Start by marking “New Beginnings (Heartland, #18)” as Want to Read:
New Beginnings (Heartland, #18)

New Beginnings (Heartland #18)

When Amy returns to a long-cherished place and reconnects with an old friend, she discovers that her grace and ease with horses does not always carry over into her relationships with people.

After Amy hears of the death of her mentor, she is surprised when his granddaughter, Carey, mysteriously invites her to visit. Amy is eager to return to the serene stables, and Ty agree
Published March 1st 2005 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about New Beginnings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Beginnings

Take the Reins by Jessica BurkhartThe Auditions by Stacy GreggShowjumpers by Stacy GreggRiding Star by Stacy GreggChasing Blue by Jessica Burkhart
Tween Horse Books!
17th out of 124 books — 16 voters
Black Beauty by Anna SewellKing of the Wind by Marguerite HenryThe Black Stallion by Walter FarleyMisty of Chincoteague by Marguerite HenryComing Home by Lauren Brooke
Horse Lover's Literature
67th out of 423 books — 148 voters

More lists with this book...

Edward's Ghost Engine (also known as.......... Jinky Spring)
Still as touching and heart warming!
I can't believe I abandoned this series for two, yes two long years! I'm very close to finishing the series all together but I don't look forward to finishing cause these books feel like one big journey..
Amber Harrison
May 01, 2016 Amber Harrison rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-stars
Kate
Jan 09, 2012 Kate rated it liked it
Amy discovers that her friend Huten has passed away when she calls them many months after her visit. Carey, Huten's granddaughter, tells Amy she should come to visit and that she needed her help. When Amy tells Ty her plan to go away for a few days, Ty assumes he is coming along. While Huten's family tells her it's fine, Amy senses that Carey is not happy about it. In fact, Carey tells Amy that she is planning on leaving the farm. But what about Carey's horse Maverick?

In this volume I found myse
Morgan
Aug 21, 2016 Morgan marked it as to-read
Shelves: lauren-brooke
"own"
Elise
Jul 05, 2013 Elise rated it liked it
Shelves: youth, horses
This cover bugged me the entire time I was reading the book. Who is the guy on the cover? I assume Ty, but he looks wayyyy too young and isn't the same guy as they used for the cover of Taking Chances.

I always like the books that take place at Heartland better, but Amy's return to Ten Beeches isn't bad. We deal with another loss in this book, and Amy is more of a shoulder to lean on, but she of course cannot help but work mostly with the horses at Ten Beeches, the people coming in second.
Mallory Beckler
May 08, 2013 Mallory Beckler rated it liked it
New Beginnings was a really good book! Amy (the main character) sees an old horse that she healed with the help of her mother's old friend. She decides to give him a call,and sadly finds that he passed away about a week before she called.She decides to go down and visit his family, in Ten Beeches, Ocunumba. I don't want to give anything away that happens there, but I can assure you that it is an amazing story!
Tracey
Jul 15, 2012 Tracey rated it really liked it
whatever, i have nothing to read right now so i might as well finish the books i never had the chance to read throughout my childhood. used to love these books so i have so many and i never finished them, its summer, i might as well use the time to make room for more newer and better books for my age and time
Tracy
May 12, 2010 Tracy rated it it was amazing
I love HORSES so I decided to look up books about horses. When I heard about heartland I immediately went to the public library and took out the who heartland series. I was so into the books that I finished the whole series in like 2 weeks!!
Marie
Jul 14, 2013 Marie rated it liked it
Another Heartland books done and read. It's a cute series about a girl and her affinity with horses, and this book continues what we've seen in the previous books and I would recommend it to anyone who has gotten this far in the series.
Suzy Kennedy
Aug 04, 2015 Suzy Kennedy rated it liked it
Shelves: youth
read as a child.

A good series about a girl working with horses and dealing with grief.
Cale_Steps
Good to pass time. Can be interesting/exciting-but def. for horse freaks!
Jessica
Jun 23, 2013 Jessica rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jessica by: me
See the first book in the series for a full review.
April
May 07, 2016 April rated it really liked it
A special book.
Bekki Currier
Bekki Currier marked it as to-read
Sami Doble
Sami Doble marked it as to-read
Kylee
Kylee marked it as to-read
Hana Jacobs
Hana Jacobs marked it as to-read
Rylie
Rylie marked it as to-read
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2016
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Kiya
Kiya marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Jayme
Jayme marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Alicia Yang
Alicia Yang marked it as to-read
Olivia
Olivia added it
Stacey Fleming
Stacey Fleming marked it as to-read
Amy LaRaviere
Amy LaRaviere marked it as to-read
Dina E. Postulka
Dina E. Postulka marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Bolsali
Bolsali marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Ken Bruckmeier
Ken Bruckmeier rated it did not like it
Sep 17, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2016
  • The Renegade (Phantom Stallion, #4)
  • Arabian Challenge (Thoroughbred, #22)
  • The Long Ride (Pine Hollow, #1)
Lauren Brooke grew up in a ranch in Virginia and now lives in Leicestershire, England. Her husband is a veterinarian who specializes in horses. Her books have been published by Scholastic since Mid-2000, starting with the first book of the Heartland book series. The first book of her popular Chestnut Hill series was published in 2005.

According to an interview on scholastics' website, Lauren Brooke
More about Lauren Brooke...

Heartland (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Coming Home (Heartland, #1)
  • After the Storm (Heartland, #2)
  • Breaking Free (Heartland, #3)
  • Taking Chances (Heartland, #4)
  • Come What May (Heartland, #5)
  • One Day You'll Know (Heartland, #6)
  • Out of the Darkness (Heartland, #7)
  • Thicker Than Water (Heartland, #8)
  • Every New Day (Heartland, #9)
  • Tomorrow's Promise (Heartland, #10)