Start by marking “Katheryn's Secret (A Tale of Three Mysteries #3)” as Want to Read:
Katheryn's Secret (A Tale of Three Mysteries #3)

Katheryn's Secret (Coast of Maine #3)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Mystery writer Sharon Colebrook finds herself the unexpected recipient of her deceased Aunt Katie's papers, and hopes to learn about a murder Katie had hinted at years before. But as Sharon and her husband Jeff head from the west coast of Canada to the east coast of Maine to begin to investigate, the carefully kept facade of her strict religious family begins to crumble. S ...more
Published (first published January 27th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Katheryn's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Katheryn's Secret

Eric Wright
The main character in this book, Sharon, a successful author from Vancouver, seems to reflect the career and hopes of the book’s author. Sharon Sullivan Colebrook is offered a chance to have her Summer Whitney series chosen to become a TV program. She is being pressured to produce another in the series by a certain date. At this juncture she receives word of an inheritance that will plunge her into a real world mystery. She leaves Vancouver with her husband, a news editor, to travel to Maine to ...more
Nadine
Linda Hall had a unique way of presenting her story. The mystery kind of sneaked up on me, and then suddenly it was all there and began to be solved in bits and pieces.
Jeanette
Another book that takes place at a beach. Really enjoyed it. Lots of mystery.
Maid4life
One of my favorites so far from this author!
Diana
The main character, Sharon Colebrook, is an author of a successful mystery book series. Her Aunt Katie dies and leaves her and her estranged brother the cottage in Maine. Sharon and her husband, Jeff, travel to Maine to settle the estate. As Sharon reads through Katie’s papers, she realizes she wants to write a biographical novel about her aunt’s colourful life. As they delve into the family history, they unearth family secrets which have long been buried. Ghosts, shame, pride, murder, and misun ...more
Mallory
Heather
Sadly, I didn't enjoy this nearly as well as I hoped. Linda Hall certainly has a fine writing style, but I didn't connect with the characters; they just seemed whiny for most of the book, but the whininess never paid off. I also found a few of plot/character developments felt unfinished at the end of the book. I guess I've been spoiled with other great writers I've read recently. So, overall, I found the story underdeveloped and the emotions did not ring true to me.
Barbara Derksen
I loved the mystery of a murder committed long ago that is uncovered in Kathryn's Secret and it's continuing affects on the people involved. Secrets keep people in bondage and it's wonderful to see how, once the secret is revealed, how people change. Good job, Linda.
Krista
A skeleton or twelve have been uncovered in a beach house left to a neice of a storytelling spinster. Sharon has to sift through memories os stories to find one real one about a murder, then try to solve it years later.
Sheila
Mix of suspense and mystery Sharon ends up with her aunts home that has a ghost that haunts her until with the help of long lost friends help her uncover. Good book.
Barbara Campbell
Different.. overall enjoyed the story.. there were issues where that the author and I don't agree on and that marred the book a bit for me.
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Nancy Ellefson
Nancy Ellefson marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Kim Geurts
Kim Geurts marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Donna
Donna added it
Dec 04, 2014
Kaylene
Kaylene marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
NewAppleBookAwards
NewAppleBookAwards marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Niketa Nikol
Niketa Nikol marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Jknick
Jknick marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I write mystery novels and short stories. So far I have 20 in print - with more coming. My newest mystery series begins with Night Watch and introduces my new series character, boat captain Em Ridge.

Other series include the Corporal Roger Sheppard mysteries, The Teri Blake-Addison PI thrillers and the Fog Point mysteries, as well as a number of romantic suspense novels and short stories.

For infor
More about Linda Hall...

Coast of Maine (2 books)
  • Steal Away (Teri Blake-Addison Mystery Series)
Steal Away (Teri Blake-Addison Mystery Series) Sadie's Song (Coast of Maine, #4) Black Ice (Fog Point, #2) Dark Water (Fog Point, #1) Chat Room (Teri Blake-Addison Mystery Series)