Start by marking “Williams-Sonoma the New Slow Cooker: Comfort Classics Reinvented” as Want to Read:
Williams-Sonoma the New Slow Cooker: Comfort Classics Reinvented

Williams-Sonoma the New Slow Cooker: Comfort Classics Reinvented

Awaken your tastebuds with a whole new approach to slow cooking. The more than 100 succulent, comforting dishes found in this book are bursting with bright fresh flavors. The slow cooker has become one of the most popular kitchen appliances for today’s busy home cook, and it is easy to see why: comfort has met convenience, with delicious results. This book reimagines what
Published November 1st 2011 by Weldon Owen

To ask other readers questions about Williams-Sonoma the New Slow Cooker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Williams-Sonoma the New Slow Cooker

Pam
Jun 08, 2014 Pam rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Aha ha ha ha ha....no no no no no. This is the anti-slow-cooker book, how to use a slow-cooker in the worst way possible. For 1 recipe I counted 7 pans that were used for 1 slow-cooker meal. SEVEN PANS TO BE WASHED. There is a time and place for fussy meals, but not when you want to use your slow-cooker. Also, so many of the recipes needed attention after 3 hours, the author just doesn't get the purpose of the crock-pot, I AM NOT HOME. I laughed and laughed.
Sarah Bringhurst
Jan 08, 2014 Sarah Bringhurst rated it really liked it
Shelves: food
I generally associate slow cookers with fairly unsophisticated meals. So I was pleasantly surprised to find that this book takes crock-potting up a notch. Since I checked it out at the library last week, I've made two meals: Winter Vegetable Stew, and Spicy Red Bean and Chorizo Stew. Number three is at this moment in process in my crock pot: Short Rib Ragu.

Typical instructions for recipes include sauteeing onions and other vegetables and browning meat before putting it in the pot, and then addi
Julie
Oct 14, 2015 Julie rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fic, food, health
I purchased this book a while back and just recently started trying some of the recipes. To my surprise, everything was super tasty, which is what I'm basing my 4 star rating on.

With that said, there are definitely some flaws here. To begin with, many of the recipes require you to brown meats or sauté veggies before actually putting them in the crockpot, which not only takes time, but also additional pots/pans. I typically brown meats anyway before putting them into the crockpot, and now that I
Gally
Jul 17, 2014 Gally rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The New Slow Cooker rev. (Williams-Sonoma): More than 100 Hands-off Meals to Satisfy the Whole Family Review by Gally Lines (4.5/5 stars)

LestISmiteThee.wordpress.com

The New Slow Cooker is my new favorite cookbook. Not only does everything I've made so far taste fantastic -- which hasn't been a common experience with other cookbooks -- it's lured me out of my comfort zone to try new ingredients (wine isn't just for drinking) and reintroduced me to how rich and tender slow cooker food can be.
Melissa Brammer
One of the best recipe books I've read recently. Learning to better use my slow cooker and this provided good suggestions regarding optimizing flavor. Cooking completes in 3-4 hours for chicken, 6-7 hours for beef or pork so more difficult to set prior to leaving for work (will likely overcook). Perfect for weekend cooking.
Msjennifers Corner
Jan 10, 2015 Msjennifers Corner rated it it was amazing
This slow cooker recipe book has some wonderful recipes in it. I love the pictures that go along with the recipes. This is a well crafted recipe book.
Mark
Oct 13, 2014 Mark marked it as skimmed
Shelves: from-library, cookery
Has far less basic info than I was hoping for but did have quite a few interesting looking recipes. Will scan a few.
Nancy
Dec 28, 2012 Nancy rated it did not like it
Shelves: cookbook
Beautiful book with really yummy-looking recipes, but almost every one of them calls for wine or sherry to cook with. I know for many, many people, this makes a good recipe great; but alas, I am not one of those people. And my husband is even less fond of cooking wine than I am. I am heartbroken... Sigh....
Jobber
Jobber added it
Sep 19, 2016
Kim Blackwood
Kim Blackwood marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Kristine
Kristine marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Carrie
Carrie added it
Aug 08, 2016
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Lorie Valle Wright
Lorie Valle Wright marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Mrs. Sol
Mrs. Sol marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
L.A.
L.A. marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Trish
Trish marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Courtney
Courtney rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
K. Davis
K. Davis marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Ruthie
Ruthie rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
Tracy Fry
Tracy Fry rated it it was ok
Apr 14, 2016
Alexandra Vuk
Alexandra Vuk rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Courtney
Courtney rated it it was ok
Apr 04, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Wendy  Wilson
Wendy Wilson marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
  • The Southern Po' Boy Cookbook: Mouthwatering Sandwich Recipes from the Heart of New Orleans
  • Soup of the Day (Williams-Sonoma): 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year
  • A Sweet Taste of History: More than 100 Elegant Dessert Recipes from America's Earliest Days
  • Gluten-Free Entertaining: More than 100 Naturally Wheat-Free Recipes for Parties and Special Occasions
  • World Class Cakes: 250 Classic Recipes from Boston Cream Pie to Madeleines and Muffins
  • Waffles: Fun Recipes for Every Meal
  • Williams-Sonoma Healthy in a Hurry: Harness the power of superfoods for delicious, wholesome meals every day of the week
  • Sweet Debbie's Organic Treats: Allergy-Free and Vegan Recipes from the Famous Los Angeles Bakery
  • Kitchen Workshop-Pizza: Hands-on Cooking Lessons for Making Amazing Pizza at Home
  • Sprinkles!: Recipes and Ideas for Rainbowlicious Desserts
  • The Tillamook Cheese Cookbook: Celebrating Over a Century of Excellence
  • 132+ Delicious Salads, Dressings and Dips (Gabrielle's FUSS-FREE Healthy Veg Recipes)
  • Own Your Kitchen: 125 Recipes for Cooking with Gusto
  • Decorate Cakes, Cupcakes, and Cookies with Kids: Techniques, Projects, and Party Plans for Teaching Kids, Teens, and Tots
  • Food Network Magazine 1,000 Easy Recipes: Super Fun Food for Every Day
  • Saveur 50 Best Cookies
  • Homemade Doughnuts: Techniques and Recipes for Making Sublime Doughnuts in Your Home Kitchen
  • I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening!: Over 150 Ridiculously Easy Recipes for the Super Busy