Start by marking “Soup of the Day (Williams-Sonoma): 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year” as Want to Read:
Soup of the Day (Williams-Sonoma): 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year

Soup of the Day (Williams-Sonoma): 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  22 reviews
This tantalizing collection of 365 recipes offers a soup for each day of the year. From January to December, you'll find daily inspiration and a seasonal soup that will satisfy any craving or fit any occasion.

From refreshing gazpachos in summer to slow-simmered stews in winter, light broths with noodles and greens in spring to warming root vegetable purées come fall, a del
Published January 31st 2012 by Weldon Owen (first published November 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Soup of the Day (Williams-Sonoma), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soup of the Day (Williams-Sonoma)

Jessica
The very best cookbooks make you want to immediately run to the kitchen and whip something up. This cookbook made me want to do that more times than I could keep track of.
My friends know that soup is my absolute favorite thing to make because that's usually what they get for dinner when they eat at my place! So when I saw this cookbook I had to pick it up. It did not disappoint. I cannot wait to try so many of these recipes. It gave me dreams of hosting dinner parties just for the excuse to ser
Darren
A nice bowl of soup need not be restricted for those cold evenings when you just want something quick and possibly filling to warm you up. A soup is neither just a means of using up old vegetables and ingredients into a form of warm gloop. It is a lot more, much more.

Here this book could be viewed as a work of religious art for soup lovers. A mass of 365 different recipes and not a variation on a theme (tomato soup, cream of tomato soup, tomato and vegetable soup, etc...). It might not be hype t
Diane

I've rarely been disappointed by a Williams-Sonoma Cookbook. We are a soup-loving family so I couldn't resist checking this one out. It is both lovely and well designed with a calendar-style with loads of recipes soups and stews for every season and every day of the week -- 365 recipes.

There are lots of great recipes that should please vegetarians and meat lovers alike. All the bases are covered in this book. At least 3/4 of the recipes are ones that I would consider preparing, although a few se
Sara G

Soup of the Day is organized around the calendar year. There is literally a different soup for every day of the year, so the book is naturally seasonal (in the United States). There is no prelude on how to cook, not even a simple guide to making a soup. Instead, after a one-page prologue, it dives straight into the recipes. It covers the gamut of the soup world, from international soups like an African peanut soup, to traditional North American soups like Broccoli and Cheddar, to “gourmet-at-hom
Tracy
Do you like soup? If you do than this book is for you, in this book you have access to a different soup recipe for every day for a whole year. Now we like soup here, but I do have to say that the soups here tend to be a bit more complex than what my kids would appreciate. But with 365 recipes there still are plenty that we will try. For the colder months the recipes tend to be more robust. January is filled with stews, February has a variety of chilis. In March you start to see more recipes that ...more
Patricia
For people like me that love to cook as a hobbie and than share my meals with my two kids that also love eating, this is the perfect book for my kitchen library.

What goes better with the passing seasons during a year's time? Soup, of course.

This recipes are easy to make, in which you can use the same ingredients in different recipes and the photography is amazing.
Next to each recipe is a curiosity to share another idea that pleases me.

The book is separated by months, a thing that I also enjoy an
Naomi
What an incredibly interesting cookbook. I loved the layout of the book and the fact that the author included pictures of completed dishes for most, not all, of the soups. Although some soups were pretty common dishes, for the most part these were unusual, global recipes, with some being downright exotic. I must admit though that I am a bit perplexed as the author does have a couple stew recipes, although, when I reseached it, there is a debate on whether a stew is a soup or in a different class ...more
Beth
Originally published at Beth's Book Reviews.

Received for review.

This literally is a soup recipe per day so this is one fat book. It is interestingly organized by month and day with the recipes varying from heart to light depending on the season. The photographs by Erin Kunkel were beautiful but there were not photos of all the recipes which was rather disappointing as I really prefer to see what I'm supposed to be making.

There were several recipes that I'd like to try:

Parmesan Broth with Lemon,
Katelyn
I was not a fan of this cook book. I think the idea is great because it offers such a large variety of soup recipes, but in reality I found it to be overwhelming. There were just too many recipes! To make matters worse, there were hardly any pictures. I am a visual person when it comes to recipes, so I had a hard time with this cookbook. I am very unlikely to make something if I don't see a picture first. I think this cookbook would have been a lot more enjoyable and useful if more pictures had ...more
Arryn Simmons
Such a variety of recipes! Instantly impressed with the selection of style and difficulty, and the beautiful quality of the photos. This book hardly left my recipe stand the majority of 2013.
ceeeeg
gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'soup of the day'...loved the way they broke it down into a calendar format...a wide ranging and eclectic collection of recipes here, ranging from the standard classics to some things i have never even heard of...a lil high end, with it's semi-gourmet 'flavor,' most of the recipes included here are not difficult to achieve or to find the necessary ingredients for...

if you like soup (and i do!) this would make an excellent addition to your cookbook collect
Danielle
This is a beautiful book, with the promised 365 recipes inside. However, there were a few less inspired soups that peppered the volume. Carrot-Ginger soup anyone? Chili Con Carne? Chicken Chowder? Best feature - soups listed seasonally so you are always making the perfect bowl of deliciousness for the weather outside. I'll be purchasing this to keep on my cookbook shelf (I received a free digital advance copy in exchange for my review ). As a springboard and encyclopedic compendium of soups, it ...more
Kathy
Another beautifully illustrated cookbook from the folks at William Sonoma. There are 365 soup recipes. One for every day of the year. The recipe chapters go by month with recipes featured that are perfect for that time of the year. Plenty of innovative new recipes and as well as old favorites. My only complaint would be is that there is not enough photos.

Sample recipes:

January

French Onion Soup

Classic Chicken Noodle Soup

Barley and Leek Soup with Chicken Meatballs
Cathy
Soup is a dietary staple... easy to cook... stores well... and often a bowlful is a meal, especially with the hearty soups in my recipe box... so I was thrilled to discover a world of variations to my Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup and Butternut Squash Bisque standards. This coffee-table soup recipe book not only is filled with amazing recipes (including stews) but also mouth-watering pictures. Although not a how-to-cook book, it's truly an inspirational work of edible art.
Ariana
I loved the recipes and the pics. So many of them seem to be really yummy.
I should try some of them before fully reviewing it tough, but as far as cooking books go, this one looks great so far (and I do have a kitchen full of cooking books)
Lesa
This soup cookbook is awesome. 365 different soup recipes; one for each day of the year. There are some really unique recipes in here, which I love. I read through it and marked about 70 that I can't wait to try. Soups for all seasons. The photographs are beautiful, too. Highly recommended.
Betty
I loved this book. Right after I got it, I ran home and tried the tomato broth with shrimp, feta and oregano soup. My husband loved it. So far every recipe I have tried is delicious. I also like the month by month arrangement. It allows you to take full advantage of what is fresh in the market. The easy to follow recipes traverse the globe yet only include ingredients available in most supermarkets. A great gift for anyone!
Randi Sipp
This book is sure to please. There were soups I've heard of and others I haven't. I was eager to try so many. And try many I did. They were all fabulous. I'm looking forward to many more this winter. I received this book free through Goodreads First Reads and I am more than pleased.
Robin Shreeves
Every recipe I've made so far in the cookbook has been very good. Favorite is Three-Bean Soup with Linguica (a Portuguese sausage).
Bethany Anne
I have already made a few of these soups and while I was leery of some they turned out quite delicious!
Cassandra
I loved this book! Awesome recipes :) I impressed a lot of people!
Rebecca
All sorts of soups, hot-cold-hearty-creamy. So many to try!
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Jessica Jahn
Jessica Jahn marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Tonia Tyson
Tonia Tyson marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Casey
Casey marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
  • Williams-Sonoma Healthy in a Hurry: Harness the power of superfoods for delicious, wholesome meals every day of the week
  • A Sweet Taste of History: More than 100 Elegant Dessert Recipes from America's Earliest Days
  • Saveur: The New Comfort Food: Home Cooking from Around the World
  • Waffles: Fun Recipes for Every Meal
  • The Quinoa Quookbook
  • Moosewood Restaurant Favorites: The 250 Most-Requested, Naturally Delicious Recipes from One of America's Best-Loved Restaurants
  • Weeknights with Giada: Quick and Simple Recipes to Revamp Dinner
  • Nutella: The 30 best recipes
  • The Art of Preserving
  • Quick & Easy Paleo Comfort Foods: 100+ Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes
  • Williams-Sonoma the New Slow Cooker: Comfort Classics Reinvented
  • The Tuscan Sun Cookbook: Recipes from Our Italian Kitchen
  • The Epicurious Cookbook: More Than 250 of Our Best-Loved Four-Fork Recipes for Weeknights, Weekends & Special Occasions
  • Vegan Slow Cooking for Two or Just for You: More than 100 Delicious One-Pot Meals for Your 1.5-Quart/Litre Slow Cooker
  • Trophy Cupcakes and Parties!: Deliciously Fun Party Ideas and Recipes from Seattle's Prize-Winning Cupcake Bakery
  • Come Home to Supper: Over 200 Casseroles, Skillets, and Sides (Desserts, Too!) to Feed Your Family with Love
  • The Flavorful Kitchen Cookbook: 101 Amazing Ingredient Flavor Combinations (Reprint of The Cook's Book of Intense Flavors)
  • The Southern Po' Boy Cookbook: Mouthwatering Sandwich Recipes from the Heart of New Orleans
One Pot of the Day (Williams-Sonoma): 365 recipes for every day of the year Williams-Sonoma Vegetable of the Day: 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year Pasta Night (Williams-Sonoma) Feed Me: Pizza Night Chicken Night (Williams-Sonoma)