Start by marking “Listen to Your Heart” as Want to Read:
Listen to Your Heart

Listen to Your Heart

With her parents gone, her twin sister, Kitty, about to be married, and no hint of Mr. Right on the horizon, Josie Dupre is lonesome. Luckily, she has her booming New Orleans catering business, and her fluffy white dog, Rosie, to keep her company.

Audio CD
Published May 25th 2005 by Brilliance Audio (first published April 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Listen to Your Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Listen to Your Heart

Elena
May 30, 2012 Elena rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is how it starts off: The hero comes to heroine's place with his big dog who makes a mess. Her dog jumps at the man's throat and the heroine verbally attacks the poor man, threatening him with a gun because his dog ripped up her dog's toy?!!?!?!?!?
Ummmm ok ?! Starts off DEMENTED!

Another thing - i am actually listening to the AudioBook > the narrator sounds like she has a speech impediment (i'm really sorry and no offence meant-i've listened to her before and she did NOT sound like this
Cyndy Aleo
Jun 17, 2012 Cyndy Aleo rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Fern Michaels has been a bestselling romance author for decades, and I hadn't read a single one of her books. With Listen to Your Heart , I can now say I have read one of her books. I don't expect that number to increase any time soon.

Listen to Your Heart is set in a pre-Hurricane Katrina New Orleans, which Michaels insists on calling N'Awlins for at least the first half of the book, in case you don't understand that people from Louisiana have an accent. (NOTE MY BLANK AND POINTED STARE). She
Arlith
Aug 09, 2007 Arlith rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Most of it envolves people chasing after their dogs. The two dogs like each other, so the dog's owners fall in love. There's a touch of supernatural stuff about this too...her dead mother's perfume can be smelled sometimes. To me, this book was trying to be too many things, and didn't suceed with any of them.
Michelle
Nov 07, 2008 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Listen To Your Heart
Fern Michaels
Contempory Romnace
214 pages
copyright: 2000
isbn: 1-57566-572-7

Then, with all the subtlety of Bourbon Street at Mardi Gras, a jumbo-sized Boxer destroys Josie's flowering windowboxes, and in the process, brazenly captures
Margo Mestey
Page 184...... That's how far I was able to force myself to read. I've never liked bad reviews, I thought if you don't like it don't read it. But I was wrong. I genuinely enjoy reading. And for the most part find something great from any book regardless the genre. But I can't for the life of me make it through this one.

First book that I've read by Fern Michaels. If the others read like this than I'm packing up the books. The characters read like they were nervous so there for rambled most of the
Amylou1977
Jun 21, 2008 Amylou1977 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a good book

about:
This delightful story about orphaned twin sisters is set in New Orleans where Josie and Kitty Dupr run a catering business. With Kitty about to get married, Josie finds herself alone and at a crossroads. At times, Josie feels that their deceased mother is trying to send her a message. She senses her presence and smells her mother's cologne.

On the eve of the hectic spring catering season, Josie's life is turned upside down by the arrival of mysterious Paul Brouillette and his r
Margaret
Nov 29, 2012 Margaret rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I checked into Goodreads today to see if I am the only person who thinks this is a 'badread'. I'm about 30 percent through the book on my Kindle and wanting to quit. And it's extremely rare for me not finish a book once I've started. But thanks to the previous posters who have confirmed my opinion, I'm going to say life is to short to keep reading such drivel. The whole thing with the dogs is just idiotic(and I am a dog lover!) . Josie writes a food column and creates recipes and is such a bad c ...more
Julie
Oct 21, 2011 Julie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book as a $0.99 deal for my Kindle and was excited to finally something of Fern Michaels' books. I love it when I find an author who has a ton of books that I haven't read yet.

Unfortunately, this book was so scattered and haphazard that it became a joke! There were just too many situations in the book that didn't make sense and made the book terrible. (Perhaps the biggest blunder was Paul meeting his long-lost niece and sweeping her away from her home. Who in their right mind would
Bronwyn Rykiert
Not one of Fern Michael's best effor but it is an okay read.

Josie and Kitty Depre are twins who live in New Orleans and they have been left a catering business by their parents. Kitty is the cook and Josie does the rest as she cannot cook. Kitty is about to get married and Josie realises that she be on her own then.

Bargining Into her life comes entrepreneur Paul Brouillette when his boxer goes through their screen door after her maltese terrier. The dogs fall in love instantly and are hard to pa
Lena
Apr 18, 2013 Lena rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I felt the plot was too predictable and I could hardly relate to the main character. She actually annoyed me as I read more and more about her. I did enjoy the fact that it was set in New Orleans, and I can imagine which homes they were in, but that was the only saving grace. She was descriptive of the setting and the flowers and the smells, and that made me homesick, but the characters could have been described better.
An easy pool read, but not something I would buy if it were any more than $0
Kathy
Jan 02, 2010 Kathy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Sweet romance, but it stutters.. why does Paul need to be mugged and hospitalized for 2 weeks, and he doesn't call anyone? what's going on with Kitty's sister's romance? would a long last neice at a drop of a hat leave her home with her 3 year old son to go with an uncle she didn't know? Why did the elderly aunts come to work for the catering service for all of 3 days? but in the end... everyone lives happily ever after.
Michelle Gilmore
I finished Listen to Your Heart by Fern Michaels. I really enjoyed it. Like all romances, it was little silly at times. But it was a light and easy read, with some humorous moments. I'd recommend this book for anyone, dog lovers especially, that's looking for something light and easy to read.
Beyond the Pages
Feb 18, 2014 Beyond the Pages rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed this story. I opted to listen to the audio version. I don't think I have ever laughed so much with a book. It was delightful. The Louisiana flavor and style were infectious. The way the author weaved the storyline together was seriously captivating. I totally would have given this book a five star rating were it not for the cussin (That's a Southern term.). Surely no good woman worth her salt would ever do such a thing...out loud that is. Lol. ;-)
Brooke
Feb 07, 2012 Brooke rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had never read a "romance novel" that wasn't considered "chick-lit" so I gave it a shot. I now know why. They guy had a pony tail and they fell in love because their dogs (ugh, dogs) liked each other. I swear. I couldn't make it up. So much for broadening my horizons. Maybe there's good romance out there, this wasn't it for me. It's kind of like cream of wheat... oh wait, I'm quoting Tina Fey again.
Sarah Lewis
Dec 06, 2007 Sarah Lewis rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes a cute romance
It was the first Fern Michaels I've read. I will definitely read more. The book was about this woman who has a twin sister and they run their own catering business. When their parents died suddenly they both came home and took over the business. Josie and Paul meet in a frenzy with their dogs falling in love. The only way to get their dogs to do anything is to set up dates for the dogs, which leds to more incounters for them. I thought it would make a great Hallmark movie.
Sandie
Jul 30, 2014 Sandie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love stories that turn out the way I would like even though I wasn't so sure at the beginning.. The twins figured out what was right in their lives and pushed forward to make it happen. In the process, they save more lives than their own... A wonderful read..
Michelle
Jul 23, 2011 Michelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not a book that I would normally read, but my mom left this after visiting. It is a light, "beach" read. I liked the character of Josie, but found the plot rather predictable. There were a few inconsistencies as well. Overall, I would say this was a decent read.
~KarenH~
This was a sweet story, and I loved the "puppy love" aspect of it, but it suffered from the same affliction that a lot of novellas do - it was just too short. It would have been a much better story if about 50 pages were added so the characters and plot could have been developed more fully.
Beverly
Mar 02, 2012 Beverly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fun to read but silly at the same time. One must suspend belief in order to read this book. A top executive gets mugged and doesn't call anyone to let them know he is all right? People trust perfect strangers to watch their dogs and change their lives. Have fun.
Jeanne
Feb 11, 2013 Jeanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fern Michaels is known for including dogs into her story lines--this book, however, seemed to center mostly around the dogs!! A little different than what I’ve encountered in her other novels I’ve read, but was an enjoyable listening experience!!
Jennifer Worry
Jan 03, 2014 Jennifer Worry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Fern Michaels.
Michelle Stevens
Aug 03, 2016 Michelle Stevens rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this a adorable romance that is a fast read,
Marnie
Dec 22, 2011 Marnie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Cute. Hearwarming, predictable, and nice easy read.
Jacqueline J Cross
Loved it!

I recommend this book and author because for me, with all the stresses in life, it's refreshing to read these light hearted, happy stories. They really take the edge off.
Janet
Nov 09, 2009 Janet rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was silly. It was corny. But the recipes in the back look very tempting. I copied them cause it isn't my book. And I'll try them.
Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Joy
Jun 23, 2013 Joy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy, quick reading. Predictable. Liked the recipes in the back of the book; going to try a couple of them.
Carla Wells
Mar 27, 2016 Carla Wells rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good book.
Short novella, but wrenches at your heart.
LOVE FERN MICHAELS
Lucy Bilik
Mar 14, 2011 Lucy Bilik rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This was a great book about twin sisters who are opposites in character. Wonderful funny story line. Great easy read love story!
Jen Taylor
Jul 27, 2011 Jen Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not Fern's best work. I thought it was rushed and there were too many coincidences.
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • River Road (Callahan Brothers, #2)
  • Hearts Divided: 5-B Poppy Lane\The Apple Orchard\Liberty Hall (Cedar Cove, #5.5)
  • Sweeter Savage Love (Creole Historical, #2)
  • The Wilder Sisters
  • Dog Collar Crime (Lucie Rizzo Mystery, #1)
  • Before Her Eyes
  • The 19th Element (James Becker, #1)
  • Hex and the Single Girl
  • Waiter, There's a Clue in My Soup! Five Short Mysteries
  • Dear Cupid (Texas Heat Wave, #2)
  • Touched By Angels (Touched By Angels, #1)
  • Pay the Piper (Pennyfoot Hotel #7)
  • Marrying Missy
  • The Instant When Everything is Perfect
  • In the Lion's Mouth
  • JFK: The CIA, Vietnam and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy
  • Remember Me (Darlington and Montgomery Families, #1)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I ...more
More about Fern Michaels...