Start by marking “The Lady's Scandalous Night (Tang Dynasty, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
The Lady's Scandalous Night (Tang Dynasty, #2.5)
read excerpt

The Lady's Scandalous Night (Tang Dynasty #2.5)

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Tang Dynasty China, 759 A.D.

Yao Ru Jiang, known as River, has woven many romantic dreams of honorable swordsman Wei Chen from her brother's stories. Their meeting should have been a happy event; instead, Chen arrives to tell River he is duty bound to kill her brother for rebelling against the warlord they both serve.

River would do anything to distract the handsome, conflic
Published September 1st 2011 by Harlequin Historical Undone (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Lady's Scandalous Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady's Scandalous Night

Lexie
This was a different sort of story from BUTTERFLY SWORDS. Maybe because of the short nature or maybe because the characters were already half in love (and lust) before ever clapping eyes on each other, the story moved quickly. It never felt rushed or abrupt, just quickly paced.

Lin does mention this reads along side her upcoming novel THE DRAGON AND THE PEARL, which is about General Li Tao (who Wei Chen serves under) and the ending of this story must mirror an event that happens in THE DRAGON si
Maldivianbookreviewer
Full review can be found here.

Rating=3.75/5

Rated as a GOOD READ from the sunny side of life!

Review goes live at 00:00 hours MVT on February 22, 2013!
Hannah
This short story is obviously a companion piece to the novel The Dragon and the Pearl; in hindsight, it would probably have been better if the novel was read prior to this novella, since the novel contains the main storyline while this was really an off-shoot. I unwisely figured that reading either first would work and thus was left with a number of gaps - I haven't the faintest idea what River's brother, Ru Shan, was supposed to have done!

However, what is most important is that Jeannie Lin had
Stefanie London
Set in the era of the Tang Dynasty 759 A.D, The Lady's Scandalous Night is a treat for those looking for a historical a little less conventional. The heroine, Yao Ru Jiang, aka River, finally meets the man her brother’s best friend, Wei Chen. However, instead of them meeting and falling in love as River has always dreamed, Wei Chen arrives with the devastating news that he has been sent to kill her brother.

Ru Shan has rebelled against Governor Li Tao, the warlord that both he and Wei Chen serve.
Aoi
Done with another of Ms.Lin's books. I know it's not her fault, but what IS with the covers. People are starting to take notice of her works; the publisher should provide her better than such sub standard covers..

The book acts as a sort of side-story to the story of Li Tao. As short as the length was, i enjoyed reading it thoroughly. Again, there is a conflict created between duty and love; and Ms. Lin's characters acquitted themselves splendidly.

Though the plot angle itself is well used in fic
Katie
Aw, this was wonderful. I'd just finished a disappointing book and then read the Dear Author review for this and was intrigued. I'd been interested in checking out Jeannie Lin for a while and figured a novella could be just what I needed right now.

This was a different kind of story, set in China's Tang Dynasty (take note, friends who want different settings!) and it just WORKED. The couple meets for the first time, but they've known of each other and dreamed of each other, so I believed in the l
Morwa Pal
Once again, Jeannie Lin draws us into the world of Tang Dynasty China with a tale of love that is both sexy and sweet.

Yao Ru Jiang, called River, would do anything to save her rebel brother. Even seduce his executioner. Wei Chen wants nothing less than to hunt and kill his longtime friend for betraying their commander, but he is bound by honor to bring him to justice.

When he is waylaid by River’s charms, will Chen lose the trail of the outlaw, or will he lose his heart?

The Lady’s Scandalous Nig
T.L. Morganfield
This one worked much better for me than "The Taming of Mei Lin". With the characters, everything just fit together really well and I had no problems believing these two could be in love even after having just met formally for the first time. The end wraps up a bit too cleanly for my taste, and I was left feeling like I missed something because I have no idea what Ru Shan did--either to force himself into hiding then to get himself out of it--leading me to believe that this must be an off-shoot o ...more
Liz
Another fun addition to Jeannie Lin's books.
Cate Rowan
I loooved this short story! The author has an amazing touch with emotion, description, angst (in a really good way), and incredibly sensual love scenes. It's a quick, gorgeous read and very satisfying. I did wonder a little about one piece of the ending, but I have a strong suspicion that it relates to the forthcoming novel, The Dragon and the Pearl, which I'm EAGERLY awaiting. (Li Tao's story, finally!)

If you haven't read her first short, The Taming of Mei Lin, DO IT NOW. It's one of my favorit
Shawntelle Madison
I've had a chance to read this book and it's fabulous! Jeannie Lin does a wonderful job of creating a sensual world and I can't wait for others to read this ebook! :)
feux d'artifice
rating is 3.5 stars. half a star taken off for ending.
all my stars were awarded based on pure enjoyment I derived out of reading this.
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Chinese Tang Dynasty
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Chinese Tang Dynasty
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Leslie Fisher
Leslie Fisher marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Issabella Huynh
Issabella Huynh marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Munkiiee
Munkiiee marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Mary Vang
Mary Vang marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
ClassicMaiden
ClassicMaiden marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • An Accidental Seduction (Accidental, #1)
  • Unmasking the Duke's Mistress (Historical)
  • Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard (The Renegade Royals, #1)
  • The Seduction of Samantha Kincade (Dangerous Men, #1)
  • Cat's Tale: A Fairy Tale Retold
  • Unbuttoning Miss Hardwick
  • Wicked Rake, Defiant Mistress
  • Mirror Sword and Shadow Prince (Tales of the Magatama, #2)
  • A Very Sinful Valentine
  • Chosen for the Marriage Bed
  • Born to Scandal
  • The Mysterious Madam Morpho (Blud, #1.5)
  • Hunting the Hero (The Wild Randalls, Book 4)
  • Some Like It Wicked (Daring Duchesses, #1)
  • My Beautiful Enemy (The Heart of Blade Duology #2)
  • Taken by the Wicked Rake (Regency Silk & Scandal, #8)
  • What the Bride Didn't Know (The Wests, #3)
  • A Lesson in Chemistry with Inspector Bruce (The Gentlemen of Scotland Yard, #2.5)
USA TODAY Bestselling author Jeannie Lin grew up fascinated with stories of Western epic fantasy and Eastern martial arts adventures. When her best friend introduced her to romance novels in middle school, the stage was set. Jeannie started writing her first romance while working as a high school science teacher in South Central Los Angeles. After four years of trying to break into publishing with ...more
More about Jeannie Lin...

Tang Dynasty (5 books)
  • Butterfly Swords (Tang Dynasty, #1)
  • The Dragon and the Pearl (Tang Dynasty, #2)
  • My Fair Concubine (Tang Dynasty, #3)
  • The Sword Dancer (Tang Dynasty, #4)(Lovers and Rebels, #1)
  • A Dance with Danger (Tang Dynasty, #5) (Lovers and Rebels, #2)
Butterfly Swords (Tang Dynasty, #1) The Lotus Palace (The Pingkang Li Mysteries, #1) The Dragon and the Pearl (Tang Dynasty, #2) My Fair Concubine (Tang Dynasty, #3) The Sword Dancer (Tang Dynasty, #4)(Lovers and Rebels, #1)