Start by marking “Romancing the M.D.” as Want to Read:
Romancing the M.D.

Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General #3)

4.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  612 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews

Landing an internship at prestigious Hopewell General is a dream come true for Tamara St. John. She struggled hard to get where she is--and isn't about to risk it all because of arrogant Victor Aguilar. Tamara and Victor constantly lock horns, but the sinfully seductive doctor is driving her crazy...with desire. Tamara knows that dating a colleague is a prescription for di
Published October 1st 2011 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Romancing the M.D., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romancing the M.D.

Beast by Pepper PaceThe Grunt by Latrivia S. NelsonLove Script by Tiffany AshleyDmitry's Closet by Latrivia S. NelsonHer Russian Billionaire by Theodora Taylor
Best Interracial Reads
144th out of 537 books — 439 voters
Cheating to Survive by Christine ArdigoBeautifully Awake by Riley MackenzieWhen Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa JamesJust One Last Night… by Amy AndrewsRescued by the Dreamy Doc by Amy Andrews
Doctor/Medical Romance Heroes
44th out of 275 books — 205 voters

More lists with this book...

Portia
Dec 26, 2011 Portia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was muy caliente. There is a reason why Maureen Smith is a bestselling author. She is truly a master story teller. Whether it's contemporary or romantic suspense, Smith know how to dish up a steamy, ultra satisfying read.

In Romancing the MD, Tamara isn't your typical sweet heroine. The book starts with her standing toe to toe with 6'2" of Columbian hotness. Unlike other men in her life, Dr. Victor Aquilar Garcia respects her sharp mind and her hot "assets".

This book is hot. Excuse me f
Delaney Diamond
Considering Maureen Smith can do no wrong in my eyes, it's no surprise I loved this book. This couple was hot and it was full speed ahead almost from the beginning.

What I liked
1) I like it when authors let you see how two people complement each other and grow in love despite their differences. Even though they had different viewpoints when it came to handling patients, they respected each other's work. Tamara said Victor helped to make her a better doctor, and that was quite a compliment consid
Prachi
Dec 04, 2012 Prachi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I may have read some of Ms. Smith's work earlier but I can't seem to recall exactly which title I've read. Romancing the MD was a short fun read. I read it within two hours and wasn't once distracted or tempted to put the book down. Some of the scenes are really quite good, and I found myself thinking about them at work later. But the reason I wouldn't give this book more than a three star rating is because I was highly bothered by two issues.
I found the relationship in the book to be
Kim
Oct 12, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is rare that we see interracial stories from Kimani Romance, so this was a pleasant surprise, especially coming from one of my fav's Maureen Smith. The storyline was so good, and of course it had super hot love scenes. The conflict and attraction between Tamara and Victor was on point, and very entertaining. I especially liked the way Maureen tackled the race issue. Usually it is a black/white issue, but in this case it was a Colombian/Black issue with the Victor's Colombian mother having an ...more
Fashionista
This book is HOT, HOT, HOT!!!
Caliente Victor Aguilar Garcia! O_o
Beverly
Oct 26, 2011 Beverly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heading: The Passion of Love and Medicine

Romancing the M.D. by Maureen Smith is a captivating romance of two people whose passion for medicine leads to a different type of passion. Dr. Victor Aguilar not only noticed the sultry Dr. Tamara St. John on their first day as interns at the prestigious Hopewell General, he plays a joke on her at a public meeting. Tamara also noticed the sexy Victor with the mega swagger, but she does not appreciate being the object of his prank. First impressions do la
Marie
Jun 03, 2012 Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always expect a great story from Maureen that includes a hero and heroine who represents the best that man and woman has offered, and once again she has not disappointed. From the moment I picked it up it was exhilarating to immerse myself in Hopewell General. I cannot believe it is over already...

Brandi
Feb 10, 2012 Brandi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super sexy as I have come to expect from Maureen Smith.... I pictured the cute Dr. from Grey's Anatomy in my head (they're all cute, I know) when I was reading this. Loved the chemistry between Drs. Aguilar and St. John and would love to see them again just to see their HEA.
Shone
Mar 12, 2013 Shone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
The life of an intern is not easy when around every turn there is a scandal, some one who thinks they are smarter or better than you, Then to top it all off you have to deal with racism. Read and enjoy how Tamara and Victor beat the odds on all counts.
Coco at *My Reading Nook Blog*
Loved it! Maureen Smith never disappoints! The story of Victor and Tamara was sweet, heartfelt and believable. Best of the Hopewell General series for me.
Janina
Oct 08, 2011 Janina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, romance
Loved!
Romance..... Can't live without it.
I never realized how much of a romantic i was.
Awesome book and a quick read.
Dee's Reading nook
excellent!
Megan
Mar 08, 2015 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A friend lent me this book since I have yet to find an interracial romance book that I enjoyed in a while. She suggest this book and I laughed, Victor is a Colombian, blue eyed tall man, and Tamara is a strong headed black woman. They argue to keep from loving one another, but when they do, it's magic! It is pretty much a situation I was once in lol.

It's a very good entertaining book. It is a little short and a quick read, but none the less I am happy that I read it. Victor and Tamara hate each
Rena Miller
Apr 14, 2016 Rena Miller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love this book. It showed the love-hate relationship between two strong, independent, and good doctors, whose passion overflowed in and out of the hospital. I love how both English and Spanish was used to get a better feel for the characters and background. Even though Tamara and Victor were from diverse background, their love was sizzling and very caliente!! I'm glad that they received their HEA.
Shirley
Nov 30, 2011 Shirley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy this book. Even though Tamera and Victor argued a lot, they found they had chemistry between each other. She was afro American and he was Columbian. They fell in love. When it was time to meet the parents, his mother was not happy. She wanted him to marry someone of the same nationality. He has made his decision and he wanted to be with Tamara. Tamara's mother was in a unfortunate accident that was very very serious. An operation was needed in order to save her life. Because of the injur ...more
Hsiau Wei
There is a thin line between love and hate and i guess this is what the book's message is all about. Tamara and Victor is known to the hospital to be not in good term and they fight against each others for anything and everything to the extent that they were nicknamed as "bickerson'. Unknown to them, the arguments between them has ignited attraction between them which both of them has desperately trying to denied.

I like reading such a story book.. it is full of fun reading about the argument bet
Toni
Sep 24, 2011 Toni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2011
Tamara St. John is a busy intern at Hopewell General, working long hours, making a name for herself and loving every minute of it. But her colleague, Victor Aguilar, seems intent on not making anything easy for her. The two constantly bicker and argue over patient care and just about anything else and everyone around them notices.

But it seems that underneath all that animosity is a desire for each other that neither is ready for...especially since hospital rules forbid it. Another impediment is
Fatuma
Apr 26, 2014 Fatuma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was great!!! I wish there were more of interracial love stories like this. I loved this book. It was written well and I could imagine it well in my head. And now I'm looking for books that are a lot like this because this book was that good
Mary-Sarah
Sep 18, 2014 Mary-Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Where is my Victor? Victor and Tamara are medical students who are always at each other's throat. Both strong willed, high stung and feeling they are right, the two cohorts never seem to coexist. One night there is a terrible storm, Tamara has no car, Victor only has a motorcycle, neither has an umbrella. What is there to do? Go back into the hospital, and spend the night together. They spend the night talking and eventually fall asleep. After the storm passes Victor and Tamara go their separate ...more
Vanessa
Nov 03, 2015 Vanessa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!
Carla Cabrera
Jul 24, 2014 Carla Cabrera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-read-again
I really enjoyed this book. It is a great short read from an author i had never read before. I thought Tamara looked pregant from the cover, so i kept reading and waiting. The heat between Tamara and Victor was inevitable. The book gave a glimnce into the challenges of an interracial relationship. In the end their families were able to overcome the challenges. The love between Tamara and Victor made for a wonderful romantic read that I would definitely read again.
Patriciaw
Oct 25, 2011 Patriciaw rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy stories wherein the hero and heroine seemingly don't like each other, but they do respect each other and the chemistry is undeniable. This is one of those stories. Love that Victor and Tamara, a Hispanic and an African-American doctor, highly respect each other's skills. They just have different approaches to practicing medicine. The family dynamics that complicate their relationship are believable and well sketched. In fact, I'd love to see more of Victor's brothers.
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
I found this to be an very enlightening story. It had a different take on racism and love. Victor was a hottie waiting to be picked. There was a clear stereotype going on with the super fine intern and the staff of the hospital. Dr. St. John was a temptation that Dr. Aguilar could not resist. Love crosses the boundaries set by others. This is a classic case in opposites attract. The battle is masking true feelings of desire hotter than the sun.
Karen
Jul 07, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: maureen-smith
This was definitely the best "well told" love story in this series. The pacing, the turn of events and how they were handled, even racism and tragedy along with total trust was superb! An awesome and must read love story! Tamara and Victor really let the reader's understand what the saying "it's a thin line between love and hates" really mean. I love now they are both head-strong individuals that in the end lets love conquer all!
Angela
Feb 12, 2014 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice
Sonya
Nov 26, 2011 Sonya rated it really liked it
Romancing the M.D. is another enjoyable romance delivered by Smith, which can be added to her entensive list of romantic hits. Victor and Tamara share a heated relationship that begins with medinical intellectual sparing that lovingly blossoms into a passionate entanglement. They loved each other from the beginning. It just took them bit to acknowledge it and accept it.
Dafort
Oct 12, 2011 Dafort rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so good. The third installment in the Hopewell General continuity series was worth the wait. Victor and Tamara's explosive relationship was entertaining from beginning to end. I loved how Mrs. Smith broached the subject of each's backgrounds and how they were willing to make it work despite the obstacles/views from family. This was a good hot book!
Thara
Jul 24, 2014 Thara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, hard-copy, explicit
A phenomenal story!!!!!! I love it when I man sticks up for his woman against his family and everyone else who says they won't make it. They argue as strong as they love each other and they want each other as much as they want to become a heart surgeon. With a strong African American woman and a Colombian man this story is one of the hottest!!!!!
Chelsea
Jul 05, 2013 Chelsea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: maureen-smith
Way to go Ms. Smith. I certainly wasn't disappointed in the Hopewell generals third installment. This story was well written. Love doesn't have a race. It was nice to see that Victor, and Tamara were able to overcome the scrutiny and challenges their relationship faced. Well done!
Shantel
Oct 12, 2011 Shantel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kimani-romance
This was the first book by Maureen Smith that I read and I just love it. It was very well written with some very steamy love scenes. I will definitely be reading more of her book in the further. So far this was my favorite of the Hopewell General series.
Goodread Bookreads: Book 3 1 1 Jul 30, 2014 02:43PM
BW/LM Romance 5 16 Jun 14, 2013 10:48PM
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General)
  • Field of Pleasure  (New York Sabers Football, #1)
  • In the Doctor's Bed
  • Winter Kisses
  • Body Heat
  • Fight for Love (Hot Latin Men, #2)
  • Poetry Man
I have enjoyed writing for as long as I can remember. My earliest memory of knowing I had a “literary gift” was as a third grader, when I wrote and illustrated a story about a child who stumbled upon a bird’s nest and decided to nurture the orphaned chickadee until its mother returned. I can’t recall whether the story had a happy ending or not, but my teacher, Mrs. Bennett, was so impressed that s ...more
More about Maureen Smith...

Hopewell General (4 books)
  • In the Doctor's Bed
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General)
  • Case of Desire (Hopewell General, #4)