Dismiss Could not find this book.

Start by marking “Haddie's in Our Closet!” as Want to Read:
Haddie's in Our Closet!

Read eBook

Haddie's in Our Closet!

With this book, J.H. Soeder continues his tradition of amazing his readers with gems plucked from his grab-basket of very out-of-the-ordinary true experiences. Who ever heard of a heartwarming, belly-laugh-provoking, reality-stretching, conscience-pricking, stereotype-busting true ghost story about a 150-year-old African American nanny ... who slept in the author’s and his ...more
Published July 19th 2011 by Createspace (first published July 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Haddie's in Our Closet!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haddie's in Our Closet!

J.H. Soeder
Jul 20, 2011 J.H. Soeder rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
According to the International Association for Near Death Studies, it states that “(life after death) …is a very popular interpretation, although there is no "proof" in a statistical sense and no consensus of opinion. A more cautious explanation is that near death experiences suggest that some aspect of human consciousness may continue after physical death. No means currently exists to demonstrate whether this speculation is true.”

His new book shakes the foundation of the above assertion and unc
Charlotte Liebel
Jan 06, 2012 Charlotte Liebel rated it it was amazing

[Review by Charlotte M. Liebel 2011

Introduction: It is not unusual to reject an unfamiliar experience such as believing in the presence of living ghosts. However, some unexplained occurrences do happen. In J.H. Soeder's biography at Goodreads.com - “Jon’s real story is about his quest to understand his true path and his place in life in relation to his amazing experiences...” It is, therefore, my opinion that those of an open mind will be entertained and enl
Sep 16, 2011 Cassie rated it really liked it
I got this book as a giveaway & I really enjoyed it. I liked how understand the characters were toward Hattie. Her being so out of touch with what goes on in the world and asking so many questions, most people wouldn't have put up with her! I also liked how indulgent the wife was, because i don't believe many people would actually believe her husband when he said some dead lady was trying to talk to him! Plus her actually participating in a conversation with someone should couldn't see!

I us
Aug 07, 2011 Carl rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Haddie's in Our Closet and I really enjoyed it. I downloaded it to my HTC Evo phone Kindle app.
John's stories never cease to amaze me. I too was a Topper fan as a child. But when you take that premise out of the fiction category and put it into real life, it has some amazing implications. It will make you question some of your stable datums on the afterlife, spirits and ghosts.
John and Nadine's handling of the situation was heart warming and filled with kindly lessons o
Sep 08, 2011 Casandra rated it really liked it
Well I got this book in the mail as a first read. It was a REALLY easy quick read (about 2 hours). It is a sweet story at that, but for me it could have had a bit more "meat" to it. I am not sure if this book was suppose to be a short story/novella or not but it was kind of choppy to me. Also it was a bit to "new age" for me, but that did not take away from the sweet story behind all that. Over all I would say that if you want a quick read to take to the beach or an afternoon by the pool this wo ...more
Sep 05, 2011 Diane rated it really liked it
Found this to be a well written story of the author and his wife's encounter with a 150 year old ghost named Haddie. This was a fast read.

They meet her when attending a family wedding. John tell how he and his wife handle this encounter with Haddie and explains

how they answer Haddie's questions of life now compared to 150 years ago.

The story will warm your heart, make you laugh and at times cry.
Well worth reading.
Jul 31, 2011 Marie rated it it was amazing
A well written book of the Author's ( and his wife's) personal account with a friendly ghost who they coincidentally met whilst they were away attending to a family wedding. I highly recommend this book, it is very unique it will make you laugh and cry! I read it all within a day.
I've not seen or read a book like it anywhere else, you'll be glad you purchased it, it’s well worth the money spent!
Sep 20, 2011 Jeannie rated it really liked it
"Haddie's in Our Closet"by J.H. Soeder Centers around Haddie a 150 Yr old ghost that is able to communicate with a man and his wife and follows them home. She sees so many new things that wasn't around in her time and has many questions(sometimes to many)!I really liked Haddie and would loved more of her story!A enjoyable quick read!~ ~~ :) ...more
Trisha Kirkendoll
Sep 01, 2011 Trisha Kirkendoll rated it really liked it
A very well written book of the Author's and his wife's dealings with a friendly ghost who they met while attending a family wedding. Their handling of the situation was wonderfully heartwarming and filled with life lessons. It will make you question your beliefs of afterlife, spirits, and ghost.
Sep 26, 2011 Dee rated it it was amazing
I won this book through the Goodreads First-reads giveaway program,Thank You!"Haddie's in Our Closet" by J.H. Soeder is a fun quick read! The story is humorous and very heart warming!! I really enjoyed reading this book!!I highly recommend!!
Crystal Waltenbaugh
I liked this book it was a quick read just enough to keep me busy while i waited for my daughter to get out of school. I liked the way he tried to compare life 150nyears ago to the way we live now.
Jul 27, 2011 D.E. rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: ghost story fans, psychic phenom fans, spiritual fans, Christians
To know what I think, buy the book and read the Foreword, which I wrote! I loved this book - it is one of the most amazing true ghost stories I ever heard of. Heart-warming and funny as can be.
Aug 15, 2011 Cara marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-read
I won this book!
Libby Dorsey
Libby Dorsey rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2015
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Christine rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2013
Chit Moe
Chit Moe is currently reading it
Oct 18, 2013
Sandy marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte Phillips
Charlotte Phillips marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2012
Janice CA
Janice CA marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2012
Sara Prior
Sara Prior rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2011
Penny marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2011
Jαℓчη marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2011
Carissa marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2011
Ron McGhee
Ron McGhee marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2011
Linda marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2011
Melynda Mckearan
Melynda Mckearan marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Jon Soeder has in many ways lived many lives, all in one lifetime. A resident of Southern California since birth, except for his studies at the University of Miami in Florida, he initially intended to become a marine biologist. The story of how he arrived at a different calling is revealed in one of his stories of amazing sequential events which are described in Fingers in the Light. These events ...more
More about J.H. Soeder...