Start by marking “Grit City, Issue #2” as Want to Read:
Grit City, Issue #2

Grit City, Issue #2

Grit City, Issue #2 is the second installment of a monthly series about a dark and calamitous world, where the nefarious rule. Dillon Galway is an idealistic freelance journalist in his mid-twenties, who barely scrapes out a living reporting on corruption for the Grit City Times and his own blog.

Dillon remembers the city as an ideal place to live, before the murder of his
Nook, 0 pages
Published July 25th 2011 by Ron Gavalik (first published July 24th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Grit City, Issue #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grit City, Issue #2

Carla Anderton
Aug 08, 2013 Carla Anderton rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed the maiden installment of Grit City and was thrilled to discover this and the other follow up installments in this series. If you are looking for a fast paced read with an intriguing storyline and memorable characters, Grit City is for you!
Misty
Sep 07, 2011 Misty rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-kindle
This is just a quickie review because I already reviewed issue one and each issue is short.

Anyway I enjoyed this latest installment as much as the first, the story is getting heated and we're starting to get a hint of the fantastical element of serial.

We're starting to get to know Dillon and Alyssa a bit more and I really like them, I certainly wouldn't want to make an enemy of Alyssa!

And of course not forgetting the pictures that make this an emotobook, I really like the abstract pictures, they
Kristin
Sep 06, 2011 Kristin rated it really liked it
I enjoyed volume 1 of Grit City, to be sure. But the second volume raised the stakes, picked up the pace, and was a fast, fun read. In #1 we spent time meeting the characters. In this issue, Gavalik was free to let Dillon and Alyssa out of the gates and let them run from the first page, and they did. Lots of action, lots of suspense, and Gavalik seems to have hit his stride with solid prose. Jim Settnek's illustrations are crisp and moody. A really nice reading experience, and at an extremely ...more
Meg Mims
Oct 14, 2014 Meg Mims rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the first issue (see my review) and thought Issue #2 was even stronger in the writing. Again, I could imagine Sam Spade and Philip Marlowe meeting for a drink at the local bar, while Dillon worked his 'beat' on gathering information and Alyssa 'cleans up.' My only issue with this issue is making me WAIT - AGAIN - before learning what happens next!
Cynthia Ravinski
Cynthia Ravinski rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2012
Dave
Dave rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2011
Ron
Aug 07, 2011 Ron rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Alexis
Alexis rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2013
Steven Farmer
Steven Farmer marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2011
James
Aug 29, 2011 James added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Natasha Jones
Natasha Jones marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2011
MsBDiamondDiva1
MsBDiamondDiva1 marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2011
M.A. Leslie
M.A. Leslie marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2011
Jessica Dumitru
Jessica Dumitru marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2011
Tammy Sparks
Tammy Sparks marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2012
I've dedicated my life to the written word. In those years, I've learned one truth: we are indentured to no one but ourselves.

Poets and experimental writers don't merely punch words onto paper to fulfill a predetermined formula of what mainstream audiences expect. We present new ideas that force new perspectives. We ignite debates among academics. We spark passions in people and launch their imagi
More about Ron Gavalik...