Start by marking “Wolverine: The Best There Is: Broken Quarantine” as Want to Read:
Wolverine: The Best There Is: Broken Quarantine

Wolverine: The Best There Is: Broken Quarantine (Wolverine: The Best There Is #2)

Bullets! Flames! Acid! Bombs! Wolverine's healing factor has gotten him through it all. But now his desiccated body is locked away in a quarantine capsule on Utopia, on the verge of death. Wolverine has become a breeding ground for an alien virus that is slowly turning him into a walking hive of interstellar parasites. Space bounty hunters Monark Starstalker and Paradox ...more
Published January 25th 2012 by Marvel (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Wolverine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolverine

William Thomas
Mar 12, 2012 William Thomas rated it liked it
Charlie Huston, when writing sci-fi or fantasy, churns out incredibly dated or incredibly boring stories that seem like they were pilfered from forgotten 80's paperbacks. (However, when he writes straight pulp/hardboiled crime, he's a goddamn genius). What he does to Wolverine really is no exception. It becomes clear that this is a dated cyberpunk story for Wolverine and Huston has misplaced his sense of direction for the character completely. What we get are some seriously wacky characters and ...more
Stephen
Jul 09, 2016 Stephen rated it did not like it
Two words: sucked ass.

While I have enjoyed Ryp's art in some of his past work, especially horror, this seemed a little loose and not as detail oriented as I would have liked. When you can't tell the difference between Dazzler and Emma Frost, something is wrong. The action scenes look very stiff -- the artist doesn't get cooking until the second half of issue 3. And Dazzler's leather x-men costume has her starburst insignia on her crotch -- like, look at me, my vagina can turn sound into light,
Mouse
Feb 02, 2015 Mouse rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What the Hell did I just read? This was awful! Terrible dialog, bad writing! The art was the only real saving grace! Why are there so many bad Wolverine stories and they all seem to revolve around messing up his powers or making more vulnerable?
The techno space pirates (and their robot bird) that showed up in this were terrible characters that stuck around way too long. All I kept thinking was "WOLVERINE IN SPACE!!!! Now in 3D with Smell-a-vision!"
Nuff said!
Robert Spake
May 02, 2013 Robert Spake rated it it was ok
Well it started off with some incredibly cringe-worthy dialogue between Cyclops, Beast and Emma Frost. The dialogue didn't get much better. It seemed a bit random with things just thrown together, but the ending was alright. The flashback was nice and included an appearance by a famous super-villain. The artwork was gorgeous and was really the high point.
Vinnie Barker
Oct 28, 2013 Vinnie Barker rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
All of the good work done in 'Contagion' is really undermined with an extremely dull and uninteresting first half of the novel. Two new characters appear who I couldn't wait to be rid of. The story ends decently however and if you can get through the first half of the book, you can find a decent story in there.
Willow
Feb 12, 2015 Willow rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel-comics
Obnoxiously and unnecessarily oversexualised every character. Not worth your time or money.
Quentin Wallace
Mar 07, 2015 Quentin Wallace rated it it was ok
I'm such a huge Wolverine fan that I never thought I'd read a Wolverine story that would rank this low. I just did not care for this one. It was too wordy, it dragged, and it was confusing. The only thing that kept this from being 1 star was the art, as Ryp's art was really good, and his women are HOT. Although Wolverine and Dazzler? Where'd THAT come from?

I don't even want to get into the storyline because it was too confusing for me to even try to explain. I liked Charlie Huston on Moon Knight
Dean
Mar 26, 2015 Dean rated it did not like it
Just an awful, awful mess. One of the worst comic books I have ever read, perhaps THE worst. The script was all over the place, half the time I had no idea what was going on. Dialogue was appalling, the Logan in this book is not the Logan we know and love, and all the other characters are just a waste of page space.
The art is no better. 50% decent amateur/ 50% very poor mans Steve Dillon. You might just about get away with it in an old Vertigo book, but not here. A mess, all over the place. I ha
zxvasdf
Apr 13, 2012 zxvasdf rated it it was amazing
Mr Huston takes his torture of Wolverine to greater levels. As always, our scruffy hero takes it all in stride. Of course. Pain is an old friend with whom he shall lie down happily upon the time of his deathbed. Our author also tosses in a dynamically interesting duo who, as an aside to respectively being an alien shapeshifter and a nanotech substrate, happen to be lovers. They assist Wolverine in his latest bout with crazy ass diseases.

Dark desires are fulfilled by a motley band of ugly consci
Mirco Parisi
Apr 29, 2013 Mirco Parisi rated it liked it
Shelves: marvels
Bellina questa run di Wolverine, anche se devo dire che la seconda parte è più noiosa del primo libro. I punti di forza sono, i disegni zeppi di dettagli come nel primo capitolo e l'avvento degli x-men che accorreranno in questo finale per aiutare Logan. Nel complesso posso dire che non mi sono pentito dell'acquisto di questo albo, che completa una bella saga che oltre alla violenza gratuita regala momenti introspettivi di Wolverine, le sue riflessioni sul suo potere e sulla umanità che crede di ...more
Feather Mista
Más violencia gratuita y toneladas de entrañas y pus y demás deposiciones en el marco de una historia que es bastante triste (y por momentos patética) y que, pese a algunos diálogos algo forzados y a jugar con el límite del verosímil en varias partes, nunca deja de entretener. Y otro punto no menor de esta saga es que, al parecer, verdaderamente influyó en el devenir de la vida del pobre Wolverine, ya que "La muerte de..." es una consecuencia de cómo termina al final de "El mejor en lo que ...more
Trae Brookins
Jun 29, 2012 Trae Brookins rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Accidentally picked up the second rather than the first volume. That didn't matter though and the story was easily accessible. Truly, not a comic for the kids...gross, gross, gross...and pretty awesome. Highlights: spacemen. Low points: any time the other X-men show up.
Alex Sarll
Because what better to read when you're feeling under the weather yourself than a book replete with lovingly-detailed scenes of technonecrotic virus infection and other disease-based horridness, plus a fair amount of good old-fashioned gore?
Danny
Dec 28, 2012 Danny rated it liked it
The art was pretty rough sometimes but no where near as rough as putting the story together. Best part was Dazzler....
Philippe Lenain
Philippe Lenain rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2016
Thomas L Vorrath
Thomas L Vorrath rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2014
Kyle
Kyle rated it did not like it
Apr 10, 2012
Jon
Jon rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2013
Richard
Richard rated it did not like it
Apr 02, 2014
Jerome
Jerome rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2014
James
James rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2014
Annie
Annie rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2015
Nicholas Phillips
Nicholas Phillips rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2012
Daniel Foster
Daniel Foster rated it it was ok
Aug 17, 2012
Simone
Simone rated it did not like it
Mar 29, 2015
David
David rated it did not like it
Jan 09, 2012
Abbie
Abbie rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2013
Tim
Tim rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Ben Gwalchmai
Ben Gwalchmai rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Charlie Huston is an American author of Noircrime fiction. However, according to a recent interview with Paradigm, he prefers to be classified as a writer of Pulp, due to how he writes.
More about Charlie Huston...

Wolverine: The Best There Is (2 books)
  • Wolverine: The Best There Is: Contagion