Start by marking “All My Friends Are Still Dead” as Want to Read:
All My Friends Are Still Dead

All My Friends Are Still Dead (All my friends... #2)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  2,422 ratings  ·  227 reviews
From the authors of the breakout best seller All my friends are dead (more than 100,000 copies sold) comes a brand-new illustrated compendium of the humorous existential ruminations of people, animals, legendary monsters, and inanimate objects.
Published March 7th 2012 by Chronicle Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about All My Friends Are Still Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All My Friends Are Still Dead

look who's back!

this book was fun like the first one, although i tend to disapprove of sequels to books like these. i just bet that if you put your mind to it, you can come up with something else funny that you can extend into a short humorous book perfect for gift-giving. don't just trade in on the same joke again. impress me with your diversity! now!

having said that, there are still some cute drawings in here, and some good variations on the theme.

i like the manic expression on that worm, for
Florencia Brino
This guy did it again. A hilarious book that I wished it was longer (is that remotely correct?). Loved it. Loneliness is a serious matter, I should know, so you must have a dark and twisted kind of humor to really enjoy this. Big fan over here.

There's people and animals complaining about having all their friends dead. There's a bored angel complaining because all his friends are still alive. All sort of objects whining because they're pathetic friendless things waiting for some affection, or bec
My favorite children's book ever (even though I won't read it to my future children personally) Just Hilarious!
Jun 19, 2015 Brea rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: humor
Not only is this a wonderfully witty and comedic little book, I was fortunate to received a "censored" copy of the book which made it all that much better. A younger reader, I presume, took it upon themselves to cover all the undesirable words in the book and replace them with more appropriate words, and quite frankly that just made the book 10x funnier. Five stars!!
After All my friends are dead, this is just... more of the same. Hard to believe that they felt the need to write a "sequel". But wait - both books are really short, so why not just combine them?

What I don't get is how this got published in the first place. Don't worry: I read these at a bookstore (and saved some money).

I don't know whether I should be happy that almost anything can be published (in case I want to write a book later) or whether I should be sad that books like this get rated so h
Everyone is like, "I went to the bookstore and read (not bought) a copy of this book!" That is too funny.

Just like the first book, the cover is the best part of the book. This shouldn't have been a book, it should have been a bloody poster. If you want to sample the best parts of All My Friends Are Dead and All My Friends Are Still Dead, then just stare at the cover and save some money (or time standing at the bookstore).

To the person that said they can't wait to have kids to read this book to
Aj toto bolo skvelé a pobavilo to :D
Okay so after reading and being in complete and unconditional love for the first one, i was really excited to read the sequel.

My expectations were really high and i was so ready to laugh my head off like i did last time, or when i read the preview online.

However this time my expectations did dwindle down, because it just wasn't as funny as i expected it to be. Is it my fault for having really high hopes? probably but i couldn't help it, i was just so excited.

Now i'm not saying it's bad because
Also read this one today at the bookstore, and it was also great (just like the first one). Probably a 4.5 rating, as it was just short of the magnificent humor of its predecessor. Favorite parts? The bacon, and the worm.

Rating: PG, 'cause like the first one it's not exactly a children's book (I don't think they'd get it).
If you've read All My Friends Are Dead, you should definitely read the sequel, All My Friends Are Still Dead and this one is just as hilariously amusing as the previous one.

Also, if you've read my review of the previous book, you should know that....

... a) All of my pregnant friends are still positively pregnant and i could already picture myself hunting for baby gifts soon and...

... b) A lot more of my friends are still positively going to get married very very soon...

I am so happy for them.

photo tumblr_inline_mvqcwzR7OO1rm28zf.gif

Read this book in the SF airport book store. I think I liked the first volume a little more, but it still made me smile.

My favorite section included BFFs toothbrush and toothpaste and their ambivalent relationship with floss. My dentist can attest that I can relate to this.
The Styling Librarian
All my friends are dead. by Avery Monsen and Jory John plus the other book: All my friends are still dead. - Way too funny for words. Fantastic. Somewhat over student's heads at times and the second book had a few more 4/5th grade humor but loved these books!!
Just as hysterical as the first one! I just stood there and read it in the bookstore (which I know you really aren't supposed to do) but its basically one sentence on each page with a picture. And it is quite funny.

*Note: not for kids.
May 31, 2014 Mary rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: funny, ya
This is a short, funny, teen/adult picture book. I thought the first one was better, but this is still amusing. If you're looking for a fun, slightly raunchy book of anecdotes, check this one out!
Jason Yang
Sequel to All My Friends Are Dead, All My Friends Are Still Dead did not leave me disappointed. Witty, charming, with non sequitur humor, this ranks up there with one of my favorites for the year.
If you happen to be a dinosaur, or a dodo bird, just remember that all your friends are dead. And if you happen to be an angel up in heaven who are bored with your surroundings, you can always descended to Earth to see humans showering or doing other private matters.

From Avery Monsen and Jory John, the authors of the breakout best seller "All My Friends Are Dead", comes a brand-new illustrated book of the humorous existential ruminations of everything.

If you’ve got friends with quirky tastes, t
Still funny. I enjoyed this one too, no better or worse than the first one.
Aside from the creepy angel, this book is just as good as the first. There were tears. The end.
Ladies and Gentlemen they've done it again...
Amaya S
This was a really funny and interesting book.
So wrong... but so funny.
This is a strange little collection of very philosophical cartoons. Some of them are single panel cartoons, spread over two small pages, but others go on for several panels and pages, telling more elaborate tales of isolation and sadness.
Somehow, this is not quite depressing. There is hope in some of the stories, and humor in the reasons for the sadness and isolation in others. From a bored angel whose friends are all still alive to the cover dinosaur, all of whose friends are still dead, death
Shivangi Yadav
While the first book was funny, this one while still funny is a tad sad and philosophical. The 'all my friends are bacon..... And we think him more as an acquaintance' is so true of current connected yet still alone times.
Overall I found the second part more sombre. And somehow the robot looking for friends bit touched my heart a lot more than the others.
Ez zseniális! :D Főleg a robotocska a bináris oldalaival…. :D
Jobban tetszett, mint a másik idióta képeskönyv! De ezt sem adnám gyerek kezébe.

It's genius! My fav. was the little robot with binary pages :D
I loved more than the 1st book, but this isn't for children too. I totally loved.
Molly Alshamar
I.. honestly don't know what to say.
If this book was written to cheer the reader up, well.. I does't..
I think this book was supposed to be funny? well.. It isn't..
Do I recommend it? well.. Nope.. nope.
I'm not sure why this book has high rating..
Jan 03, 2015 Rachel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of the 1st book
Much the same as the first book, this picture book has its odd sense of humour -somewhat dark- and quirky artwork. I particularly liked the thin storyline throughout following the robot who was trying to make friends.
I agree with Rebecca, hilarious but OUCH, some of those were a little wrong. Really loved the robot!!!! <3
This sequel is more cute than funny. I thought the authors would have run out of ideas, but they managed a pretty decent sequel. That poor robot though. And Death, don't forget death. Oh, man.
  • T-Rex Trying
  • Simon's Cat: Feed Me!
  • Dawn of the Bunny Suicides
  • Large Print (Unshelved, #8)
  • Texts from Dog
  • Reasons My Kid Is Crying
  • Awkward Family Pet Photos
  • Pat the Zombie: A Cruel (Adult) Spoof
  • Darth Vader and Son
  • Monsters Eat Whiny Children
  • Ten Little Zombies: A Love Story
  • Cam's Quest: The Continuing Story of Princess Nevermore and the Wizard's Apprentice
  • Wreck the Halls: Cake Wrecks Gets "Festive"
  • You Have to Fucking Eat
  • Boo: Little Dog in the Big City
Avery Monsen is an actor, artist, and writer who lives in New York. Right now — whenever you're reading this — he's probably eating cereal.
More about Avery Monsen...

All my friends... (2 books)
  • All My Friends Are Dead
All My Friends Are Dead K is for Knifeball: An Alphabet of Terrible Advice I Feel Relatively Neutral About New York Pirate's Log: A Handbook for Aspiring Swashbucklers