Start by marking “Zero Hour” as Want to Read:
Zero Hour

Zero Hour (H.I.V.E. #6)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  2,066 ratings  ·  62 reviews
Overlord is reborn, and has developed the chilling ability to move from body to body, erasing the host`s personality and ultimately killing them, forcing him to hop from victim to victim. He must find Otto, the only host designed to contain him, and for that he needs the location of H.I.V.E. He also plans to take control of a secret US Army facility that is home to the Aut ...more
Hardcover
Published (first published September 1st 2010)

Crowinator
Actual rating: 3 stars, maybe 2.5 stars (view spoiler)

This is a plotty, action-heavy series, pe
Natalie C.
The overall book was good but I cannot believe how similar the two endings are. They both ending with invade, search, rescue, enemy tranquilized, but maybe not. The plot really needs improvement, because while reading I love it but as I look back on it there are many holes and inconsistencies. Not only that, but there are constant comebacks of the same characters who “died”, next thing you know Lucy will come back! Plus it’s really strange how both relationships happen at once even though Wing a ...more
Kat
Amanda
Ok, the good bad guys are just really good guys in disguise I've decided. For all that they talk about villainy and being villains--the whole arc of the series has been to thwart true evil (over-the-top CRAZY I'm going to self-destruct the whole world and I don't care who goes dies with it) villains.

So in my mind, this makes them the good guys; ok, maybe that is a bit of a stretch--how about we say: the anti-heroes? They don't wear white hats. They cuss occasionally. Did I mention the violence?
Elise
Trevis
H.I.V.E: Zero Hour by Mark Walden

This is class as a Young Adult Novel, which is just about right. If you have ever wonder, which school villain suhch as Dr No and co attended this is the novel for you.

Otto Malpense, a super genius and a criminal mastermind is only 13, gains entry into the most prestigious villainous - well the only villainous school - by causing the dismissal of the Prime Minister simply because he attempted to shut-down Otto orphanage.

The friends, enemies and plots Otto schem
Hayden
Jul 28, 2011 Hayden rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People
Page 98 is a very, very, very awkward moment.
Extreme awkwardness.
Should I quote it?
Yes, yes I should:

intriguing.
H.I.V.E.mind's voice spoke somewhere inside Otto's head.
'Not now,' Otto said with a sigh.
'What's wrong?' Lucy asked, pulling back with a puzzled look on her face.
'Not you,' Otto said quickly, 'it's just that we're...erm...not exactly alone.' He tapped his finger against the side of his head.
'Oh yeah,' Lucy said, blushing slightly. 'I'd kind of forgotten about that.'
Do not feel you nee
PurplyCookie
Bad news for the Higher Institute of Villainous Education, aka H.I.V.E.: Overlord is reborn and has developed the chilling ability to move from body to body, erasing the host’s personality—and ultimately killing them.

Since this is the case, Overlord must find Otto, the only host designed to truly contain him, and for that he needs to know the location of H.I.V.E. He also plans to take control of a secret U.S. Army facility that is home to the Autonomous Weapon Program, a computer-controlled sys
Carrie
So... part of me feels like this series should have ended after book two or three - H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education and The Overlord Protocol were GREAT, some of the best books I've read; after that, well.... eh. But another part of me really enjoyed this installment in the series. There were moments where my willingness and ability to suspend disbelief were sorely tested, and moments where I was perched precariously on the edge of my seat, biting my nails, completely paralyzed ...more
Laurel
Didn't I just start this series? How can I already be on book six? The answer is, of course, that the Higher Institute for Villainous Education (H.I.V.E.) books are great! They are fast-paced, action-packed reads that will be great for reluctant middle grade and teen readers. It is true that they are mix between James Bond and Harry Potter, with a bit more villainy mixed in. Expect everything from ninjas and superspies to overbearing teachers and unexpectedly long lunch lines. I will say that th ...more
Justin Yan

Well this book is nothing short of extraordinary. In other words, nothing short of what I would expect from Mark Walden. Basically Overlord is back again and is having to switch hosts for the Animus fluid more and more consistently. He has to find Otto and make him serve as a permanent host. To do this he starts by capturing high ranking officers from various countries that were present at a demonstration of the Goliath land and air mech walker. He uses these people as leverage to force the pre

Ms. Mielke's Class
This book is definitely one of my new favorites.
In this book Overlord is back and has initiated a plot to get Otto and destroy G.L.O.V.E.. This book is the final battle between good and evil. ( or maybe less evil vs.evil considering that G.L.O.V.E. stands for The global league of villainous enterprises.)

But overall this is an amazing book and I look forward to reading more of his books. -GT
IndyPL Kids Book Blog
H.I.V.E. arch nemesis Overlord is back from the dead and he is dis-pleased that Otto escaped his clutches in the last H.I.V.E. adventure. He is determined to capture Otto this time and he isn’t taking no for an answer. He has to get Otto for good this time because he’s dying. This is not supposed to happen to artificial intelligence!

To keep himself alive Overlord has to “occupy” a body (kind of like Voldemort) – and not just any body will do – he needs Otto’s. Overlord is a computer program and
Jodie
This book is the 6th book in the H.I.V.E. series, where Overlord has come back and he can possess bodies. He wants to possess Otto's body, because that is the only body he can be in without killing the body after a few days. The headmaster of H.I.V.E., Nero, has a plan called Zero Hour to help defeat Overlord. I definitely recommend this book, it's really good.
Dylan Jones
I thought this book was great. Overlord is back and ready to destroy. Otto and his friends have to avoid deadly obstacles and make daring adventures to defeat Overlord once and for all. While getting ready for their epic quest, there are menacing attacks, backstabbers, and more. Join Otto Malpense, Wing Fanchu, Laura Brand and Shelby Trinity as they try to stop this terrible mess. There are also another five books before this, each one as daring as this. Read it now at your local library.
Joyce
4 1/2 stars because of Raven. Same plot device as the last book. Otherwise a very good story and big surprise in the ending.

Favorite convo
"Is she back?" Shelby asked.
"Yes I believe she is," Wing replied.
"Good, because y'know, she may be a psychopathic ninja assassin, but she is our psychopathic ninja assassin."
Pauline
I thought Rogue might be my favorite, but this is...ugh!!!

(view spoiler)

And when Zero Hour is revealed...WOW!
Anne
Book 6 in the HIVE series - and it's not the last one. Lots of action and adventure. Some good plot twists - but I feel like all these books are very similar. Similar outline, similar problems, similar solutions...
augustine okyere
Awesome

this book involves kicks chop peace and power

what a awesome book needs more action
people say is like Harry potter

Stephen
Stephen
The series just gets better as the story evolves. Romance really begins to blossom in this volume. The characters are endearing and capture your hopes. ...more
Bayla
I'd recommend these to those who enjoyedArtemis Fowl, Stormbreaker, and the like, though they are targeted at perhaps a slightly younger crowd (perhaps 5th-8th grade?).
I generally like romance in my books, but it was out of place in this one, in my opinion. There was too much action to develop it properly, and it kind of felt tacked on 'for the ratings' so to speak. Overall, lots of fun though.
Eloise Mae
This book was amazing it contained action adventure and just a touch of romance .
Cherry
Walden did it again, and even better. Zero Hour is the best of the H.I.V.E. series yet.
Kevin S.
Very action packed
Leon
While I feel this book was an amazing continuation to the rest of the series with heart pounding consequences and epic battles, I don't feel that it delivered as an end. The victory over the villian wasn't as satisfying as it should've been and they pass over a characters death with very few details. The end of this book and the series feels as if there is something coming next. I was dissapointed by the ending because it felt like a continuation and didn't conclude. I give it 3.5 stars because ...more
Angela
The HIVE books are one of the slew of series with kid spies/special forces/villainy schools. The issue I have with it is that the covers and the feel of the characters is kid-like but the deaths and violence are definitely YA. We have a tiny bit of romance in this one and the death of a central character along with the completely over-the-top situations that seem more kid/camp/spoof-like. It's just a weird mixture that seems to stand out more and more as the series continues.
Luca
If your interested in mutant groups with superheroes such as the X-Men, this is the book for you. I really enjoyed this book because the author really set the scene for the characters to shine. There was action, drama, twist-endings and a little bit of romance. It even brought the return of Overload, the super smart invention of Doctor Nero, but also the most evil villain the world has ever seen. Only Otto and his gang of friends can stop the world from destruction.
Eric
Thor's Hammer is employed. H.I.V.E.mind experiences a bowel movement. And Otto Malpense saves the world (again). Goodbye Lucy Dexter and hello Silent Death!

Full review here: http://superheronovels.com/2014/03/15...

Von Palomares
One of the most climactic part of the H.I.V.E series is packed with suspenseful twists and has depicted a chunkful of technological goodies which will make you beg to have one. Mark Walden again made a page-turning success as this school year of H.I.V.E marked one the final battle against the evil A.I. - Overlord. The storyline will make you forget that the main characters play as the villains.
  • The End of Infinity (Jack Blank Adventure, #3)
  • Virus Attack (Hero.Com, #2)
  • The Academy (Steel Trapp, #2)
  • The Doomsday Code (TimeRiders, #3)
  • Monster Madness (Nightmare Academy #2)
  • The Lab (Agent Six of Hearts, #1)
  • Hurricane Gold (Young Bond, #4)
  • The Genius Wars (Genius, #3)
  • The Ascension: A Super Human Clash (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #5)
  • Jimmy Coates: Assassin? (Jimmy Coates, #1)
  • Secret Army (Henderson's Boys, #3)
  • The Rising (Department 19, #2)
  • Sure Fire (Rich and Jade, #1)
I am the world’s laziest man.

No…really. Not just a bit slack, really, truly, breathtakingly lazy.

Which is why it’s taken me so long to get off my big, lazy rear end and get myself properly on-line.

I’m the author of the HIVE series of books which I hope that some of the people who stumble across this might have read and enjoyed. Or read and hated…

I am fortunate enough to live with the two most beau
More about Mark Walden...

H.I.V.E. (9 books)
  • H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education (H.I.V.E., #1)
  • The Overlord Protocol (H.I.V.E., #2)
  • Escape Velocity (H.I.V.E., #3)
  • Dreadnought (H.I.V.E, #4)
  • Rogue (H.I.V.E, #5)
  • Aftershock (H.I.V.E., #7)
  • Deadlock (H.I.V.E., #8)
  • H.I.V.E. #9
H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education (H.I.V.E., #1) The Overlord Protocol (H.I.V.E., #2) Escape Velocity (H.I.V.E., #3) Dreadnought (H.I.V.E, #4) Rogue (H.I.V.E, #5)

“There always has to be a choice.” 0 likes