Start by marking “Relentless: The Power You Need to Never Give Up” as Want to Read:
Relentless: The Power You Need to Never Give Up

Relentless: The Power You Need to Never Give Up

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  251 ratings  ·  39 reviews

If ever there was a need for followers of Jesus to be resolute in purpose, uncompromising for truth, persistent in faith, unyielding in hope, constant in love, and unstoppable in advancing t
Published December 13th 2011 by WaterBrook Press

Crazy Love by Danae YankoskiMere Christianity by C.S. LewisThe Screwtape Letters by C.S. LewisEdna in the Desert by Maddy LedermanBattlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer
Best Christian Growth Books Ever
35th out of 144 books — 85 voters
Sorrow's Point by Danielle DeVorPlague of Angels by John Patrick KennedyOutside The Wire by Yves JohnsonThis Present Darkness by Frank E. PerettiPiercing the Darkness by Frank E. Peretti
Spiritual Warfare
125th out of 132 books — 182 voters

More lists with this book...

Relentless by John Bevere

John Bevere writes with passion and strong opinions. Opinions with which I find it hard to agree. He is obviously well-versed in scripture but his use of them is somewhat misleading.

One of the statements Bevere makes is that God is not in control. He asks the question “Who is in charge of the earth?” and answers, “We are!” He develops his thought with scripture references that seemed to support his theory but do not.

He believes Christians are empowered by grace to rule i
John Ausmus

I recently read Relentless by John Bevere.

One of the best parts of the book was the paragraph on the back cover:

Christians were never meant to “just get by.” You were created to rise above adversity and display greatness! In this compelling book, best-selling author John Bevere explores what it takes to finish well. More than a strategy for survival, Relentless offers you a fresh new mind-set, one that enthusiastically declares with the apostle Paul, “I delight in difficulties.” Its biblically g
Carol K.
I won this great book on Goodreads. The author conveyed a victorious, positive outlook on life based on God's was very helpful personally.
Victor Gentile
John Bevere in his new book, “Relentless” published by Waterbrook Press tells us about The Power You Need to Never Give Up.

From the inside jacket flap: Re•lent•less (ri lent/lis): an attitude or posture that is resolute, uncompromising, persistent, unyielding, constant, unstoppable, ruthless. The opposite of slacken, waver, or concede.

”You already have what it takes to finish well!” declares John Bevere in his latest book, Relentless. So many times as Christians we let the day go by us, living to just get by, to get through each day, through Relentless, Bevere reminds us that we are not meant to ‘just get by.’ That are goal is not just to finish, but to finish well! We have been equipped with the tools to take control of our situation through the grace of God and to live relentlessly for Him.
Bevere challenges us to take a st
Michael Boling
John Bevere, bestselling author, speaker and head of Messenger International provides readers with yet another timely book, this time on the need to persevere through hardship while maintaining a firm foundation in God’s Word. At first, Relentless had all the makings of yet another book about how God will make everything work out for the believer provided they simply have faith and a positive attitude in the midst of trials and tribulations, much akin to something from the pen of Joel Olsteen or ...more
Really enjoyed this book Here are some quotes;

be relentless in resisting the devil. Rebuke him directly and sternly in the authority vested in you by our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our determination to be free from bondage must be greater than our adversary's determination to enslave us.

Only one person can destroy your destiny in Christ and that is you!

Hadi Wijaya
This book surely bring a new perspective about living with God. If I can summarize the whole book into one word, the word is "Faith" and for one phrase the phrase is "Relentless Faith".

It teach us about why should we have faith and how to keep this faith until the end. It tells us about faith for not only for big things but also small matter, because that's what God wants so that all of His children live everytime in faith.

The part that I like very much is when John give his personal testimony w
I have just finished reading John Bevere's book "relentless" WOW, this is a way I have never looked at Grace of God before. The author gives many scriptures to back up what he tells us. He also talks of his own life and how he was able to use God's Grace to go forward. I think every Christian should read this and form their own opinion.
Christians were never meant to "Just get by" according to John we are to "Rule on earth". I was very impressed with this book and plan to pass it around for other
Shawna Sparrow
I have the utmost respect for John Bevere. His ministry has had a powerful influence on my faith, so I am always excited when he has a a new book on the shelves. However, his books are starting to seem somewhat recycled. He has used the same illustrations and stories in multiple books (the 12 spies Bible story again?). I don't feel like this book has a fresh message. Rather, it seems to be a synthesis of messages from previous books. That being said, I appreciate John Bevere's uncompromising com ...more
Natasha  Briggs
There is so many thing to say about this book. The title carries a very strong message.

This is a very personal book, challenging your personal faith and relationship with God. It explores a wide variety of subjects teaching you never to give up and believe in the Christ and His love for us.

This would be a great book to use in Bible study. There are many subjects that can be discussed. I would recommend this book to anybody that wants to explore their faith or even for those who are just interest
Steve Best
For me personally, this felt quite close to the kind of prosperity gospel theology that leaves me cold. I didn't really agree with one of the book's central tenets that Christians should have power and exercise it.

That said, there were some good illustrations and points made, but overall I found the book hard work and was quite glad to finish it.

As I said, this is just my own personal opinion as I am sure many people have been and will be really impacted by John's message. I'm just not one of th
Mark Weller
This book is an invaluable treasure of inspiration for everyone looking to build a greater relationship with God. It details how to accept and realize God's Grace in this corrupt world.
Sueann Porter
This was one of the best books EVER if you want to understand what Grace is..and isn't.

For too long the church has functioned with too little power. The power is available to us; we just have not been using it!

Grace is more than forgiving sins: It is the power to stop sinning.

We do this by making God's Word first place in our lives. Memorize it. Meditate on it. Read it.

I highly recommend this one!~
Marja Meijers
I must admit that I experienced some starting trouble with this book but I kept on reading and I am glad I did! John Bevere tackles some serious issues in this book, all regarding the race we are running as Christians and the obstacles we will encounter during that journey. Honestly, I think I will have to read it again to let all his wisdom and insight sink in. NOT a quick read!
I was given this book to review. The author talks of his own life situations. I agree that Christians are not ment to just "get by". I think everyone should read this book and form their own opinion. I will be passing this book on.
This is a great book for Christians and non-Christians alike. The author teaches that we are not meant for mediocrity, but instead for greatness. Great use of scripture and life experiences to back up the points he makes.
Al Gibson
John Bevere at his best. Truly inspirational.
Pierre Hulsebus
Poorly written, more of a transcription of a sermon. Disappointing.
Grace Tang
My greatest lesson is seeing the grace of God in a renewed perspective. "Grace is God's free empowerment that gives us the ability to go beyond our natural ability". This is all that it takes to finish well.
Shon Hyneman
This was a better book than I thought. Although John can sometimes be extreme, he made some very strong points in this book. If you are struggling with being bold for Jesus, this is a must read
Cassandra D
This is a great book that broadens our perspective of what grace is, and in turn, teaches us how to use our new understanding of God's power so that we may rule in our lives.
Dec 22, 2012 Melissa marked it as to-read
Shelves: did-not-finish
It starts off with a great analogy but then it didn't really follow much of a storyline or strong basis. Just seemed like random thoughts that I was having trouble grasping....
Vicky Cody
Feb 16, 2013 Vicky Cody is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
My churches Bible study class is reading this book and I've just joined them. They are reading this book and I've just started. Can't wait to catch up to them
John Weston
One of the best books I have read. Very challenging for me. I cried from some of his stories and was empowered by others. Such a excellent book!
Sherri Hayes
This book will enlighten you, challenge you, convict you and INSPIRE you to live relentlessly! I would give it 6 stars if I could.
Madelaine Snell
Excellent book from John Bevere. Applicable to every Christian seeking to live their life in a way which honors Christ.
Angela Kennelly
A beautiful insight. I will never view grace the same way. I love the way this author writes.
Kelley Boyce
Great book! I love what he says about trouble, those chapters are worth the whole book!
Don Weidinger
Paul-I delight in difficulties, finish well, strive, humble self confidence, faithful
  • Girls with Swords: Why Women Need to Fight Spiritual Battles
  • The God I Never Knew: How Real Friendship with the Holy Spirit Can Change Your Life
  • The Holy Wild: Trusting in the Character of God
  • Indivisible: Restoring Faith, Family, and Freedom Before It's Too Late
  • The Necessity of an Enemy: How the Battle You Face Is Your Best Opportunity
  • Dressed to Kill: A Biblical Approach to Spiritual Warfare and Armor
  • Sun Stand Still: What Happens When You Dare to Ask God for the Impossible
  • The Ultimate Conversation
  • When the Hurt Runs Deep: Healing and Hope for Life's Desperate Moments
  • Cast of Characters: Common People in the Hands of an Uncommon God
  • They Shall Expel Demons: What You Need to Know about Demons—Your Invisible Enemies
  • Ten Dumb Things Smart Christians Believe
  • This Day We Fight!: Breaking the Bondage of a Passive Spirit
  • Torn: Trusting God When Life Leaves You in Pieces
  • Love: The Way to Victory
  • Soul Detox: Clean Living in a Contaminated World
  • Hosting the Presence: Unveiling Heaven's Agenda
  • Man Alive: Transforming Your Seven Primal Needs into a Powerful Spiritual Life
Marked by boldness and passion, John Bevere delivers uncompromising truth through his award-winning curriculums and bestselling books, now in more than 60 languages, including "The Bait of Satan," "Drawing Near" and "Driven by Eternity." He is an international speaker and co-host of "The Messenger" TV program broadcast worldwide.

John enjoys living in Colorado Springs with his wife, Lisa, also a b
More about John Bevere...

“True humility is absolute obedience and dependence on God. It puts Him first, others second, and ourselves third in all things.” 2 likes
“Godly fear, faith, and humility is the true threefold cord that can’t easily be broken (see Ecclesiastes 4:12).” 1 likes