Start by marking “Dinos in the Snow!” as Want to Read:
Dinos in the Snow!

Dinos in the Snow!

3.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  73 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
In this lively and hilarious rhyming story, wacky dinosaurs glide and slide, sled and ski in their winter wonderland. Whether they're dodging snowballs or hitting the slopes, they know how to have fun in the snow. Full color.
Published October 1st 2005 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Dinos in the Snow!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dinos in the Snow!

Kathryn
Apr 08, 2011 Kathryn rated it liked it
Shelves: for-my-boys
This is another children's book with a compromised final rating, with my boys maybe going up to 4 stars and me firmly remaining at 2 stars. The illustrations were excellent but I quickly became tired of reading the phrase Dinos in the snow! There they go!.
Jared White
Jan 15, 2016 Jared White rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This one may actually be a 3.5 in my book. I really enjoy the text and the illustrations are fun, but I'm not an absolute fan of the pics. There was some aspect of the style I wasn't a complete fan of.

It's not so much of a progressional story as a series of different dinos enjoying various snow activities but it's still really fun. The rhyming text makes it an enjoyable read aloud (though, if you're like me, you may want to practice a few of the dino names beforehand, because have been tinkered
Rosa Cline
Jan 02, 2015 Rosa Cline rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, winter
Cute storybook with equally cute illustrations to go with it. The illustrations kept my almost 3 year old entertained while I read the story to her. Some of the story is rhyme which is nice and others isn't. Dinosaurs are playing all kinds of outdoor activities in the snow and the story follows them having fun.
Nanci Booher
I'm a huge fan of Karma Wilson. This book, told in rhyming text, is about the dino's playing in the snow. I wish it would have arrived in time for winter but I think that it is still storytime worthy seeing as how kids love dinosaurs. A great addition to the collection!
Kara Anderson
Mar 27, 2014 Kara Anderson rated it it was amazing
I think I enjoy reading this just as much as my son.
Kelsey Yates
Mar 05, 2015 Kelsey Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
fun text and fun pictures
Cherese
Jan 15, 2011 Cherese rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime
This is a crowd pleaser! If you are doing a winter/ winter sports themed storytime, this is a must. The fun illustrations and the rhyming, sometimes alliterative text, engages preschoolers. I have never read this book without being asked to read it a second time!
Kelly
Jan 18, 2011 Kelly added it
Shelves: picture-book
Not quite the same magic as Bear Snores On, as in not as good of rhythm or cuteness, but the illustrations were bold and silly. I like how it showed the mess/problems with dinos doing activities in the snow like humans do.
Aleisha Pendleton
Dec 05, 2013 Aleisha Pendleton marked it as to-read
It was a very fun book to read aloud. However, there really wasn't an underlying lesson. It would be great to teach students about poetry and rhyming.
Relyn
Jan 28, 2013 Relyn rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: preschool teachers
A bit young for my students. Preschools would love it, I think.
Urmysunshine
Urmysunshine rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Sheryl Martin
Sheryl Martin rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Jeslyn Zhou
Jeslyn Zhou rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Colby Harris
Colby Harris rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Tracy Mallett
Tracy Mallett rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Meg
Meg added it
Dec 01, 2015
Melanie Dell
Melanie Dell rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Beth Kulp
Beth Kulp rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2015
J
J added it
Oct 20, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2015
Matthew
Matthew rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Tammy Ferebee
Tammy Ferebee rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2015
Olivia Hutchings
Olivia Hutchings rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2015
Karley Sherman
Karley Sherman rated it really liked it
May 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Karma Wilson grew up an only child of a single mother in the wilds of North Idaho. Way back then (just past the stone age and somewhat before the era of computers) there was no cable TV and if there had been Karma could not have recieved it. TV reception was limited to 3 channels, of which one came in with some clarity. Karma did the only sensible thing a lonely little girl could do…she read or pl ...more
More about Karma Wilson...