Start by marking “Derwood, Inc” as Want to Read:
Derwood, Inc

Derwood, Inc (Peabody Series)

Derwood Inc. by Jeri Massi When Penny Derwood and her seventh-grade class tour a button factory, she accidentally gets involved in a mystery that she and her brother, Jack, are determined to unravel. In their efforts to solve the mystery, they undergo a series of hilarious adventures and at the same time begin to learn something about teamwork, family unity, and accepting ...more
Published January 29th 2008 by BJU Press (first published June 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Derwood, Inc, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Derwood, Inc

Olivia
Jun 02, 2015 Olivia rated it it was amazing
This had been laughing almost on every page, along with good lessons the Derwood's learn along the way. Although geared toward younger readers, this is a nice, easy read for adults as well
Stephen
Apr 02, 2014 Stephen rated it it was amazing
The tall bookcase wavered from the push it had received. The topmost books plopped gracefully to the floor, and then the whole thing fell forwards with a crash. Right across the bed.
"Oh, no." Jack groaned.
As if in agreement, the bed suddenly broke.
"It was the giant killer octopus!" Freddy gasped. "And it didn't have any sugar!"
From downstairs we heard the front door open. "Kids? Anybody home?"
It never fails. Things can go well for two solid hours, and the one minute when everything falls apart
Bekah
Nov 23, 2013 Bekah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is book is amazing! My Mom read it aloud to us for reading time and we enjoyed it so much! There was never a dull moment in the Derwood home, and it kept us laughing. I liked how the family always pulled together through the rough times and trusted God. I LOVED this book and recommend it to all ages!
Ruth
Aug 23, 2013 Ruth rated it liked it
As a child, I would have rated this a full five stars: I loved the story and read the book repeatedly. As an adult now reading this to my charges, I realize that the book is structurally flawed and redundant at times. But the characters are still as lovable as ever, and none of the kids I've read this book to have ever noticed the book's few weaknesses.

Long live the Orphans Only club.
Linda Sammaritan
Feb 14, 2015 Linda Sammaritan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-lit
I used this book while teaching fifth grade reading for years. Roll-on-the-floor laughter (yes, literally, for several students!)made kids hungry for more great reading adventures.
Andrea Evans
Aug 09, 2016 Andrea Evans rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile
Goodreads: Where you discover that book you read in 6th grade, but couldn't remember the title.
Natalya
Apr 12, 2010 Natalya rated it it was amazing
re-read April 11 2014
R.
Jul 11, 2016 R. rated it it was amazing
This book evokes emotions ranging from laughter-crying to breath-holding suspense. Definitely a book to read as a family.
Keri (JD)
Jul 01, 2009 Keri (JD) rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Keri (JD) by: mom
I have read this book many many times, at first i resisted reading this book my mom got me, but once I read it I discovered adventure and capture and wholesome fun. MUST READ for childrens lit fans.
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
I loved this book as a kid! I read it over and over.
Nicci
Sep 23, 2013 Nicci rated it liked it
As a kid this would have been 5 stars hands down. As an adult I still like the book, but would probably give it 3 stars. So, 4 is my compromise.
Apr 16, 2016 Sarah added it
another class book that I did NOT like
Mya Hauer
May 09, 2015 Mya Hauer rated it it was ok
I read this in elementary school, it's an easy read for kids who are just getting into books
Sam
Sep 05, 2007 Sam added it
One of the best children's books ever!
Steven
Sep 28, 2007 Steven rated it really liked it
This entire series was full of mistery and suspence(at least for a kid the age I was when I read them) and I could not put them down.
Angela
Feb 17, 2012 Angela rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 9+
I really enjoyed this series! Some children try to solve mysteries, and learn about God.
Jules
Jun 23, 2011 Jules added it
I really didn't like this book! It made me bored and dragged on.
Alani Morris
Jun 21, 2016 Alani Morris rated it it was amazing
In this book it's funny, sometimes it can be a little sad, but it is a great book. If your close to the end it's sad but than its a happy ending!
Jessica
Mar 29, 2010 Jessica is currently reading it
i read this book like a million years ago...so i'm reading it again, i guess...i might not even finish it lawl. \m/(//o^)\m/ rock on.
Elizabeth Turner
Elizabeth Turner rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2013
Allison Tebo
Allison Tebo rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2016
Samara
Samara rated it it was ok
Jul 02, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2013
Caroline
Caroline rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2010
Elmer Stoltzfus
Elmer Stoltzfus rated it it was ok
Jul 04, 2016
Laura rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2012
Holland
Holland rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2016
Mara C Nail
Mara C Nail rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2014
Bethany Fehr
Bethany Fehr rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Eleanor
Eleanor rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2011
From Jeri Massi 1 7 Dec 25, 2012 03:18AM
  • A Father's Promise
  • Peanut Butter Friends In A Chop Suey World (Light Line)
  • The Toy Campaign (Spirit Flyer, #2)
  • Trial by Poison: Mary Slessor
  • Rainbow Garden
  • Tell Me the Secrets: Treasures for Eternity
  • Titus: A Comrade of the Cross
  • Tales of the Resistance (Tales of the Kingdom, #2)
  • The Shadow And Night (The Lamb Among the Stars, #1-2)
  • Missionary Stories with the Millers (Miller Family)
  • My Life as a Smashed Burrito (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #1)
  • Mystery of the Silver Coins (Viking Quest, #2)
  • The Adventures of Reddy Fox
  • Still Sovereign: Contemporary Perspectives on Election, Foreknowledge, and Grace
  • The Winter Rescue (Sugar Creek Gang, #3)
  • Arabian Winds (Egypt Trilogy #1)
  • Two-Minute Mysteries
  • Daniel Boone: Young Hunter and Tracker
Jeri Massi is the author of the Schizophrenic Christianity, Secret Radio, the Peabody Adventures series and the Bracken Trilogy. In 2003, her novel VALKYRIES, published by Moody Press, was nominated for the Christy Award.

Although she began her career writing fiction, in 2001 Jeri set aside fiction writing to pursue justice on behalf of victims of clergy sexual abuse in Christian Fundamentalist ch
More about Jeri Massi...