Start by marking “New Beginnings (Heartland, #18)” as Want to Read:
New Beginnings (Heartland, #18)

New Beginnings (Heartland #18)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  906 ratings  ·  10 reviews
When Amy returns to a long-cherished place and reconnects with an old friend, she discovers that her grace and ease with horses does not always carry over into her relationships with people.

After Amy hears of the death of her mentor, she is surprised when his granddaughter, Carey, mysteriously invites her to visit. Amy is eager to return to the serene stables, and Ty agree
Published March 1st 2005 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about New Beginnings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Beginnings

Black Beauty by Anna SewellThe Black Stallion by Walter FarleyKing of the Wind by Marguerite HenryMisty of Chincoteague by Marguerite HenryComing Home by Lauren Brooke
Horse Lover's Literature
62nd out of 422 books — 127 voters
Showjumpers by Stacy GreggThe Auditions by Stacy GreggTake the Reins by Jessica BurkhartRiding Star by Stacy GreggComing Home by Lauren Brooke
Tween Horse Books!
19th out of 122 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Jinky Spring
Still as touching and heart warming!
I can't believe I abandoned this series for two, yes two long years! I'm very close to finishing the series all together but I don't look forward to finishing cause these books feel like one big journey..
Amber Harrison
Kate
Amy discovers that her friend Huten has passed away when she calls them many months after her visit. Carey, Huten's granddaughter, tells Amy she should come to visit and that she needed her help. When Amy tells Ty her plan to go away for a few days, Ty assumes he is coming along. While Huten's family tells her it's fine, Amy senses that Carey is not happy about it. In fact, Carey tells Amy that she is planning on leaving the farm. But what about Carey's horse Maverick?

In this volume I found myse
Elise
This cover bugged me the entire time I was reading the book. Who is the guy on the cover? I assume Ty, but he looks wayyyy too young and isn't the same guy as they used for the cover of Taking Chances.

I always like the books that take place at Heartland better, but Amy's return to Ten Beeches isn't bad. We deal with another loss in this book, and Amy is more of a shoulder to lean on, but she of course cannot help but work mostly with the horses at Ten Beeches, the people coming in second.
Mallory Beckler
New Beginnings was a really good book! Amy (the main character) sees an old horse that she healed with the help of her mother's old friend. She decides to give him a call,and sadly finds that he passed away about a week before she called.She decides to go down and visit his family, in Ten Beeches, Ocunumba. I don't want to give anything away that happens there, but I can assure you that it is an amazing story!
Tracey
whatever, i have nothing to read right now so i might as well finish the books i never had the chance to read throughout my childhood. used to love these books so i have so many and i never finished them, its summer, i might as well use the time to make room for more newer and better books for my age and time
Tracy
I love HORSES so I decided to look up books about horses. When I heard about heartland I immediately went to the public library and took out the who heartland series. I was so into the books that I finished the whole series in like 2 weeks!!
Marie
Another Heartland books done and read. It's a cute series about a girl and her affinity with horses, and this book continues what we've seen in the previous books and I would recommend it to anyone who has gotten this far in the series.
Cale_Steps
Good to pass time. Can be interesting/exciting-but def. for horse freaks!
Jessica
Jun 23, 2013 Jessica rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jessica by: me
See the first book in the series for a full review.
Sayyada
Sayyada marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Ari
Ari marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Louanne Callaghan
Louanne Callaghan marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Josefin Nordqvist
Josefin Nordqvist marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jun 25, 2015
Tiffany Haynes
Tiffany Haynes marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Cindy Fashingbauer
Cindy Fashingbauer marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Cindy Mcmillian
Cindy Mcmillian marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Jenni Kuvaja
Jenni Kuvaja marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
  • Gift Horse (Phantom Stallion, #9)
  • Samantha's Pride (Thoroughbred, #7)
  • The Long Ride (Pine Hollow, #1)
Lauren Brooke grew up in a ranch in Virginia and now lives in Leicestershire, England. Her husband is a veterinarian who specializes in horses. Her books have been published by Scholastic since Mid-2000, starting with the first book of the Heartland book series. The first book of her popular Chestnut Hill series was published in 2005.

According to an interview on scholastics' website, Lauren Brooke
More about Lauren Brooke...

Heartland (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Coming Home (Heartland, #1)
  • After the Storm (Heartland, #2)
  • Breaking Free (Heartland, #3)
  • Taking Chances (Heartland, #4)
  • Come What May (Heartland, #5)
  • One Day You'll Know (Heartland, #6)
  • Out of the Darkness (Heartland, #7)
  • Thicker Than Water (Heartland, #8)
  • Every New Day (Heartland, #9)
  • Tomorrow's Promise (Heartland, #10)
Coming Home (Heartland, #1) After the Storm (Heartland, #2) Breaking Free (Heartland, #3) Taking Chances (Heartland, #4) Come What May (Heartland, #5)