Start by marking “Double Pink” as Want to Read:

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  72 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Pink.
PINK.
PINK.

Madison loved pink. Wholly, completely, deeply, truly pink. Is there any other color in the world? No -- never. What for? Did there ever need to be?
Day by day, Madison begins to create a totally pink world. What could be more perfect? Perfectly pink! But something is missing....
Then Madison remembers her favorite brown bear, her red fire truck, her
Published November 1st 2005 by Simon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books (first published October 25th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Double Pink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Pink

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaMy Life in Pink & Green by Lisa GreenwaldPrincess in Pink by Meg CabotThe Princess Diaries by Meg CabotThe Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig
pretty in pink!
76th out of 220 books — 77 voters
The Princess Diaries by Meg CabotRomeo and Juliet by William ShakespeareThe Luxe by Anna GodbersenPerfect by Sara ShepardThe Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
In the Pink
490th out of 1,117 books — 387 voters

More lists with this book...

Phyllis
Apr 13, 2012 Phyllis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This book about a little girl's obsession with the color pink was released around the same time as Pinkalicious, and unfortunately in the battle of the books about PINK, Pinkalicious won, and is now a major children's book franchise. This is a bummer, because this is the superior pink book! I love the absurd humor and the Maira Kalman-esque illustrations seem fresher than the more sterile art in the Pinkalicious books.
Debbie X
Dec 20, 2012 Debbie X rated it really liked it
This book is so loved by my 3 year old. It is a little repetitive and not a book you would want to read to your kids every single night.
The pink is a bit much and if you read it repeatedly like we do it starts to do your head in!! It makes a great point though.
Jill
May 24, 2014 Jill rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Pink. Every girls dream...especially my daughter. It was a great read until about half way through when I felt like the morale of the story was being developed but never completed. There was definitely an opportunity for a lesson, but the ball was dropped along the way.
Robin Gassen
Sep 22, 2014 Robin Gassen rated it really liked it
This book is very cute for any little girl that's a bit girly. There is a lot of colors in this book but mostly pink. This book also shows a lot about a little girls personality and how some little girls think their world should look.
jacky
Nov 25, 2009 jacky rated it really liked it
I listened while Alicia read this to Natalie. I had invited Alicia to read this one to her during her visit due to the subject matter: Pink. We both got a kick out of the story and thought it had a good point about too much of a good thing. We kidded that Natalie kept turning away and was fussy because the all the pink towards the end was burning her eyes!
Alicia
Dec 12, 2009 Alicia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I read this book to Jacky and Natalie and I think both really enjoyed it. Natalie like the pages that had lots of color (she didn't really look at the rest) and Jack and I enjoyed the story. Our favorite part was when the mom could not find the little girl (Madison?) because there was too much pink. I learned that you really can have too much pink.
nicole
Feb 15, 2008 nicole rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Really funny and perfect for, again, the Pinkalicious/Fancy Nancy crowd but better and way smarter. By the end of the book the girl's own mother can't find her in her bedroom because everything is so pink (including her skin). So it fills the kids' pink want while at the same time poking fun at it.
Alicia
Jun 04, 2012 Alicia rated it liked it
Unfortunately I bought this book for my daughter without reading it beforehand. She, of course, loves it and I do not. Madison, the main character is a bit of a spoiled brat. The book is painfully repetitive.
Emily Brown
Nov 18, 2012 Emily Brown rated it it was ok
PB48 - This book was a little over the top. I didn't enjoy it, however when it was talking about everything being pink the pages were completely pink and that was a good touch by the illustrator.
Jeanine
Feb 28, 2009 Jeanine rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: pink fanatics
Recommended to Jeanine by: amazon.com
Its the book that I recommend to those that liked pinkalicious, although it does not involve a cupcake, I think that it will do as a very nice substitute.
Benjamin
Aug 14, 2009 Benjamin rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens, story-time
Madison's very pink room reminded me of my sister in the best way possible. It would make and awesome rebuttal to any girl in her "pink phase"
Emily
Nov 13, 2008 Emily rated it it was ok
The author has a great idea...but the language and development of the story are a bit lacking. But my daughter still loves it.
Stefanie Ibanez
Aug 30, 2012 Stefanie Ibanez rated it really liked it

Very cute. Seven year old requested this as her second book at bedtime and anticipates a sequel: RED, then YELLOW...
Kim
Mar 23, 2011 Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: colors
A "too much of a good thing" book, but a little long for storytime. Good for a little girl who is in her pink phase.
Natalie
Sep 11, 2009 Natalie rated it really liked it
My pink princess spotted this in the library. Quite cute :-) There's so much pink in this book it's almost oozing :-)
Amber
Sep 05, 2009 Amber rated it it was amazing
Very cute, my daughter just loved it. It also teaches that one can have too much of a good thing.
Stephanie Cox
Nov 10, 2012 Stephanie Cox rated it liked it
Perfect for little girls who love pink.
Rachael
Apr 22, 2008 Rachael rated it really liked it
Illustrations bright, perfect for the girly-girl.
Katie
Sep 22, 2008 Katie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Marisa
Perfect for a little girl who comes to Tales...
M
M marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Rebeccadanielle
Rebeccadanielle rated it liked it
May 27, 2016
Tracy
Tracy added it
Mar 05, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Katie Casey
Katie Casey rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Carlos
Carlos rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Shilpagavali
Shilpagavali rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2015
Bethany Rudd
Bethany Rudd rated it it was ok
Nov 01, 2015
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kate Feiffer is the author of several children’s books, including Double Pink, illustrated by Bruce Ingman; President Pennybaker and My Mom Is Trying to Ruin My Life, both illustrated by Diane Goode; The Problem with Puddles, illustrated by Tricia Tusa; and Henry the Dog with No tail, illustrated by her dad, Jules Feiffer. She lives on Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts.
More about Kate Feiffer...