cartea am cumparat-o de la revista BRAVO! Dupa parerea mea, atuul lui L.J.Smith este descrierea personajelor pe care le face aproape perfecte, in orice caz superbe e un cuvant banal.
Din nou, coperta nu m-a atras prea mult;insa stiam de talentul autoarei si totusi am cumparat-o.

Actiunea continua de unde a ramas, cu vorbele necrutatoarei Faye spunand ca protagonista e
Connie
Source: I own this book.
Cost: The bind up of the first three books in this series were given to me as a gift.

Title: The Captive
Series: The Secret Circle #2
Author: LJ Smith
Overall rating: 3.9 stars

I liked this one a lot more than I liked the last one, the last one, I don't know...It wasn't as thrilling as I wanted it to be. But this one really had me hooked. I loved Cassie in this book as she really came into her own character, she was strong (for the most part) and I genuinely like he
FangirlB
The story is getting a lot better and more interesting and I couldn`t put it down.
Tiffany Jane
Again, another work of genius by the amazing L.J. Smith.

I have to say that the first time I read this book was only over a year ago but even then I fell in love with it and, no matter how hard I tried to get it out of my head, I just had had had to reread it and refresh the brilliance of it in my mind.

In my review of The Initiation, I did say that as a teenager myself I was able to identify with Cassie in her insecurity and naivety and, even in this book I am still able to identify with her fo
Juliet-Camille
description

YA from the 80's and 90's makes me so giddy with delight. It's so tame, and refreshing, and I dare say comforting, more so than the YA being released today. Its almost a completely different genre.

This latest installment of The Secret Circle shows how deeply Cassie and the rest of the circle are involving themselves in both light and dark magic.

(view spoiler)
Sophie
The second book... I enjoyed it a lot but the reason why I gave it 4 out of 5 stars is probably obvious... The blackmail really bothered me! I can't tell how much I hated Faye on the book. Since the ending of the first book, when I saw the name of the second book I was like "Are you serious that this book is all going to be about this blackmail thing? Damn."

But it turned out having some really nice moments though.
On this book we can see some characters development and it is something that I r
Sibel Velisa
Al doilea volum Captiva din seria Cercul Secret este la fel de bun ca primul.
Tensiunea neagra construita de Cassie este in ajutorul lui Faye aceasta avand puterea sa o distanteze de Diana.Cassie descopera ca ea ii raneste pe ceilalti si ca isi pierde familia.Bunica lui Cassie dezvaluie informatii importante sperand ca va ajuta Cercul sa lupte cu fortele intunecate.
Faye este o vrajitoare infricosatoare si cred ca va intrebati cat de sanatoasa mintal este ea?Cassie se trezeste prinsa intre o piatr
Fani
This book was even better than the first one! We get to know more things about the people who form the circle something i really needed because i couldn't distinguish them in the first book. Twelve characters were a lot for me to handle and i'm really impressed with the author because not only she manages to involve them all in the action but she also made each of them unique.

I'm glad Cassie got more stronger in this book both in spirit and in magic, seeing the main character being weak all the
Sheryl
Read this whole series back when i was 13-14 and i was BLOWN away by it.... so much so i DESPERATELY wanted to be a witch... hmmm... maybe i just wanted Adam.... :)
Deelasha Rayamajhi
better than the first one. cassie caught in faye's web. her feelings towards adam. 2 dances homecoming and Halloween. faye using the skull for her own good. cassie's deciding vote makes Faye the coven leader. faye's eagerness causes black john's spirit to kill her grandmom. then b4 she dies she tells about the master plan of black john of mixing the couples and how their parents got married. then how all of them got pregnant which resulted all of them being born within a month. then their parent ...more
Erica N
I couldnt put it down finished it in just a few hours.cant wait to read the third one tomorrow.
Stef
J'abandonne cette saga, Mon Dieu que c'est nul ...
Monica
Don't remember much from this one.
The Secret Circle series picks up a bit in its second book, The Captive. The plot thickens, some surprising back story is revealed and Cassie is slightly less irritating. But just slightly.

Halloween has come to New Salem and that means the Club is both going to the high school dance and hanging around in the cemetery. Black John's crystal skull is still wreaking havoc, as is Faye. While Faye is supposed to be the mean girl, and basically Cassie's arch nemesis, I like her. She sees that Cassie is
Eleionomae
Okey, I must agree on what people around me say about the second book in the secret circle series, it does gets better. But, there is a big but (and no I don't quite get the idea that the characters in the books have big butts with all their little perfect slim bodies) and that is that I find the books to childish. WTF is the whole; I'm gonna tell it to Diana and other blabla shizzle, about?

Yeah I know ya'll like sixteen or seventeen, but grow op and get a life! Adam belongs to Cassie, end of d
Madhumal Gunetileke
First of all - I've seen the 'The Secret Circle' TV series before I started reading the books. While the TV series was not too shabby, the series of books definitely ramp everything up a few notches. I'm surprised that the plot in the series doesn't follow the books more closely, cos it damn should! :)

Being the second book in the series, everything definitely ramps up in here, compared with the first book. While the series overall deals with the 'nothing-new' storyline of witches and magic, the
Alexia
Τώρα πια η Κάσι ανήκει στον Μυστικό Κύκλο. Η γνώμη της μετράει και τα υπόλοιπα μέλη την αντιμετωπίζουν ως ίση. Από την άλλη όμως θα μπλεχτεί σε μια διαμάχη που δεν είναι δική της ως θύμα των εκβιασμών ενός άλλου μέλους. Η Κάσι κατά την γνώμη μου είναι ακόμη πολύ αθώα και άπειρη δίπλα στα άλλα μέλη και αυτό την θέτει άμεσα σε μειονεκτική θέση. Όταν θα έρθει όμως αντιμέτωπη με την αλήθεια, όταν θα αντικρίσει το σκοτεινό πρόσωπο του Κακού, όταν θα νιώσει την έκταση της δύναμής της να ρέει μέσα της ...more
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Η L. J. Smith είναι μια από τις πιο πολυσυζητημένες συγγραφείς στον κόσμο. Οι λόγοι, πολλοί και διάφοροι, ανάμεσα στους οποίους μπορούμε να ξεχωρίσουμε ορισμένους. Ο πρώτος εξ αυτών, έχει να κάνει με το γεγονός ότι ο εκδοτικός της οίκος, μετά από μακροχρόνια συνεργασία, την πέταξε έξω από τα projects που η ίδια δημιούργησε. Ο δεύτερος, με το ότι οι δύο πιο δημοφιλείς σειρές της, μεταφέρθηκαν στη μικρή οθόνη, η μία με μεγάλη επιτυχία και η δεύτερη, έχοντας μικρότερη τύχη. Ο τρίτος και τελευταίος ...more
Mariana
Brina
Cassie scheint endgültig in New Salem angekommen zu sein. Nachdem sie sich wochenlang an dem eher ruhigen Ort unwohl fühlte, hat sie im Hexenzirkel ihre neue Heimat gefunden. Mit Diana verbindet sie eine tiefe Freundschaft, die allerdings die ersten Risse bekommt, denn ausgerechnet Adam ist der Mann ihrer Träume, doch dieser ist bereits seit Jahren mit Diana zusammen.
Dennoch kommen sich Adam und Cassie näher, was nicht unentdeckt bleibt, denn ausgerechnet Faye's Spione entdecken die Beiden und t
Duca Blueheart
Romanian review:

Inca ma gandesc de ce am dat trei stelute acestei carti, care a fost o mare harababura. Exceptand faptul ca Cassie s-a aratat mai puternica decat mi-o imaginam, toata cartea s-a invartit in jurul lui Faye de a deveni conducatoarea Cercului, lucru pe care de altfel il si reuseste.

Nu pot spune ca acum i-as da aceeasi nota cartii, insa acum realizez ca nu am nici o intentie de a o reciti curand.

Poate ca sunt dura, insa consider ca de data aceasta actiunea s-a axat mult prea mult pe
Amanda
The Captive is the second book in the Secret Circle trilogy by L J Smith. In this book Faye tightens her hold around Cassie - blackmailing her over her love for Adam and forcing her to betray Diana. At the same time the Circle learns that a dark power is on the loose and killing, and Cassie begins to suspect that the crystal skull recovered from Black John's articles is behind the deaths.

L J Smith has written a number of trilogies in the YA paranormal arena, and excels at the format. The middle
  • The Dance (Final Friends, #2)
  • A Necklace of Water (Balefire, #4)
  • Silent Stalker
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th
More about L.J. Smith...

The Secret Circle (6 books)
  • The Initiation (The Secret Circle, #1)
  • The Power (The Secret Circle, #3)
  • The Divide (The Secret Circle, #4)
  • The Hunt (The Secret Circle, #5)
  • The Temptation (The Secret Circle, #6)
The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) Night World, No. 3 (Night World, #7-9) Origins (The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries, #1) Night World, No. 2 (Night World, #4-6) Night World, No. 1 (Night World, #1-3)

“You're a witch, she reminded herself. You should love cemeteries. They're probably your natural habitat.” 12 likes
“I won't feel. . . But that was impossible. She couldn't help feeling.” 11 likes