Start by marking “Changers' Summer (The Changers Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Changers' Summer (The Changers Trilogy, #1)

Changers' Summer (The Changers Trilogy #1)

Tom is twelve and all he's ever known is a world with acid rain and constant cloud. His world is a place where people try to scratch out a living; surrounded by the wreckage of the past.

One hundred years ago a group of mysterious scientists took charge of the Earth's weather in order to control climate change. They burned the planet and in the ensuing chaos they disappear
Published July 27th 2011 (first published June 2nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Changers' Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Changers' Summer

Debbie
Aug 31, 2012 Debbie rated it really liked it
This book was my monthly pick from the Amazon Prime Lending Library. I've enjoyed it well enough to buy the next book in the series when it's available. This is a young adult story that is interesting enough for all ages to enjoy. It is not a typical post apoc/dystopian tale as there is no single earth shattering disaster, and no overtly oppressive elements in this future society. This story is about the future created when deliberate changes to the environment go very wrong.

The locale described
Lyrical
Sep 01, 2011 Lyrical rated it it was amazing
It is books like these that support my belief that in the realms of self publishing you will find stories that are just as good, if not better, than the fancy, hyped books you’ll find on the shelves of your local bookshop.

In Changers’ Summer, Mike Lewis has created an intriguing post-apocalyptic world that merely hints at what went on to bring it to this point: rats that can build ladders, dogs that can talk, rain that falls in different colours. Although many of their changes are evident, there
OpenBookSociety.com
Oct 13, 2012 OpenBookSociety.com rated it it was amazing
Brought to you by Annabell

The Changers’ Summer is a vastly interesting post-apocalyptic story that tells the tale of a young boy named Tom who lives in a world where rats can build ladders, his dog can talk and rain falls in different colors. I love the childlike imagination behind the story and the fact that the heroes of the tale are twelve year old children instead of the adults.

I really enjoyed the concept of the yellow and green rain. The story had a very Amish-like lifestyle feel to it sin
Annabell
Aug 08, 2012 Annabell rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed the concept he yellow and green rain. The story had a very Amish-like lifestyle feel to it since Tom lived on a farm with hi
Craig Hansen
CHANGER'S SUMMER by Mike Lewis presents a bit of difficulty. The novel combines elements of environmentalism, science fiction, and a British setting to come up with its unique storyline, and on a conceptual basis, there's a lot that fascinates about Changer's Summer.

Unfortunately, the novel spends a lot of time - tens of pages, it seems, at times - in telling mode, rather than in scene and action that advances the plot. And the plot moves at a glacial pace.

I was fully a quarter of the way into t
S.J.
Jun 13, 2011 S.J. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Concept/World
The world grabbed me straight away with the description of life under green and yellow rain. It was almost medieval in feel but with remnants of technology.

Story
The story starts brilliantly. The Changers’ appearance is enthralling and I was on the edge of my seat during the visit to Westbridge. The last third of the book (no spoilers) was riveting too. I did feel it wandered a little in the middle but that might have been because I was impatient to find out what the Changers were u
Maria
Jun 30, 2011 Maria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book started out slow for me. I hate to say that because there was an event that was so totally creative at the beginning, it held a lot of promise. However, I felt the writing of it did not hold up to that promise. I won't say what it was because I hate spoilers!

The adult characters were a bit too two-dimensional for me, but as the story was meant to be focused on the children, it was fine. Tom was a great young protagonist, ready to jump in and get things done.

Some things I absolutely l
Sandra Stiles
the past, scientists experimented and changed the environment and animals through technology and then they vanished. We slowly figure this out when a changer begins to materialize one piece at a time in a barn. There are several unique things about the world the author has created. Rain is either green and goopy, or yellow acid rain. Crops must be grown inside of barns. animals talk, rats are able to reason and build ladders from crop material. Changers have been traveling through time to"look" ...more
Kristen Byers
Jul 06, 2011 Kristen Byers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookrooster
Tom lives in a future that has been altered by Changers, people from the present day who experimented with technology to create fantastic machines and to genetically modify crops and animals. Tom is growing up on a farm where the corn grows inside barns and rats have opposable thumbs. One day, he and his friend Jordan discover a time traveler in one of the barns -- Changers have been transporting themselves to the future in order to see how their changes have affected the world. Tom ends up havi ...more
Jill
Jul 01, 2016 Jill rated it really liked it
Interesting premise on how time travel may change the environmental past, present and future. The characters acted consistently throughout, but lacked visual descriptions and emotional depth. The ending sets the foundation for the next book in the series.
Rebecca Graf
Apr 07, 2012 Rebecca Graf rated it liked it
This was an okay book. I'm really not into futuristic books but it was interesting and the cliffhanger at the end does have me wanting to read more.
Julie Witt
Sep 15, 2011 Julie Witt marked it as to-read
I won a copy of this book in the Goodreads First Reads giveaway.
Taneeka Smith
Sep 25, 2011 Taneeka Smith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
Review to come
Renee S. Moore P.C.
Renee S. Moore P.C. rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2014
Ericka Haas
Ericka Haas rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Marsha Fuller
Marsha Fuller rated it did not like it
May 23, 2016
Deb
Deb rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2011
Birgit
Birgit rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2011
Zaimah
Zaimah rated it did not like it
Jul 07, 2014
Jenny Oo
Jenny Oo rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2015
Kristen Byers
Kristen Byers rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2011
Katja
Katja marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2011
Mike Lewis
Jun 14, 2011 Mike Lewis added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wrote, dystopian-ya
Rachel "Rai29"
Rachel "Rai29" marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2011
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Lissette
Lissette marked it as to-read
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Katrina (bookish_kat)
Katrina (bookish_kat) marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2012
Allie
Allie marked it as to-read
May 23, 2013
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Stacey Thomas
Stacey Thomas marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Bob
Bob added it
Jul 09, 2014
Karen Zieman
Karen Zieman marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Twilightwatchers
Twilightwatchers marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
John Neveu
John Neveu marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Ida
Ida marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Buran
Buran marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Patricia Dugan
Patricia Dugan marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Amelia Jamison
Amelia Jamison marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Therese Peregrine
Therese Peregrine marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Tita Light
Tita Light marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Maitri
Maitri marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Cheekylala_kindle
Cheekylala_kindle marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016