Start by marking “Relentless: The Power You Need to Never Give Up” as Want to Read:
Relentless: The Power You Need to Never Give Up

Relentless: The Power You Need to Never Give Up

Re•lent•less (ri lent/lis): an attitude or posture that is resolute, uncompromising, persistent, unyielding, constant, unstoppable, ruthless.  The opposite of slacken, waver, or concede.

If ever there was a need for followers of Jesus to be resolute in purpose, uncompromising for truth, persistent in faith, unyielding in hope, constant in love, and unstoppable in advancing
Published December 13th 2011 by WaterBrook

Patricia
Oct 29, 2011 Patricia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, 2011
Relentless by John Bevere

John Bevere writes with passion and strong opinions. Opinions with which I find it hard to agree. He is obviously well-versed in scripture but his use of them is somewhat misleading.

One of the statements Bevere makes is that God is not in control. He asks the question “Who is in charge of the earth?” and answers, “We are!” He develops his thought with scripture references that seemed to support his theory but do not.

He believes Christians are empowered by grace to rule i
John Ausmus
Jun 15, 2012 John Ausmus rated it liked it

I recently read Relentless by John Bevere.

One of the best parts of the book was the paragraph on the back cover:

Christians were never meant to “just get by.” You were created to rise above adversity and display greatness! In this compelling book, best-selling author John Bevere explores what it takes to finish well. More than a strategy for survival, Relentless offers you a fresh new mind-set, one that enthusiastically declares with the apostle Paul, “I delight in difficulties.” Its biblically g
Billy
Feb 08, 2016 Billy rated it really liked it
A book that serves you straight forward. Is really knowledgeable and helpful to keep you deviating from your purpose as a believer.
Carol K.
Nov 04, 2011 Carol K. rated it really liked it
I won this great book on Goodreads. The author conveyed a victorious, positive outlook on life based on God's Word...it was very helpful personally.
Michael Boling
Feb 27, 2013 Michael Boling rated it really liked it
John Bevere, bestselling author, speaker and head of Messenger International provides readers with yet another timely book, this time on the need to persevere through hardship while maintaining a firm foundation in God’s Word. At first, Relentless had all the makings of yet another book about how God will make everything work out for the believer provided they simply have faith and a positive attitude in the midst of trials and tribulations, much akin to something from the pen of Joel Olsteen or ...more
Victor Gentile
Jun 17, 2012 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing
John Bevere in his new book, “Relentless” published by Waterbrook Press tells us about The Power You Need to Never Give Up.

From the inside jacket flap: Re•lent•less (ri lent/lis): an attitude or posture that is resolute, uncompromising, persistent, unyielding, constant, unstoppable, ruthless. The opposite of slacken, waver, or concede.

Erica
Dec 24, 2016 Erica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What does it mean to be relentless? The term describes an attitude or posture that is resolute, persistent and unyielding. ... Whether for the short-term or the long-term, a relentless heart is in it to finish according to the desired end. Nothing will deter him or her from the completed goal.

I give this book 4 stars. I think it's amazing in so many ways.

I feel that I got a new understanding for what the grace of God entails by reading this book. And also about what it means to be relentless an
Elle
Nov 30, 2011 Elle rated it liked it
”You already have what it takes to finish well!” declares John Bevere in his latest book, Relentless. So many times as Christians we let the day go by us, living to just get by, to get through each day, through Relentless, Bevere reminds us that we are not meant to ‘just get by.’ That are goal is not just to finish, but to finish well! We have been equipped with the tools to take control of our situation through the grace of God and to live relentlessly for Him.
Bevere challenges us to take a st
Hadi Wijaya
Jan 03, 2013 Hadi Wijaya rated it it was amazing
This book surely bring a new perspective about living with God. If I can summarize the whole book into one word, the word is "Faith" and for one phrase the phrase is "Relentless Faith".

It teach us about why should we have faith and how to keep this faith until the end. It tells us about faith for not only for big things but also small matter, because that's what God wants so that all of His children live everytime in faith.

The part that I like very much is when John give his personal testimony w
Paula-O
Oct 24, 2011 Paula-O rated it it was amazing
I have just finished reading John Bevere's book "relentless" WOW, this is a way I have never looked at Grace of God before. The author gives many scriptures to back up what he tells us. He also talks of his own life and how he was able to use God's Grace to go forward. I think every Christian should read this and form their own opinion.
Christians were never meant to "Just get by" according to John we are to "Rule on earth". I was very impressed with this book and plan to pass it around for other
Shawna Sparrow
Jul 15, 2012 Shawna Sparrow rated it liked it
I have the utmost respect for John Bevere. His ministry has had a powerful influence on my faith, so I am always excited when he has a a new book on the shelves. However, his books are starting to seem somewhat recycled. He has used the same illustrations and stories in multiple books (the 12 spies Bible story again?). I don't feel like this book has a fresh message. Rather, it seems to be a synthesis of messages from previous books. That being said, I appreciate John Bevere's uncompromising com ...more
Steve Best
Aug 15, 2012 Steve Best rated it liked it
For me personally, this felt quite close to the kind of prosperity gospel theology that leaves me cold. I didn't really agree with one of the book's central tenets that Christians should have power and exercise it.

That said, there were some good illustrations and points made, but overall I found the book hard work and was quite glad to finish it.

As I said, this is just my own personal opinion as I am sure many people have been and will be really impacted by John's message. I'm just not one of th
Natasha  Briggs
Jan 02, 2013 Natasha Briggs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is so many thing to say about this book. The title carries a very strong message.

This is a very personal book, challenging your personal faith and relationship with God. It explores a wide variety of subjects teaching you never to give up and believe in the Christ and His love for us.

This would be a great book to use in Bible study. There are many subjects that can be discussed. I would recommend this book to anybody that wants to explore their faith or even for those who are just interest
SueAnn Porter
Dec 16, 2014 SueAnn Porter rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best books EVER if you want to understand what Grace is..and isn't.

For too long the church has functioned with too little power. The power is available to us; we just have not been using it!

Grace is more than forgiving sins: It is the power to stop sinning.

We do this by making God's Word first place in our lives. Memorize it. Meditate on it. Read it.

I highly recommend this one!~
Ruth
Aug 30, 2015 Ruth rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book Here are some quotes;

be relentless in resisting the devil. Rebuke him directly and sternly in the authority vested in you by our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our determination to be free from bondage must be greater than our adversary's determination to enslave us.

Only one person can destroy your destiny in Christ and that is you!

Marja Meijers
Dec 19, 2011 Marja Meijers rated it really liked it
I must admit that I experienced some starting trouble with this book but I kept on reading and I am glad I did! John Bevere tackles some serious issues in this book, all regarding the race we are running as Christians and the obstacles we will encounter during that journey. Honestly, I think I will have to read it again to let all his wisdom and insight sink in. NOT a quick read!
Nov 12, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it
I was given this book to review. The author talks of his own life situations. I agree that Christians are not ment to just "get by". I think everyone should read this book and form their own opinion. I will be passing this book on.
Ashley
Dec 07, 2011 Ashley rated it liked it
This is a great book for Christians and non-Christians alike. The author teaches that we are not meant for mediocrity, but instead for greatness. Great use of scripture and life experiences to back up the points he makes.
Grace Tang
Aug 15, 2012 Grace Tang rated it it was amazing
My greatest lesson is seeing the grace of God in a renewed perspective. "Grace is God's free empowerment that gives us the ability to go beyond our natural ability". This is all that it takes to finish well.
Michelle zeringue
It was pretty good. Alot of the parts I read didn't make sience. The rest was cool :)
Joe Tannous
Feb 03, 2013 Joe Tannous rated it it was amazing
Life changing book. This was the 9th book i read for John Bevere. Best author.
Kelley Boyce
Aug 10, 2012 Kelley Boyce rated it it was amazing
Great book! I love what he says about trouble, those chapters are worth the whole book!
Vicky Cody
Feb 16, 2013 Vicky Cody is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
My churches Bible study class is reading this book and I've just joined them. They are reading this book and I've just started. Can't wait to catch up to them
Natasha
Dec 14, 2012 Natasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book if you wish to broaden your mind on the subject of grace.
Cassandra D
Dec 14, 2012 Cassandra D rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This is a great book that broadens our perspective of what grace is, and in turn, teaches us how to use our new understanding of God's power so that we may rule in our lives.
Dianne
Nov 26, 2011 Dianne rated it it was amazing
Excellent
Judith Moisi
Jan 28, 2013 Judith Moisi rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book
Raquel
Dec 30, 2016 Raquel rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! I will read again.
Don Weidinger
Dec 29, 2012 Don Weidinger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paul-I delight in difficulties, finish well, strive, humble self confidence, faithful
John Weston
Mar 27, 2013 John Weston rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I have read. Very challenging for me. I cried from some of his stories and was empowered by others. Such a excellent book!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Girls with Swords: Why Women Need to Fight Spiritual Battles
  • The God I Never Knew: How Real Friendship with the Holy Spirit Can Change Your Life
  • Awakening: A New Approach to Faith, Fasting, and Spiritual Freedom
  • Things Unseen: Living in Light of Forever
  • Indivisible: Restoring Faith, Family, and Freedom Before It's Too Late
  • Dressed to Kill: A Biblical Approach to Spiritual Warfare and Armor
  • Sun Stand Still: What Happens When You Dare to Ask God for the Impossible
  • Viral: How Social Networking Is Poised to Ignite Revival
  • Living Close to God (When You're Not Good at It): A Spiritual Life That Takes You Deeper Than Daily Devotions
  • The Necessity of an Enemy: How the Battle You Face Is Your Best Opportunity
  • Love: The Way to Victory
  • Cast of Characters: Common People in the Hands of an Uncommon God
  • This Day We Fight!: Breaking the Bondage of a Passive Spirit
  • When the Hurt Runs Deep: Healing and Hope for Life's Desperate Moments
Marked by boldness and passion, John Bevere delivers uncompromising truth through his award-winning curriculums and bestselling books, now in more than 60 languages, including "The Bait of Satan," "Drawing Near" and "Driven by Eternity." He is an international speaker and co-host of "The Messenger" TV program broadcast worldwide.

John enjoys living in Colorado Springs with his wife, Lisa, also a b
More about John Bevere...

“True humility is absolute obedience and dependence on God. It puts Him first, others second, and ourselves third in all things.” 3 likes
“Godly fear, faith, and humility is the true threefold cord that can’t easily be broken (see Ecclesiastes 4:12).” 1 likes