Alipio (Don't Read in the Closet)

Alipio (Hot Summer Days)

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  104 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Free short story written for the M/M Romance group's "Hot Summer Days" event.

----------
Genres/Tags: Gay M/M / Fantasy / Deaf / Romance
Approx. Word Count: 3,059
free online fiction
Published July 26th 2011

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Good short story I really enjoyed it. Not my usual genre I read so I was a little confused about something’s. (view spoiler)
CAS
Alipio is yet another fine example of Bryl's deft hand at writing short stories with all the power and depth of a full length novel, proving once again that in his hands less definitely can and will mean MORE. Bryl's stories and characters are always crafted with so many layers, and as the story unfolds it's in the peeling back of those layers that I always find that little something extra hidden within the words and images that beckons me to look a little deeper. I am always compelled to read h...more
Captain Franklin
Poetic is the only way to describe Alipio. Great find while looking for Tyne's new release. My only complaint - he doesn't get them out fast enough.
Bookbee
Brilliant! I do not have the words to convey just how wonderful this was!
Bettye Kanady
Nov 25, 2012 Bettye Kanady rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Bettye by: Love is Always Write List
This story was a good one. I wanted to be able to delve into the life of Alipio; to see what happened after the modeling. It was clear to see that the artist had to be taught certain things; for example, he assumed that Alipio was a slave. There was nothing to actually give him this assumption, only the fact that he was led to the sessions by someone else. The story didn't last much longer beyond the coupling between the main characters; but we are left to make up our own ending. I do not think...more
LutaWolf
It was well written and flowed. The details put into it were amazing and for a short story, it didn't feel rushed in any way. I had a small problem with the character connection and that's why this is a five star. I get the feeling this was intentional as there is most likely a follow up story but I hated that I just didn't love the characters. However given a longer story I feel that I could. Really though this story is worth reading just for the details.
SueM
Oh Bryl - beautiful! "You learn" - such a simple phrase but you have given it so many layers:- he learns to sign, he learns not to judge others, he learns to see clearly, he learns humility, he learns money is not everything and he learns that love is the ultimate power... (and he probably learns a few other things too) Thank you for writing Alipio's tale.
Wendy (wluvsbooks)
I love this author's stories and this was no exception! Very evocative and thought-provoking, it packed a lot of punch in a short space. The whole feel to the story was like the most loving and intimate caress against bare skin - beautiful and breathtaking:) Thank you, Bryl!!!

Eden Winters
I am in awe of the beauty of this story, how it slowly unfolds and then leaves the reader to imagine the rest of the story however they wish. I wish for an HEA.
Zach Sweets
It's really beautiful written story, Bryl! Deaf character is perfect ;D I'm glad you wrote this kind of story. Thanks for a fantastic read :)
Justin South
A wonderful 5 star read, beautifully and imaginatively written.
Boycop
This story was like a beautiful dream; soft, sweet and dreamy.
Bear
I'm surprised I liked this but I did.
L-D
Mar 10, 2012 L-D rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: novella, m-m
The photo that inspired this story is beautiful. But the story itself was just okay for me. The author describes the passion that the artist feels for his muse, but it's not clear how or why Alipio has feelings for the artist since there is little to no interaction between the two.

Don't Read in the Closet is a collection of short stories published for free for members of the M/M Romance Group. The best part of this series of shorts is that they were based on a photo and a reader request for a st...more
Fairy / Anna
This story, because of lack of better word, seems to be dreamy ;) We don't know much about main character, we know even less about Alipio. But it doesn't prevent to be lured into this world and enjoy the slow observation. It all felt like it was dream-like. Blurry on edges, gentle and soft. I liked that. Even if I had no idea what was going on.
Fiona Goodman
It's pretty bad when you find it hard to get through a short story.
Aniko
2.75 to 3 stars
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Amedu Williams
Amedu Williams marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Lelyana
Lelyana marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Brittney Bower
Brittney Bower marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Hidden Amongst Stars
  • Spinner
  • Cupid's Beau
  • The Boy Next Door (Don't Read in the Closet)
  • Beneath Your Wings
  • Between Friends
  • Tears of the Sea
  • Quiet Erp
  • Bear Naked
  • Appearing Knightly
  • Cody and the Hermit (Don't Read in the Closet)
  • Tears From Above (Hot Summer Days)
  • Hold Me Tight
  • It's the End of the World As We Know It (Don't Read in the Closet)
  • Mourning (Don't Read in the Closet)
  • A Cure for the King's Lust
  • Trust
  • Pyrogasm
BRYL R. TYNE is a wrangler by nature and a writer by choice. Balancing as many pronouns as hats, somewhere between the evil day job, editing, and helping a benevolent Sugar Daddy raise the last of seven kids, Bryl writes. Homoerotic romance is a favorite, but many of Bryl’s stories cross genres. Comedy, Fantasy, Mystery, Sci-fi, even Westerns, Bryl writes them all.

[image error]
More about Bryl R. Tyne...
Tough Guy If I Were a Lady... PULL Beneath Me May Day