Start by marking “A Season of Hope (Heartland, #17)” as Want to Read:
A Season of Hope (Heartland, #17)

A Season of Hope (Heartland #17)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  872 ratings  ·  8 reviews
In this powerful and touching installment, Amy struggles to understand the complex relationship between Ty and his father while working to heal several sick horses.

When Ty's father, Brad, makes an emergency stop at Heartland with his truck, Amy is horrified to discover what he's transporting. Inside the trailer are seven dehydrated horses, crammed in the rank, stifling con
Published September 1st 2004 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about A Season of Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Season of Hope

Black Beauty by Anna SewellKing of the Wind by Marguerite HenryThe Black Stallion by Walter FarleyMisty of Chincoteague by Marguerite HenryComing Home by Lauren Brooke
Horse Lover's Literature
60th out of 417 books — 119 voters
Black Beauty by Anna SewellThe Black Stallion by Walter FarleyKing of the Wind by Marguerite HenryMisty of Chincoteague by Marguerite HenrySeabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand
Horse Books/Novels
286th out of 773 books — 449 voters

More lists with this book...

Kate
Amy is just getting used to Lou making wedding plans and trying to figure out an argument she's had with her best friend Soraya when Ty's father pulls into Heartland with a cattle trailer full of horses. Two are practically dead, while the others are injured, severely dehydrated, and in poor health. Everyone at Heartland rushes to care for the horses, while Ty's father Brad is more concerned about his job. They must convince Brad that the horses' welfare is more important than a job...

For so lon
Amber Harrison
When I first read A Season of Hope it was by far my favourite in the series and as I reread, I agreed with my younger self. There was a lot more drama in this book and it differed from the standard plot set out of the others in the series, making it more of an interesting read, even if it was a little upsetting in some places. Of course, there’s no way that each book could be packed with as much excitement as it would take away any realism that the series may hold.

I’ve always really enjoyed th
Andrea Krieter
A Season of Hope

Rating: 4/5

This is a series I have loved since I was younger. This series brought me into the world of horses and actually helped me believe in following my dream of being a veterinarian. This series made me want to own a whole farm of horses.

I enjoyed this book since it was less tweeny bopper to say. In some of the books, it seemed that the only emotions Amy expressed were anger and crying her eyes out. She has definitely matured as the series progressed.

As always my favorite pa
Sarah burrows
Mar 31, 2012 Sarah burrows rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who wanted a quick easy read
when I first started reading this book I did not realise it was book 19 in the series, but it was easy to follow and easy to read, also it doesn't really contain many technical horse related words and the ones that are mentions (with having horses of my own I knew what they meant anyway)are explained clearly.
I enjoyed the plot though it was rather simple and only contained about one twist.
I felt Amy and Ty's relationship seemed a little too perfect, there was never a disagreement and most of the
Elise
Another Heartland novel that has a dark(ish) theme, but at least this one ends on mostly happy notes. The Heartland family continues to grow and grow! Lou's wedding plans continue forward and a batch of horses arrive at Heartland, complements of Ty's father. Again, always good to see Ty's character developed, and Brooke certainly did that with his relationship with his father in this book. Joni seems to be fitting in at Heartland better than Ben ever did, but for some reason I just haven't warme ...more
Marie
Another Heartland book... As I've mentioned before, this series is a fast read aimed at the preteens, but it's cute and interesting at times. This book is another scenario we saw in the tv show, and it is a bit of a downer. I'm not sure what else to say, this is a pretty standard addition to the series and I recommend it if you're a fan.
Cale_Steps
Good to pass time. Can be interesting/exciting-but def. for horse freaks!
Jessica
Jun 11, 2013 Jessica rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jessica by: me
See the first book in the series for a full review.
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Elizabeth Salazar
Elizabeth Salazar marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Janaya Heffron
Janaya Heffron marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Heaven Self
Heaven Self marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Melody LeeMarie
Melody LeeMarie marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Laura Velderman
Laura Velderman marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Chelsie
Chelsie marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Paige Todd
Paige Todd marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
  • Free Again (Phantom Stallion, #5)
  • Pride's Challenge (Thoroughbred, #9)
Lauren Brooke grew up in a ranch in Virginia and now lives in Leicestershire, England. Her husband is a veterinarian who specializes in horses. Her books have been published by Scholastic since Mid-2000, starting with the first book of the Heartland book series. The first book of her popular Chestnut Hill series was published in 2005.

According to an interview on scholastics' website, Lauren Brooke
More about Lauren Brooke...

Heartland (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Coming Home (Heartland, #1)
  • After the Storm (Heartland, #2)
  • Breaking Free (Heartland, #3)
  • Taking Chances (Heartland, #4)
  • Come What May (Heartland, #5)
  • One Day You'll Know (Heartland, #6)
  • Out of the Darkness (Heartland, #7)
  • Thicker Than Water (Heartland, #8)
  • Every New Day (Heartland, #9)
  • Tomorrow's Promise (Heartland, #10)
Coming Home (Heartland, #1) After the Storm (Heartland, #2) Breaking Free (Heartland, #3) Taking Chances (Heartland, #4) Come What May (Heartland, #5)