Start by marking “A Bride's Dilemma in Friendship, Tennessee” as Want to Read:
A Bride's Dilemma in Friendship, Tennessee

A Bride's Dilemma in Friendship, Tennessee

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  86 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Journey to Tennessee at the end of the Civil War. Heaven Wharton has been left in charge of her father’s farm, but weeks of facing marauders has finally taken its toll. Meaning to fire into the air, she accidently shoots a man charging the house. Shocked, she and her sister Angel drag the semi-conscious man into the house and nurse him back to health. As Travis recovers he ...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about A Bride's Dilemma in Friendship, Tennessee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bride's Dilemma in Friendship, Tennessee

Michelle
More like 4.5 stars, but still an excellent read. I loved how the author had the character's dialog so unique and well done that I could hear their voices in my head while they spoke. Each character had a distinct voice and way of thinking. That made this book stand out from others. Plus, it wasn't boring. Just being honest here. While the story itself isn't exceptional in the sense that it's not very unique, it still made me smile and had plenty of redeeming qualities. The spiritual arc in the ...more
Lillie
I met Diana Brandmeyer online several years ago when we both had books with the same electronic publisher and have been a fan a long time. While I was predisposed to like Diana's latest book, historical romance isn't a favorite genre for me, so my review is as objective and unbiased as humanly possible.

I love the characters, especially Heaven, Angel, and Travis. My minor complaint about the characters is that I wondered for about halfway through the book how old Angel was. At various times in th
Casey
Aug 12, 2012 Casey rated it really liked it
I do think this novel might be my latest “cute novel find”. A sweet romance with characters that had me chuckling and loving their antics upon the page, was the perfect end to my restful Sunday, while also completely entertaining me.

I have to give a bit of attention to the most unique character names I think I’ve ever read. Heaven and Angel threw me once in a while, thinking I was reading a cliché instead of a name, but I loved the little twists given their names for the enjoyment of the reader
Sandra
May 17, 2012 Sandra added it
All Travis Logan, a reluctant doctor, wants is to raise horses. But what's a man to do when someone offers him a Tennessee farm and heaven?

When Heaven Wharton's ma drilled into her all the proprieties of being a lady in society, she should have included a lesson on the impropriety of shooting a stranger, even if it's accidental.

This is how the hero and heroine in A Bride's Dilemma in Friendship, Tennessee meet. He tries to save her father's life. She shoots him.

As lighthearted as that sounds,
Valerie Comer
May 02, 2012 Valerie Comer rated it it was amazing
On the heels of the Civil War, a dying man gave Doctor Travis Logan the deed to his Tennessee farm. The man’s brain must have been a bit addled, because he also offered Travis Heaven and Angel.

Life is tough in Tennessee as the war closes, and Heaven Wharton has her hands full keeping marauders off her land. Surely soon Pa will return to take Heaven and her sister off to Chicago. Too bad Heaven is a lousy shot. When she attempts to shoot over a man’s head, she accidentally grazes him instead. Hor
Carrie Daws
Apr 21, 2012 Carrie Daws rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Christian romantic fiction lovers
A couple months ago I was in a reading slump. It seemed everything I picked up was either poorly edited or had cardboard characters. But the last three books I've read renewed my love for reading! A Bride's Dilemma in Friendship, Tennessee by Diana Lesire Brandmeyer is the latest great book.

Read more of my review on Monday, April 23, 2012 at http://carriedaws.com/?p=768.
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Heaven’s Stolen His Heart.
After witnessing the ravages of the Civil War, Travis Logan vowed to give up doctoring. But when fellow steamboat passenger Caleb Wharton collapses at his feet, Travis knows he must lend his aid. As the old man lies dying, he makes Travis promise to take care of his land and find Heaven. Travis can’t help but wonder what Heaven has to do with a real place, so he heads to Caleb’s farm to fulfill his promise.
Weeks of facing marauders and caring for her
Retha
What a dilemma!
Travis Logan thinks he can run away from his past and his calling as a doctor to become a horse rancher. When he bumps into a man on the steamboat, his life is changed; Travis Logan believes in the direction he wants his future to go.
More importantly, before dying, Caleb Wharton had given Travis the deed to his land and offered him heaven.
Travis Logan soon finds out that heaven could mean the beauty of the land or it could mean Heaven Wharton and her sister Angel.
Meanwhile Heaven
Sara ♥
This was a random book I found on the new book shelf at the library, and I was pleasantly surprised! I really quite liked the plot, and the writing was very gripping, right from the start. The author didn't dilly-dally getting into the meat of the story.

I found the female character's names quite cheesy. Heaven and Angel? Blegh. Kill me now. But the characters themselves were very likable. Especially Travis Logan... ;) I was SORT OF annoyed about the weak love triangle that was introduced about 7
Angela
Jun 16, 2012 Angela rated it liked it
I liked this book - it was a really cute, light-hearted read. And there was really no question about which guy to choose, so really no dilemma at all!
Aug 25, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book and getting to know Heaven, Angel, Travis, Jake and Annebelle--who are all point of view characters. A unique plot with some of the formula historical things. There are the mandatory deaths, but it was a pleasant surprise to have Heaven's dad will the property (and Heaven) to a complete stranger. Heaven was a strong willed heroine, and Angel was a total dear. She stole my heart. Lots of twists and turns, including a goat and a tornado.

Anyone who enjoys historical fic
Janine
“A Bride's Dilemma in Friendship, Tennessee” by Diana Lesire Brandmeyer is a sweet story with a plot that is unique yet predictable, to where I just couldn't stop reading the book. This is the first book that I have read by Ms. Brandmeyer and I really enjoyed it and look forward to reading more fiction by her in the future. I really hope there is a follow up with this book soon for there was an interesting ending with a couple of characters that I would be interested in seeing how it moves forwa ...more
Suzanne Williams
Apr 23, 2012 Suzanne Williams rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet story about two people finding unexpected love. The main characters, Travis, Heaven, Angel, and even the animals, are so likeable. Angel's character made me laugh more than once. Her personality really made the book so much better. The plot was a bit expected, not that this is necessarily bad in a romance. However, I did want more of a confrontation between Heaven and her old fiance, Jake. It seemed he sort of fell out of the story. I also wanted more of an ending for Annabelle. ...more
Amber Stokes
Jan 15, 2016 Amber Stokes rated it really liked it
A Bride's Dilemma in Friendship, Tennessee is a clever story alternately peppered with humor and faith lessons.

Travis practiced medicine during the Civil War - but now that the war is over, he wants nothing more than to breed horses on his own little piece of "heaven." A man's dying requests gives him a chance at his dream.... Maybe.

Heaven and her little sister Angel have been keeping to themselves, waiting for word from their father and hoping that they'll have enough food to last until then. B
L. Lamplighter
Mar 07, 2013 L. Lamplighter rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed A BRIDE’S DILEMMA IN FRIENDSHIP, TENNESSEE very much. The romance was touching, the hero noble, the young woman delightful, and the secondary characters were charming. I liked the fact that the heroine’s other choice for a beau was not a complete, cardboard villain but rather a flawed man. When the heroine and her blind sister, who had both suffered so much, had to weather a tornado that nearly destroyed their house, I felt tremendous sympathy for them! I also enjoyed the unexpected tw ...more
Cherie Kasper
Aug 12, 2013 Cherie Kasper rated it it was amazing
Travis Logan wanted nothing more than to be left alone to live his own life, but God has a way of changing things up. Like taking care of a dying man and having him bequeath his land to him and offered him heaven.
Heaven Wharton had been left by her Pa to wait for him while he went to Chicago. She is in charge of the farm and all the animals, and her little sister Angel, who is blind. Heaven and Angel had lived in Nashville and were not acquainted with any of the daily chores of life. Not cookin
Brandi
Mar 11, 2015 Brandi rated it liked it
This was a pretty good novel. I enjoyed the storyline and the characters.
It seemed unfinished to me though. The action and romance weren't as extreme as I prefer.
I neither laughed nor cried.
The cover is all right. I'd probably give it 2.5 stars. I like the background picture and the position of the model. Though her outfit is cute, it looks more like a costume than the actual garb. And the model herself looks very twenty-first century with her dyed hair, and obvious makeup.
Katrin
Jul 31, 2013 Katrin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful story! From the first sentence read I couldnt put the book down.
Heaven and her sister Angel await news of their father, who went in search of a better place and work. When he doesnt come back, but instead sends handsome doctor Travis Logan, Heavens world - and so her sister Angels as well - is whirled upside down.

The author painted such a lively picture of Heaven and her little sister Angel, that I could see them in front of my eye. I had to giggle at every second sentence Ang
Teresa Snyder
Oct 03, 2012 Teresa Snyder rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by this author. It will not be my last. Easy read. Well written. The author was more concerned with the story line and developing the characters than trying to dazzle the reader with big fancy (unknown) words.

Fell in love with Travis. Disliked Jake. Heaven was sweet as was Angel. The story line was fresh. Somewhat predictable, but that's not a problem for me. I'm more concerned with a happily ever after ending.

I was torn between giving the book a 4 or 5 star ra
Jessica Davis
Aug 16, 2014 Jessica Davis rated it really liked it
I wasn't entirely in love with the switching of POV at first. The first couple switches weren't always easy to keep up with but eventually you know the characters well enough that those transitions become smooth and natural.

I believe this is a story that can help strengthen your faith in times when that has faltered a bit. It did for me.
Regan
Aug 02, 2012 Regan rated it liked it
I really liked this book. It was funny and romantic!! i really liked the parts about the ankle. Things are so different these day!! haha
Teresa Short
Dec 27, 2013 Teresa Short rated it really liked it
It was interesting, but not very realistic.
Emyrose8
Feb 11, 2013 Emyrose8 rated it really liked it
3.5
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Megan
Megan added it
Apr 22, 2016
Darla Damron
Darla Damron marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Shauna Bostian
Shauna Bostian marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Elizabeth Wendland
Elizabeth Wendland marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Makayla
Makayla marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Laurel
Laurel added it
Feb 23, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 05, 2015 11:55AM
  • The Farmer's Bride Collection: 6 Romances Spring from Hearts, Home, and Harvest
  • A Texas Brides Collection
  • Love Finds You in Groom, Texas
  • Finally a Bride (Texas Boardinghouse Brides, #3)
  • A Bride for All Seasons
  • A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado, California
  • The Bartered Bride Collection
  • Never a Bride (Kansas Bride, #2)
  • The Rancher's Second Chance
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Courtship (Cooper Creek, #6)
  • Marrying the Preacher's Daughter
  • A Wedding Transpires on Mackinac Island
  • Apprentice Father
  • The Irresistible Earl
  • Healing the Forest Ranger
  • Mail-Order Mistletoe Brides: Christmas Hearts\Mistletoe Kiss in Dry Creek
  • Cowboy Christmas (Wild West Weddings #1)
  • A Patchwork Christmas Collection
Christian author, Diana Lesire Brandmeyer, writes historical and contemporary romances. She writes fiction about women choosing to challenge their fears to become the strong women God intended them to be.

Author of, Mind of Her Own, A Bride's Dilemma in Friendship, Tennessee, We’re Not Blended-We’re Pureed, A Survivor’s Guide to Blended Families, and Hearts on the Road.

Once widowed and now remarr
More about Diana Lesire Brandmeyer...