Start by marking “Arsene Lupin in 813” as Want to Read:
Arsene Lupin in 813

Arsene Lupin in 813 (Arsène Lupin #4)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  413 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Mr. Kesselbach stopped short on the threshold of the sitting-room, took his secretary's arm and, in an anxious voice, whispered "Chapman, some one has been here again."
"Surely not, sir," protested the secretary. "You have just opened the hall-door yourself; and the key never left your pocket while we were lunching in the restaurant."
"Chapman, some one has been here again,"
Kindle Edition
Published (first published 1910)

To ask other readers questions about Arsene Lupin in 813, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arsene Lupin in 813

Kkinugawa
One of the most famous Arsene Lupin's stories. The book is about Arsene Lupin's investigation about the encryption "803" and "Apo on" which can affect on the whole lands of France and Germany, and during his investigation, he is going to fight against the evil murderer. The book was absolutely exciting in the sense of the way story develops and especially at the ending of the story. The book was also one of the best mystery books I've ever read, and from this point of view, I would like to recom ...more
Eka
Semua orang tahu bahwa Arsene Lupin, The Gentleman Thief, tak pernah mengambil nyawa orang. Namun, kartu nama Lupin yang ditemukan di lokasi kejadian menjadikannya tersangka utama pembunuhan dan perampokan terhadap Mr. Kesselbach .
Tidaklah mengherankan bila seluruh Paris kemudian menjadi gempar. Masyarakat mulai menuntut kebenaran dan tindakan tegas dari pihak berwajib. Para komandan kepolisian bersama sang perdana menteri mulai merencanakan penangkapan Lupin sesegera mungkin untuk meredakan ke
Phil
Lupin is back after apparently dying in the assault on the hollow needle in the previous novel - but this time, he appears to be a murderer!

As in all the Lupin novels there are disguises and confusions, but there's a hardness to this book that haven't been in the earlier books - there's a murderer loose who appears to be framing Lupin for his crimes. Lupin enters the fray and embarks on an adventure that opens as apparently a jewellery theft gone wrong and end with the blackmailing of one of Eur
Christophe

Mr Kesselbach un collectionneur de diamant, est retrouvé mort dans sa chambre, ligoté sur une chaise, sur le bureau, la carte d'Arsène Lupin. Arsène est-il devenu un meutrier ? Le commissaire Lenormand mène l'enquête, mais les preuves disparaissent au fur et à mesure qu'il avance. Le tueur est toujours dans l'hôtel. Tour à tour, plusieurs de ses collègues policiers sont retrouvés morts, tous de la même façon que Kesselbach, d'un coup de couteau dans la gorge. Le tueur échappe à la police... Qui

Sprout
It's not difficult to stay with this book all the way through, but when you take anything but a cursory glance at it you can't help noticing it's shoddy construction. It's your typical adventures of a gentleman thief; one who is very full of himself, able to fool everybody else, and accomplish anything after giving it a little thought. The mystery itself is unwound in a manner that feels clunky. For example, you read about a woman's room smelling smokey, then a few pages later it is discovered t ...more
Rose
Virtually every character in this book has 2, 3, or 4 pseudonyms. Many of them appear to be completely separate people, until a moment of unveiling, then followed by a subsequent unveiling, and sometimes another. I will admit that, at points, I lost track of who was who.

Also notable for having possibly the highest ellipse-to-word ratio of any book I have ever read.
Dustyloup
Je ne sais pas exactement pourquoi je ne pouvais pas m'accrocher à ce bouquin. (Est-ce qu'on peut dire ça?) mes yeux nageait sur les pages et je n'arrivais pas à me concentrer.
Géraldine
Agréable à lire, un brin désuet. Par contre un peu frustrée car on n'a pas le fin mot de l'histoire ! À mon avis les épisodes doivent se lire dans un certain ordre (?)
Aimee
Boring!!! Usually I love classic over looked novels but this one is not worth the time to read. I don't think I would read anything else by this author.
Ieshajiwil
cerita yang sangat seru, di luar dugaan dan sulit di tebak akhirnya......hah!!! saat baca buku ini, bisa buat adrenalin melesat naik turun muter-muter
I really can't say much of anything about this book without spoilers, but it wasn't what I expected, and that's a good thing.
Miran M
I am reading this book Arsene Lupin in 813 but in Japanese and I have alot of Lupin books in my house and they are all wonderful
Marts  (Thinker)
After being accused of murder, Arsene Lupin, heads the investigation himself and seeks to clear his name...
Knut Sigurd
Trur nok eg forstod før Arsene kven som var motstandaren hans, men dette var jo artig så lenge det stod på.
Jack
Lupin relinquishes a very influential disguise and hunts for some very valuable letters and a murderer
Anni
Mendebarkan sampai akhir. Ending yang tak terduga. Ambisi yang membuat orang mau membunuh saudara kandungnya.
Anne-laure
Trop alambiqué pour moi. Beaucoup trop d'nvraisamblances et de coups de théâtre à mon goût.
Caporegime
He is the most clever robber that the world has ever seen.
Crankyfacedknitter
I am not sure madness works that way.
Artemis
I think he is an excellent thief.
Trisha K.
Trisha K. marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Jaime Glanovsky
Jaime Glanovsky marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Raechel
Raechel marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
El Zippo
El Zippo marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
  • Le parfum de la dame en noir
  • Chourmo
  • Wash This Blood Clean from My Hand (Commissaire Adamsberg, #6)
  • The Crime of Sylvestre Bonnard
  • One Thousand and One Ghosts
  • The Egyptian Cross Mystery (Ellery Queen #5)
  • Meurtres pour mémoire
  • Waterbury
  • Ma vie est tout à fait fascinante
  • Lock 14
  • The Amazing Interlude
  • Michael Strogoff
  • The Thinking Machine
  • The Big Bow Mystery
  • The Use (Changing Magic, #1)
  • The Three Coffins (Dr. Gideon Fell, #6)
  • The Assassin's Curse (The Emperor's Edge, #2.5)
Maurice Leblanc began as a journalist, until asked to write a short story filler, and gentleman thief (later detective) Arsène Lupin, more gallant and dashing than English counterpart Sherlock Holmes.
More about Maurice Leblanc...
Arsène Lupin, Gentleman-Thief (Arsène Lupin, #1) Arsène Lupin versus Herlock Sholmes (Arsène Lupin, #2) L'aiguille creuse (Arsène Lupin, #3) The Crystal Stopper (Arsène Lupin, #7) The Confessions of Arsène Lupin (Arsène Lupin, #6)