Start by marking “All My Friends Are Still Dead” as Want to Read:
All My Friends Are Still Dead

All My Friends Are Still Dead (All my friends... #2)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,733 Ratings  ·  248 Reviews
From the authors of the breakout best seller All my friends are dead (more than 100,000 copies sold) comes a brand-new illustrated compendium of the humorous existential ruminations of people, animals, legendary monsters, and inanimate objects.
Published March 7th 2012 by Chronicle Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about All My Friends Are Still Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All My Friends Are Still Dead

karen
Feb 28, 2012 karen rated it liked it
Shelves: for-laughter

look who's back!

this book was fun like the first one, although i tend to disapprove of sequels to books like these. i just bet that if you put your mind to it, you can come up with something else funny that you can extend into a short humorous book perfect for gift-giving. don't just trade in on the same joke again. impress me with your diversity! now!

having said that, there are still some cute drawings in here, and some good variations on the theme.

i like the manic expression on that worm, for
Annet
Jan 20, 2016 Annet rated it really liked it
Ah, I remember reading the first one. All my Friends are Dead. Bought it in NYC, couple of years ago, in Borders I think, saw some lady laughing her *** off in a corner of the bookshop, leafing thru the book... and people walking away with multiple copies bought from the bookstore. Presents for everyone. And I thought... have to have it too! Recently found out about this sequel, All my Friends are still dead. Still pretty d*mn funny, those cartoons. :-)
Recommended for a tragi-comical laugh.
Florencia
This guy did it again. A hilarious book that I wished it was longer (is that remotely correct?). Loved it. Loneliness is a serious matter, I should know, so you must have a dark and twisted kind of humor to really enjoy this. Big fan over here.

There's people and animals complaining about having all their friends dead. There's a bored angel complaining because all his friends are still alive. All sort of objects whining because they're pathetic friendless things waiting for some affection, or bec
Brea
Jun 19, 2015 Brea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
Not only is this a wonderfully witty and comedic little book, I was fortunate to received a "censored" copy of the book which made it all that much better. A younger reader, I presume, took it upon themselves to cover all the undesirable words in the book and replace them with more appropriate words, and quite frankly that just made the book 10x funnier. Five stars!!
Kyla Harris
Jan 09, 2015 Kyla Harris rated it it was amazing
My favorite children's book ever (even though I won't read it to my future children personally) Just Hilarious!
Kelvin
Jan 25, 2016 Kelvin rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, 2016, adult
Still pointless but it's funny and definitely better than the last one.
Scarlet Cameo
Dec 16, 2015 Scarlet Cameo rated it really liked it
Este segundo número me gusto mucho, el robot (era un robot?) me dio mucha ternura y me encanto el final con la muerte...

Tal vez no rias a carcajadas, pero me causo más gracia que el primero, tenia algunas referencias que erán un poco más tiernas y menos obvias
Martin
Jan 12, 2013 Martin rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
After All my friends are dead, this is just... more of the same. Hard to believe that they felt the need to write a "sequel". But wait - both books are really short, so why not just combine them?

What I don't get is how this got published in the first place. Don't worry: I read these at a bookstore (and saved some money).

I don't know whether I should be happy that almost anything can be published (in case I want to write a book later) or whether I should be sad that books like this get rated so h
Carly
Oct 24, 2015 Carly rated it really liked it
Me gustó muchísimo más que el primero, omg, sí me sacó carcajadas.
 Stacy
Jul 02, 2014 Stacy rated it liked it
Everyone is like, "I went to the bookstore and read (not bought) a copy of this book!" That is too funny.

Just like the first book, the cover is the best part of the book. This shouldn't have been a book, it should have been a bloody poster. If you want to sample the best parts of All My Friends Are Dead and All My Friends Are Still Dead, then just stare at the cover and save some money (or time standing at the bookstore).

To the person that said they can't wait to have kids to read this book to
Kaju Hernández
Tengo que conseguirme el primer libro.
Maggie
Aug 05, 2015 Maggie rated it liked it
Aj toto bolo skvelé a pobavilo to :D
Jasmine
Nov 24, 2015 Jasmine rated it really liked it
Hilarious
Temereani
Okay so after reading and being in complete and unconditional love for the first one, i was really excited to read the sequel.

My expectations were really high and i was so ready to laugh my head off like i did last time, or when i read the preview online.

However this time my expectations did dwindle down, because it just wasn't as funny as i expected it to be. Is it my fault for having really high hopes? probably but i couldn't help it, i was just so excited.

Now i'm not saying it's bad because
Brad
Jul 27, 2012 Brad rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny, z-2012
Also read this one today at the bookstore, and it was also great (just like the first one). Probably a 4.5 rating, as it was just short of the magnificent humor of its predecessor. Favorite parts? The bacon, and the worm.

Rating: PG, 'cause like the first one it's not exactly a children's book (I don't think they'd get it).
Leonardo
Jan 24, 2016 Leonardo rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of very dark humour
Recommended to Leonardo by: Beatrix
A hilarious and hearbreaking experience, every single page of All my friends are still dead will make you wonder "what am I laughing about?"... and then keep laughing and pondering on the dark side of life. As you read this delightful book, you'll find just how much extinct species, robots, mortician and household objects have in common... and you'll realize that, it's true, all your friends are still dead... or bacon... or glue. Aside from its obvious selling point, this book also offers severa ...more
Ash
Apr 26, 2014 Ash rated it really liked it
If you've read All My Friends Are Dead, you should definitely read the sequel, All My Friends Are Still Dead and this one is just as hilariously amusing as the previous one.

Also, if you've read my review of the previous book, you should know that....

... a) All of my pregnant friends are still positively pregnant and i could already picture myself hunting for baby gifts soon and...

... b) A lot more of my friends are still positively going to get married very very soon...

I am so happy for them.

photo tumblr_inline_mvqcwzR7OO1rm28zf.gif

Hans
Apr 14, 2012 Hans rated it really liked it
Read this book in the SF airport book store. I think I liked the first volume a little more, but it still made me smile.

My favorite section included BFFs toothbrush and toothpaste and their ambivalent relationship with floss. My dentist can attest that I can relate to this.
The Styling Librarian
Mar 22, 2013 The Styling Librarian rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books, humor
All my friends are dead. by Avery Monsen and Jory John plus the other book: All my friends are still dead. - Way too funny for words. Fantastic. Somewhat over student's heads at times and the second book had a few more 4/5th grade humor but loved these books!!
Julia
Apr 19, 2012 Julia rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-adult, humor
Just as hysterical as the first one! I just stood there and read it in the bookstore (which I know you really aren't supposed to do) but its basically one sentence on each page with a picture. And it is quite funny.

*Note: not for kids.
Mary
May 31, 2014 Mary rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, funny
This is a short, funny, teen/adult picture book. I thought the first one was better, but this is still amusing. If you're looking for a fun, slightly raunchy book of anecdotes, check this one out!
Jason Yang
Apr 08, 2012 Jason Yang rated it it was amazing
Sequel to All My Friends Are Dead, All My Friends Are Still Dead did not leave me disappointed. Witty, charming, with non sequitur humor, this ranks up there with one of my favorites for the year.
Mark
Apr 06, 2015 Mark rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-fictions
If you happen to be a dinosaur, or a dodo bird, just remember that all your friends are dead. And if you happen to be an angel up in heaven who are bored with your surroundings, you can always descended to Earth to see humans showering or doing other private matters.

From Avery Monsen and Jory John, the authors of the breakout best seller "All My Friends Are Dead", comes a brand-new illustrated book of the humorous existential ruminations of everything.

If you’ve got friends with quirky tastes, t
Sony
Mar 05, 2014 Sony rated it it was amazing
Still funny. I enjoyed this one too, no better or worse than the first one.
Bryce
Mar 08, 2012 Bryce rated it it was amazing
Aside from the creepy angel, this book is just as good as the first. There were tears. The end.
Giana
Apr 27, 2012 Giana rated it it was amazing
Ladies and Gentlemen they've done it again...
Amaya S
Dec 12, 2013 Amaya S rated it really liked it
This was a really funny and interesting book.
Rebecca
Mar 29, 2013 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
So wrong... but so funny.
Brandi
Mar 07, 2012 Brandi rated it it was amazing
Love this!!!
Isadora Moraes
Oct 04, 2015 Isadora Moraes rated it really liked it
Shelves: wishlist
  • T-Rex Trying
  • Dawn of the Bunny Suicides
  • Large Print (Unshelved, #8)
  • Simon's Cat: Wake Up!
  • Gothic: Dark Glamour
  • Mafalda: Las fiestas
  • Boo: Little Dog in the Big City
1977411
Avery Monsen is an actor, artist, and writer who lives in New York. Right now — whenever you're reading this — he's probably eating cereal.
More about Avery Monsen...

All my friends... (2 books)
  • All My Friends Are Dead