Start by marking “Broken Fences. by Camilla Noli” as Want to Read:
Broken Fences. by Camilla Noli

Broken Fences. by Camilla Noli

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Clair lives in the leafy suburbs and has worked hard to create the perfect life for her husband and two children. She knows it's a big bad world out there and her beautifully painted garden fences keep that world out. While her children are young, Clair is determined to do everything she can to keep them safe.
Paperback
Published October 1st 2011 by Orion (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Broken Fences. by Camilla Noli, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Fences. by Camilla Noli

Cleo Bannister
This book starts with a shocking prologue which drags you into the story. I have to confess I rattled through the 288 pages very quickly, the 34 chapters are short which adds to the tension within the pages of this story about a mother who is obsessed with protecting her children.

Clair is a surburban housewife living somewhere in Australia with her husband Peter and two children, Marty and Beccy. One day whilst watching from her window Clair sees a new family moving into the house that backs ont
Cam
Mmmmmmmmm don't know about this. Uncomfortable topics - no doubt about that, actually made me feel ill for much of it - not pleasant. Thought the writing was a bit basic at times, & then subsequently came across as a tale creating shock value rather than displaying the true message that was intended to be given - one of how quick & all consuming depression & anxiety can be & of how hard it can be to overcome. A story about when a Mothers love is too much.
Jennir
This really touched a chord with me - a mother struggling with taking care of her children partly because of what happened to her in the past and partly due to her anxiety to be a "good mother". I really liked how the world of the children was shown, with its own rules and its own values. The story built up very emotionally - I almost didn't want to read the end - but was happy (thankfully) with how it concluded!
Ash
This book wasn't one of my favourites, but I didn't completely dislike it either. I wanted to keep reading until something really exciting happened, but I was dissapointed at the end. Maybe it's because I'm not a mother, and I couldn't connect to the character, therefore the book wasn't as interesting to me.
Emily
Apparently Camilla Noli has a knack for dragging me headfirst into her books and leaving me unable to put then down until they have been completely devoured. This book certainly didn't disappoint; subtle yet striking, it's an excellent follow up to her, also brilliant, debut. Roll on the next! :)
Sally Carter
I wanted this to be better than it was. while the book drew me in and I wanted to see what happened, the writing was only average and I felt there was more to the mother's childhood anxiety than we were told..making her reactions implausible in their intensity to some extent.
Jaki
Jan 27, 2010 Jaki rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jaki by: Jackie Bucat (her copy)
I did enjoy this read, and wanted to keep reading it. something wasn't quite right for me. As if trying to be a bit darker than it was in actuality, or maybe the fact that the mother seemed obtuse. I know others have loved this book.
Shikha
I know,its possible to get overwhelmed at times especially if childhood has been disturbing and your basic pychological needs are not met...I like this book overall...as I know its possible to loose the fine balance
Gemma De-lucchi
Could not put this book down, quite like Noli's previous book A Mother's Tale. Less shocking and not as painful to read but still page-turning!
Sophie Bristow Harris
A very quick, yet gripping read. Highly recommended for thriller lovers!
Sharon Parsonage
Found this book a little disappointing - preferred Still Waters.
Zoe Allen
Zoe Allen marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Georgina Ingham
Georgina Ingham marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Nicola Barden
Nicola Barden marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Shelley Lloyd
Shelley Lloyd marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014