Start by marking “Insatiable” as Want to Read:
Insatiable

Insatiable

How far would you go for a taste of ecstasy?

Crystal never dreamed her engagement would end this way - with her fiancé breaking her heart the day of the wedding…and his best man stepping in to mend it.  Now she’s about to embark on her dream honeymoon with the sinfully sexy best man.  But when the groom shows up determined to win her back, she ends up in a highly unusual si
Trade Paperback, 276 pages
Published February 14th 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Insatiable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Insatiable

Dinjolina
So. How did this novel start?
Very very promising!

We had a straight man and woman madly in love!
The problem? The man’s best friend was also in love with the woman. Oh! Drama on the horizont! Ta-da-da-dummm!

It all started when the other man kissed the bride to be-on her wedding day-making her husband to be take off to parts unknown. The bride and best man hit it off in the aftermath, and all is well in paradise with a new love blooming!
That is...until the almost husband returned ad decided to figh
Booklover, Indianapolis
(April) More like 1.5* I have read a couple of other OC books and from what I recall - they are forgettable sexfests. The only reason I read this is I came across a very funny review and though "nah, can't be that bad..." but oh yes it is! This trainwreck of a book is the kind of book that gives all erotica a bad name. And the sex, while plentiful (and I mean plentiful!!) is not even all that hot.

There is barely a story - on her wedding day, the best man confesses his love to the bride. She rali
Regina
Jun 12, 2012 Regina rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
**Spoilers**Just when I thought the story had a good premise going, the improbable happened: Crystal, who claimed to be in love with her fiance, Brent, finds herself in a heated kiss-fest with her soon-to-be husband's best friend, Evan, just thirty minutes before her wedding. But that's okay, right, since she's always had a certain sexual attraction to Evan. Then the groom doesn't show and of course the good friend steps in and before you know it, they're knocking boots in the honeymoon suite. O ...more
jenjn79
Rating: 2.5 / 5

By far not the worst Opal Carew book that I've read (that honor goes to Six), but this book falls short of what I want out of an erotic romance.

Series Note:
No known series connections.

Summary:
Just before Crystal's wedding is to take place her groom's best man, Evan - a friend of hers as well - confesses that he is in love with her and asks her not to get married. They share a kiss but Crystal plans to go through with the wedding. Unfortunately, her groom, Brent, sees the kiss and
Amy
Oct 07, 2013 Amy rated it did not like it
I gave up on page 63. The writing style is adolescent. I couldn't stand the dialogue when the two guys started fighting over the girl.
Do guys really have these kind of discussions with each other? This sounds more like a cat-fight between two teenage girls to me. Try to imagine two girls fighting over a guy like this, and I find it more realistic. Here's an example of the writing style (from page 59-60):

Evan watched Crystal stride away, then turned his gaze back Brent to find himself staring
Vashti
Mar 28, 2012 Vashti rated it it was ok
This was not a favorite read of mine.I should have known better that this writer is just not my cuppa.I mean,come on,on the day of your wedding to a man you supposedly loved ,his best friend comes to you and tells you that he loves you.Gee ,what is a girl supposed to do ,but admit that she has feelings for him ,sexual or otherwise and promptly begins to kiss each other.Not known to them,the fiancee sees them in a passionate kiss and leaves,thus standing her up.Well now,the sexxing begins.......s ...more
Darcy
BookKraze
Jul 05, 2013 BookKraze rated it liked it
This was one hot read! Enjoyed the beginning and the sex scenes were off the charts! I think this could have been a great read if it had more substance between the main 3 characters. I hated the fact that while on the honeymoon the author decided to throw in 2 random people to the sex mix which in my opinion negated the Love "factor"!
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
✰✰
Typical OC read with even less believable plot than most of her other books. Sexfest with any and all and two guys friend who had never had an inkling of wanting man-on-man sex are jumping cock first into the pool.

Yet I still read them or at least skim them. ;)

Shannon
Aug 22, 2012 Shannon rated it did not like it
HA this book was a joke... The words she used were cheesy and the outline and story details were horrible. I couldn't wait to finish it and give it a one star
Shayna York
Aug 28, 2015 Shayna York rated it it was amazing
Super sexy and incredibly hot!
Leigh
Feb 12, 2017 Leigh rated it liked it
This is a finely written SMUT! The barriers are down and the senses are explored.

(view spoiler)
Echo Whisper
Sep 07, 2014 Echo Whisper rated it really liked it
Shelves: whisper
☆☆☆☆

4 stars

"Crystal, you obviously share my feelings. Call off the wedding. It’s not too late."

Evan truly had impeccable timing; he at least waited until an hour before Crystal said her vows to tell her he was in love with her. She had already made her choice, but little did she know that her choice would leave her high and dry in her crisp white gown. Now she’s facing a lonely honeymoon trip with nothing to do but wallow in the disappearing act of her fiance, Brent, and dwell on what to make of
Thea Tabanas
Mar 25, 2014 Thea Tabanas rated it did not like it
Shelves: dropped
I picked this off the library self because the synopsis sounded like it was going to be a fluffy, yet angsty book. And, I didn't know that this was an erotica book.
The story started out all nice. There was something bothering me, but I ignored it because I was interested in the book.Then the first sex scene came in, and I was horrified.

There I realized that the book really has HORRIBLE syntax and diction. I read better lemon FANFICTIONS that are described in much better detail and with better wo
Tracey
Mar 03, 2012 Tracey rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica
An interesting idea, but it was not emotional, or realistic enough for me. The main female character, Crystal, has a problem with wanting what she can't have, in regards to her previous marriage and divorce, and I feel that this should have been developed more. As well as her fiance's lack of pain over her sleeping with his best friend and going on their honeymoon without him (at least at first). I felt Crystal got off way too easy, literal and figuratively. In my opinion it descended into gratu ...more
Erica
Mar 20, 2013 Erica rated it really liked it
Very sexy book. Crystal is supposed to get married today, but her fiancee's best friend Evan, and best man, tells her that he loves her. The fiancee Brent, over hears this, and sees them kissing. He leaves the wedding, and does not answer his phone. Crystal asks Evan to go with her on her honeymoon trip, and they leave. She has sex with Evan twice, and then Brent shows up, desperate to not let Crystal go. They have hot sex, menage, a little hot man-on-man action, some girl-on-girl, and plenty of ...more
Shan ~ A ~
Jul 01, 2015 Shan ~ A ~ rated it it was ok
A bit repetitive.

In the beginning there was almost no difference between the scene when Crystal had sex with Evan and when she had sex with Brent. It made it seem as though they were interchangeable.

I thought that the fact that they were all entering new ground, they should have discussed it more before going forward. I didn't like that they seemed to jump right into everything without talking it through. That seems very unrealistic.

In the end we get a Happy for now, but I was hoping to have
LaFleurBleue
Jul 29, 2013 LaFleurBleue rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica, romantica, e-book
This review might well include spoilers.
The first part let me believe there would be some romance, as the heroine is to be married with the love of her life when his best friend tells her he also has strong feelings for her. Why he had to do that just 1 hour before the wedding I could not guess. Then those two decide to go on the honeymoon together and are met with the unhappy groom to be later, once they already have jumped in the sack 5or wherever else). This was not so good for me, as she cla
Tosha Eldridge
Mar 03, 2015 Tosha Eldridge rated it really liked it
Loved it x 3! I need a "Sarah/Cade" team in my life...they can definitely teach me some new stuff. The book started out a bit slow and almost predictable but then, you get smacked in the face when Sarah shows up.

Nice.

WARNING: If you don't have an open mind or free spirit about sexual relationships, then don't read this book. You won't like it. However if you are game to try (or listen to) anything at least one, I guarantee you will revisit several scenes in this book over and over and over agai
Ali
Jul 09, 2012 Ali rated it it was ok
This is not a book I would recommend unless someone asked me for something really super slutty. The story line was weak and the chapters were pretty much just filled with sex. It was an easy, sit by the pool or on the beach, mindless read. It did not take a lot of concentration to focus on the book. It also lacked that ability to completely captivate the reader. The characters lacked depth and direction. It's sad that this book was listed in the same category as recommended for readers after rea ...more
Apr 01, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobook
I have to say that a narrator can make or break a book on audio format. The narrator that was chosen for this book was like a wet dish mop. She gave no life to the book and sounded like she had something better to do. I am a Huge audible book listener and I never return books, but unfortunately I had to return this book due to the narrator, she was killing the book. I just could not listen to her any more...
Now I know most people will read the book format and I will try that format, but the audi
Darth
Jul 19, 2016 Darth rated it did not like it
Not really my idea of a good time.

The story ended up being twice as long as it needed to be to tell it's tale - largely due to a lot of repetitive expository dialogue.

After a fairly interesting start, things devolved into a lot of "ansgty" talk, punctuated by people having improbable sex when they were facing decisions.

I know, it is supposed to be light-hearted smut, and I ought not to be over-thinking it - but for some reason all the gay sex seemed out of place and not in the least way likely
Mari
Not the best one from Opal Carew. If you want lots and lots and I mean lots of sex and almost no love and emotion then perhaps you might like this one. I didn't feel any love at all may it be from the groom or the groom's best friend or the bride. The ending was BLEH, left me unsatisfied.

The sex scenes were definitely hot and graphic but there was just not enough emotions in this book for me to like it.
Nicole
This was an interesting and very erotic read. I cant say that I read this for the story line and that being said I wasnt disappointed. The sex is hot and all over the place but the overall story line is unconvincing. The characters lack any real depth but like I said I didnt read this for the plot. I read it for the sex and given that I enjoyed it. I wouldnt read it again but it was worth it for a good, quick, steamy summer book.
Kiki
May 14, 2014 Kiki rated it really liked it
Veo q a la mayoría de los q comentaron no les gustó mucho el libro. En realidad no sé bien lo que esperaban....a mi me gusto mucho y me sorprendio, pensando claro, q cuando uno empieza a leer este tipo de libros ya sabe con qué se va a encontrar....no esperemos literatura clásica!!
Pero ya anticipando esto..,,wuawww! Q libro fuerte! Me llamó la atención lo jugado! Si tienes ganas d leer una historia con menage y muuucho mas...este es el libro, muy instructivo! ;)
Hard12luv
Jul 11, 2016 Hard12luv rated it really liked it
The style of writting was a little too choppy for me. The talk between the people didn't flow like normal. Over all the book was hot! Woman finds out that a guy is in love with her on her wedding day, than she gets left at the alter. Ends up on the honeymoon with the 2 men in her life and a few extra wildness that happen. I would stay that is one life change, wild and free honeymoon 5 times over.
Winfield
Finally looking forward to a book that has m/f, m/f/m, m/m, and f/f a little bit of everything. I hope your review is an honest one. In dire need of some sluttiness for the 4th of July.

After further reviews this book deserves 4.5 stars, the author was a little wordy at times, but the plot was intense... still thinking of Kade!!!! Smuttiness was covered, and stayed up until 2am finishing this book.
S.J. Cairns
Aug 29, 2012 S.J. Cairns rated it did not like it
I found that this book tried to hard to push the bi-sexual angle and it only threw me off.Plus, I understand these types of books do not require a believable plot or a plot-line at all, however, I felt as if this title was pushed to dabble in each possible sexual desire and it was simply unneeded. There was no focus and the random additions of the other vacationers was too much.
 Pleasures Chest
Aug 04, 2012 Pleasures Chest rated it liked it

I really liked this book. I read it in less than a day. People read erotica and then complain about plots being predictable and that it's all sex. Well, that's what a book like this is about-sex. It's well written and a decent story line. The sex scenes are sizzling. I love Opal Carew's work; it's awesome!
Josephine
Nov 14, 2016 Josephine added it
Shelves: dnf
The premise wasn't convincing, it was frustrating that every single person (men and women) who met the heroine wanted to have sex with her (and did), and I didn't buy into the relationship between the heroine and the heroes. I also found the dialogue unrealistic, and at times, cheesy. This was a DNF for me.
  • Phantoms' Pleasure (Circle of Three, #3)
  • Belonging to the Steer Brothers (Cape Falls #2)
  • Past Midnight (DeKnight, #1)
  • Serving Him
  • Sexcapades
  • Tease Me
  • Desire's Edge (Edge, #2)
  • The Switch
  • A Gentleman's Wager (Scandalous Seductions, #1)
  • Bonds of Desire (Wicked Play, #3)
  • Dare to be Dirty (Dirty Girls Book Club, #2)
  • Shared
  • Love's Evolution
  • Claudine
  • Raising the Stakes (Three of a Kind, #2)
  • The Darker Side of Pleasure
  • Show Me The Ropes (Lothario, #2)
  • What She Needs
206712
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Opal Carew loves cats, Zentangle, and wild nail polish!

More about Opal Carew...