Start by marking “Zero Hour” as Want to Read:
Zero Hour

Zero Hour (H.I.V.E. #6)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  1,652 ratings  ·  51 reviews
Overlord is reborn, and has developed the chilling ability to move from body to body, erasing the host`s personality and ultimately killing them, forcing him to hop from victim to victim. He must find Otto, the only host designed to contain him, and for that he needs the location of H.I.V.E. He also plans to take control of a secret US Army facility that is home to the Aut...more
Hardcover
Published (first published September 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Zero Hour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zero Hour

Crowinator
Actual rating: 3 stars, maybe 2.5 stars (view spoiler)

This is a plotty, action-heavy series, pe...more
Natalie C.
The overall book was good but I cannot believe how similar the two endings are. They both ending with invade, search, rescue, enemy tranquilized, but maybe not. The plot really needs improvement, because while reading I love it but as I look back on it there are many holes and inconsistencies. Not only that, but there are constant comebacks of the same characters who “died”, next thing you know Lucy will come back! Plus it’s really strange how both relationships happen at once even though Wing a...more
Amanda
Ok, the good bad guys are just really good guys in disguise I've decided. For all that they talk about villainy and being villains--the whole arc of the series has been to thwart true evil (over-the-top CRAZY I'm going to self-destruct the whole world and I don't care who goes dies with it) villains.

So in my mind, this makes them the good guys; ok, maybe that is a bit of a stretch--how about we say: the anti-heroes? They don't wear white hats. They cuss occasionally. Did I mention the violence?...more
Elise
Trevis
H.I.V.E: Zero Hour by Mark Walden

This is class as a Young Adult Novel, which is just about right. If you have ever wonder, which school villain suhch as Dr No and co attended this is the novel for you.

Otto Malpense, a super genius and a criminal mastermind is only 13, gains entry into the most prestigious villainous - well the only villainous school - by causing the dismissal of the Prime Minister simply because he attempted to shut-down Otto orphanage.

The friends, enemies and plots Otto schem...more
Hayden
Jul 28, 2011 Hayden rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People
Page 98 is a very, very, very awkward moment.
Extreme awkwardness.
Should I quote it?
Yes, yes I should:

intriguing.
H.I.V.E.mind's voice spoke somewhere inside Otto's head.
'Not now,' Otto said with a sigh.
'What's wrong?' Lucy asked, pulling back with a puzzled look on her face.
'Not you,' Otto said quickly, 'it's just that we're...erm...not exactly alone.' He tapped his finger against the side of his head.
'Oh yeah,' Lucy said, blushing slightly. 'I'd kind of forgotten about that.'
Do not feel you nee...more
PurplyCookie
Bad news for the Higher Institute of Villainous Education, aka H.I.V.E.: Overlord is reborn and has developed the chilling ability to move from body to body, erasing the host’s personality—and ultimately killing them.

Since this is the case, Overlord must find Otto, the only host designed to truly contain him, and for that he needs to know the location of H.I.V.E. He also plans to take control of a secret U.S. Army facility that is home to the Autonomous Weapon Program, a computer-controlled sys...more
Carrie
So... part of me feels like this series should have ended after book two or three - H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education and The Overlord Protocol were GREAT, some of the best books I've read; after that, well.... eh. But another part of me really enjoyed this installment in the series. There were moments where my willingness and ability to suspend disbelief were sorely tested, and moments where I was perched precariously on the edge of my seat, biting my nails, completely paralyzed...more
Laurel
Didn't I just start this series? How can I already be on book six? The answer is, of course, that the Higher Institute for Villainous Education (H.I.V.E.) books are great! They are fast-paced, action-packed reads that will be great for reluctant middle grade and teen readers. It is true that they are mix between James Bond and Harry Potter, with a bit more villainy mixed in. Expect everything from ninjas and superspies to overbearing teachers and unexpectedly long lunch lines. I will say that th...more
Justin Yan

Well this book is nothing short of extraordinary. In other words, nothing short of what I would expect from Mark Walden. Basically Overlord is back again and is having to switch hosts for the Animus fluid more and more consistently. He has to find Otto and make him serve as a permanent host. To do this he starts by capturing high ranking officers from various countries that were present at a demonstration of the Goliath land and air mech walker. He uses these people as leverage to force the pre

IndyPL Kids Book Blog
H.I.V.E. arch nemesis Overlord is back from the dead and he is dis-pleased that Otto escaped his clutches in the last H.I.V.E. adventure. He is determined to capture Otto this time and he isn’t taking no for an answer. He has to get Otto for good this time because he’s dying. This is not supposed to happen to artificial intelligence!

To keep himself alive Overlord has to “occupy” a body (kind of like Voldemort) – and not just any body will do – he needs Otto’s. Overlord is a computer program and...more
Jodie
This book is the 6th book in the H.I.V.E. series, where Overlord has come back and he can possess bodies. He wants to possess Otto's body, because that is the only body he can be in without killing the body after a few days. The headmaster of H.I.V.E., Nero, has a plan called Zero Hour to help defeat Overlord. I definitely recommend this book, it's really good.
Anne
Book 6 in the HIVE series - and it's not the last one. Lots of action and adventure. Some good plot twists - but I feel like all these books are very similar. Similar outline, similar problems, similar solutions...
Stephen
The series just gets better as the story evolves. Romance really begins to blossom in this volume. The characters are endearing and capture your hopes.
Stephen
Bayla
I'd recommend these to those who enjoyedArtemis Fowl, Stormbreaker, and the like, though they are targeted at perhaps a slightly younger crowd (perhaps 5th-8th grade?).
I generally like romance in my books, but it was out of place in this one, in my opinion. There was too much action to develop it properly, and it kind of felt tacked on 'for the ratings' so to speak. Overall, lots of fun though.
Eloise Mae
This book was amazing it contained action adventure and just a touch of romance .
Cherry
Walden did it again, and even better. Zero Hour is the best of the H.I.V.E. series yet.
Leon
While I feel this book was an amazing continuation to the rest of the series with heart pounding consequences and epic battles, I don't feel that it delivered as an end. The victory over the villian wasn't as satisfying as it should've been and they pass over a characters death with very few details. The end of this book and the series feels as if there is something coming next. I was dissapointed by the ending because it felt like a continuation and didn't conclude. I give it 3.5 stars because...more
Angela
The HIVE books are one of the slew of series with kid spies/special forces/villainy schools. The issue I have with it is that the covers and the feel of the characters is kid-like but the deaths and violence are definitely YA. We have a tiny bit of romance in this one and the death of a central character along with the completely over-the-top situations that seem more kid/camp/spoof-like. It's just a weird mixture that seems to stand out more and more as the series continues.
Eric
Thor's Hammer is employed. H.I.V.E.mind experiences a bowel movement. And Otto Malpense saves the world (again). Goodbye Lucy Dexter and hello Silent Death!

Full review here: http://superheronovels.com/2014/03/15...

Von Palomares
One of the most climactic part of the H.I.V.E series is packed with suspenseful twists and has depicted a chunkful of technological goodies which will make you beg to have one. Mark Walden again made a page-turning success as this school year of H.I.V.E marked one the final battle against the evil A.I. - Overlord. The storyline will make you forget that the main characters play as the villains.
Kevin
This one was one of my favorites from the series. It pits the mighty Overlord against G.L.O.V.E. in a final effort to take over the world. I liked how the bad guys were being good guys and not always winning. It made the unrealistic seem a little more realistic. I look forward to the next book. I just hope I can figure out a way to get it from Britain this fall.
Zoë (Toastie)
4.5 magical little stars
Drew Irion
This book was nothing short of what i expected from the H.I.V.E. series. This i believe is the last book out so far and it was truly inspiring. Basically Overlord comes back and wants Otto's body. Otto of course does not want to give it to him and i am totally underselling the book. So go out and read the book.
Peter
"Zero Hour" is a simple but exciting adventure, and in my view is considerably better written than the previous novel in the series. There are some interesting revelations about certain characters, and there is plenty of action and suspense. Very much worth reading if you like some very light sci-fi.
Rena
My kids ages 11 & 14 loves this series.
Dru
This is apparently the last book in the series, but instead it comes across more as just another entry into the series. A character dies, the series antagonist is finally confronted, but it somehow doesn't feel epic enough.
Update: Definitely not the last of the series.
Deborah Morgan
What an appropriate end to this awesome series. Adults and kids alike have fallen hard for the alpha team of H.I.V.E. and this book will leave them feeling good about the time invested. All will be right with the world with Dr. Nero and the alphas in charge.
Lee
Finally a new H.I.V.E. book and what a great return. I enjoyed laughing along with the jokes and liked to take guesses with what would happen next. Looking forward to the next book in the series, I just wonder how it can get any bigger.
  • The End of Infinity (Jack Blank Adventure, #3)
  • Gates of Rome (TimeRiders, #5)
  • The Lab (Agent Six of Hearts, #1)
  • The Academy (Steel Trapp, #2)
  • The Cloak Society
  • Rise Of The Heroes (Hero.Com, #1)
  • Jimmy Coates: Assassin? (Jimmy Coates, #1)
  • Hurricane Gold (Young Bond, #4)
  • The Ascension: A Super Human Clash (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #5)
  • The Escape (Henderson's Boys, #1)
  • The Genius Wars (Genius, #3)
I am the world’s laziest man.

No…really. Not just a bit slack, really, truly, breathtakingly lazy.

Which is why it’s taken me so long to get off my big, lazy rear end and get myself properly on-line.

I’m the author of the HIVE series of books which I hope that some of the people who stumble across this might have read and enjoyed. Or read and hated…

I am fortunate enough to live with the two most beau...more
More about Mark Walden...
H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education (H.I.V.E., #1) The Overlord Protocol (H.I.V.E., #2) Escape Velocity (H.I.V.E., #3) Dreadnought (H.I.V.E, #4) Rogue (H.I.V.E, #5)