Start by marking “Derwood, Inc” as Want to Read:
Derwood, Inc

Derwood, Inc (Peabody Series)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  182 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Derwood Inc. by Jeri Massi When Penny Derwood and her seventh-grade class tour a button factory, she accidentally gets involved in a mystery that she and her brother, Jack, are determined to unravel. In their efforts to solve the mystery, they undergo a series of hilarious adventures and at the same time begin to learn something about teamwork, family unity, and accepting ...more
Published January 29th 2008 by BJU Press (first published June 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Derwood, Inc, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Derwood, Inc

Stephen
The tall bookcase wavered from the push it had received. The topmost books plopped gracefully to the floor, and then the whole thing fell forwards with a crash. Right across the bed.
"Oh, no." Jack groaned.
As if in agreement, the bed suddenly broke.
"It was the giant killer octopus!" Freddy gasped. "And it didn't have any sugar!"
From downstairs we heard the front door open. "Kids? Anybody home?"
It never fails. Things can go well for two solid hours, and the one minute when everything falls apart
Olivia Rooney
This had been laughing almost on every page, along with good lessons the Derwood's learn along the way. Although geared toward younger readers, this is a nice, easy read for adults as well
Linda Sammaritan
I used this book while teaching fifth grade reading for years. Roll-on-the-floor laughter (yes, literally, for several students!)made kids hungry for more great reading adventures.
Mya Hauer
I read this in elementary school, it's an easy read for kids who are just getting into books
Ruth
As a child, I would have rated this a full five stars: I loved the story and read the book repeatedly. As an adult now reading this to my charges, I realize that the book is structurally flawed and redundant at times. But the characters are still as lovable as ever, and none of the kids I've read this book to have ever noticed the book's few weaknesses.

Long live the Orphans Only club.
Bekah
This is book is amazing! My Mom read it aloud to us for reading time and we enjoyed it so much! There was never a dull moment in the Derwood home, and it kept us laughing. I liked how the family always pulled together through the rough times and trusted God. I LOVED this book and recommend it to all ages!
Keri (JD)
Jul 01, 2009 Keri (JD) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Keri (JD) by: mom
I have read this book many many times, at first i resisted reading this book my mom got me, but once I read it I discovered adventure and capture and wholesome fun. MUST READ for childrens lit fans.
Nicci Fillinger
As a kid this would have been 5 stars hands down. As an adult I still like the book, but would probably give it 3 stars. So, 4 is my compromise.
Jessica
Mar 29, 2010 Jessica is currently reading it
i read this book like a million years ago...so i'm reading it again, i guess...i might not even finish it lawl. \m/(//o^)\m/ rock on.
Steven
This entire series was full of mistery and suspence(at least for a kid the age I was when I read them) and I could not put them down.
Angela
Mar 28, 2012 Angela rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 9+
I really enjoyed this series! Some children try to solve mysteries, and learn about God.
Jules
Jun 23, 2011 Jules added it
I really didn't like this book! It made me bored and dragged on.
Kailey
I loved this book as a kid! I read it over and over.
Sam
Sep 05, 2007 Sam added it
One of the best children's books ever!
Julia Sparrow
Julia Sparrow marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Luke Nelson
Luke Nelson marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
India Birl
India Birl marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Amelia
Amelia added it
Jun 18, 2015
From Jeri Massi 1 7 Dec 24, 2012 06:18PM
  • A Father's Promise
  • Peanut Butter Friends In A Chop Suey World (Light Line)
  • Trial by Poison: Mary Slessor
  • Rainbow Garden
  • The Magic Bicycle (Spirit Flyer, #1)
  • Titus: A Comrade of the Cross
  • Intimate Friendship with God: Through Understanding the Fear of the Lord
  • Tell Me the Secrets: Treasures for Eternity
  • Mountain Born
  • Missionary Stories with the Millers (Miller Family)
  • C. T. Studd, Cricketer and Pioneer
  • The Autobiography of Charles G. Finney: The Life Story of America's Great Evangelist-In His Own Words
  • Tales of the Resistance (Tales of the Kingdom, #2)
  • Destined for the Throne
  • The Shadow And Night (The Lamb Among the Stars, #1-2)
  • The Institutes of Biblical Law, Volume 1 of 3
  • The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
  • Captive Heart (Trade Winds #1)
Jeri Massi is the author of the Schizophrenic Christianity, Secret Radio, the Peabody Adventures series and the Bracken Trilogy. In 2003, her novel VALKYRIES, published by Moody Press, was nominated for the Christy Award.

Although she began her career writing fiction, in 2001 Jeri set aside fiction writing to pursue justice on behalf of victims of clergy sexual abuse in Christian Fundamentalist ch
More about Jeri Massi...
The Bridge (Bracken Trilogy, #1) Crown and Jewel (Bracken Trilogy, #2) The Two Collars (Bracken Trilogy, #3) A Dangerous Game Llamas on the Loose