Start by marking “Cherished” as Want to Read:

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  178 ratings  ·  51 reviews

Before healing can begin for Kelli and Heather, they need to believe they are worth cherishing.

Published (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Cherished, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cherished

Janna
I think one of the biggest issues we deal with as Christians are our feelings of shame, unworthiness and inadequacy. Being human we have all had failures in our lives, many of them moral failures and we allow those failures to make us unworthy of God's love and forgiveness. Kim confronts this head on and leads us on a journey to that acceptance of God's forgiveness and self-forgiveness. This is a moving book that had me in tears a few times. Kelli and Heather have different pasts that have brou...more
Brenda
I have read many good things about Kim Cash Tate and her first book "Faithful" so I was anxious to sample her writing for myself and all I can say is I was blown away with her ability to make me feel the emotions that the characters feel, with a plot that is very easy to relate to. I felt like I was on an emotional roller coaster ride, feeling the ups and downs of the characters.I laughed and cried, but also found the positive christian message woven in to be perfect for the struggles we face to...more
Megan
After I started reading 'Cherished', I realized that there was another book, 'Faithful', that the author had written before this one that had many of the same characters in it. So now if I were to read that book, I will know what happens - ugh! However, 'Cherished' is a novel that can be read on it's own.

Kelli and Heather both have their share of guilt, shame, and regrets for choices that they made. For Kelli it's the choice she made when she was a teenager. For Heather the decision she made to...more
Erlyn Trinidad
Cherished has been in my to-read list for some months now and after I finished up with my last read, I decided it's high time I try to read this book.

Cherished is an easy read and what I liked most about the story line is that despite being a romance book with a Christian theme, the characters are all fully human and flawed, and have had to go through tough situations that they got themselves into because of poor choices that they've made, because of a deliberate decision to sin. The story also...more
Hope
Cherished is Kim Cash Tate's most recent release, which somewhat picks up where Faithful left off (however, you don't have to have read Faithful in order to read Cherished). Cherished focuses mainly on the stories of Kelli and Heather. When Cherished opens, readers are introduced to Kelli, who long ago abandoned her love of music and song-writing due to one heart-wrenching choice. Readers are soon reacquainted with Heather, who finds herself a traveler on the same destructive path of promiscuity...more
Melanie
Kim Cash Tate

Despite our past sins, our past choices, we are loved by God and cherished as a child of His. Kelli has run from her past, from a potential career as a song writer because she felt God wouldn’t have anything good for her after having an abortion. She returns 7 years later to her hometown to stay with her brother and his wife. Suckered into going to a conference for Christian Music writers, Kelli feels a renewed relationship with God. She runs into her old boyfriend Brian, w...more
Janette Fuller
Kim Cash Tate has written a powerful Christian fiction book about forgiveness, redemption and restoration. The women in "Cherished" learn that God loves them and He will forgive them if they turn to Him in repentance.

This is a story about a group of friends and family members who were active in a large church in St. Louis. Kelli has recently returned home to St. Louis after living in Texas for several years. She dreamed of being a Christian singer and songwriter when she was in high school. How...more
Cindy
Kelli has carried hurt, anger and betrayal around for seven years, will a move back to her home town change her heart? Singing a song she wrote for her baby, at her brother's wedding opens up old wounds. Wounds that she has pushed down and blocked, and now are in her face needing to be dealt with. Opting to move back to St. Louis maybe her undoing though, when she runs into Brian, the one man she had hoped to never see again. Her baby's father. Her aborted baby's father. Baggage in her heart and...more
Sometimes the hardest person to forgive is ourselves. Kelli and Heather are shackled with guilt for past mistakes. Kelli’s past keeps her from fulfilling her dream of writing and singing songs for God’s glory. Heather’s sins are on display for the church to see and to judge her. Both feel as though they are undeserving of a future because of their past mistakes. Will they allow God’s mercy and grace to capture them and to guide them to the plan He has for their lives?
There were several things I...more
Lisa Phillips
Cherished star’s Kelli, still struggling to regain some peace in her life after an abortion years ago, and a broken relationship. Faced again with her once-dream of songwriting, and with the man she thought she'd spend forever with, Kelli has to let go of the past and forgive. After she returns to her faith, song lyrics start coming to her again and together she and Brian write and record his next album—Love Letters—the foundation of which is the love letter to their baby.

Throw in bereavement,...more
Title: CHERISHED
Author: Kim Cash Tate
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
August 2011
ISBN: 978-1-59554-855-9
Genre: Inspirational/women’s fiction

Kelli London grew up in St. Louis, and her dreams of becoming a songwriter took her to college in Texas where she majored in everything except music. Now, she’s home in St. Louis to attend her brother’s wedding, and her family is trying to talk her into moving back. Kelli wants to stay in Texas, but she allows her family to convince her.

Heather Anderson had an aff...more
Katrina Burchett
Kelli is out of work. She agrees to move back to her hometown, because the job opportunities may be better and she likes the idea of living close to her brothers and their wives. She never thought her choice would bring back bad memories.

Heather has a habit of making the wrong choices when it comes to the opposite sex, and she's not feeling too good about herself. Will she ever accept the fact that no matter what she has done God loves her?

Brian is studying towards a PhD at Washington U, and he'...more
Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
A book that from the start had a story that made you want to keep reading, but was very "churchy" with its delivery. I enjoy Christian fiction, but I do not enjoy when it takes a little while to get to the depth of the story. I was pulled in with intrigue, but didn't feel like the reader hit the meat of the story until you were over half way through the book.

I liked this book, but I sit on the fence because the tone of the story was not subtle. In the same token, the characters were captivating...more
Heather
How can you believe God cherishes you, when you can't forgive yourself?

That is the question that two women ask in this book. Kelli London once dreamed of being a songwriter. She dreamed about Brian, that they would have a forever love. But choices she regrets dashed her dreams, and upended her hope. But when her dreams come around again, she's forced to face her past, before she can live her future.

Heather Anderson's life is a mess. First she has an affair with a married man, then a one-night st...more
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
Sometimes the mistakes we make in our life can act as road blocks. They can prevent us from ever seeing our true potential and pursuing the dreams we were meant to fulfill. I read the most amazing book that sets out to show you through fictional characters just how those road blocks can prevent us from finding our purpose in life and what God wants for us to become.

In the book, Cherished by Kim Cash Tate, we find ourselves in the second book of the Women of Faith series. The three characters who...more
Melanie
Kelli London doesn't think she can ever be cherished because of past mistakes. She doubts God will ever use her and thinks her dream of songwriting can never come to anything.

Heather Anderson - she had an affair with a married man and now with a drummer for a christian band - only to find out that he has a girlfriend (soon to be fiance) and that she is just a fling...she feels like a tramp and wonders if she can ever be truly remade and cherished.

I really liked 'Cherished'. The story was great a...more
Belindachaplin
Kim Cash Tate's "Cherished" is a wonderful novel about second chances and finding one's true self in Christ. I originally reviewed her book "Faithful" in 2010, and so it was no surprise to me to find myself once again totally engrossed in the characters, the story and the wonderful message of this novel.

Cherished is about the fact that God loves us, and cherishes us, even when we don't always do the right thing. Kelli is not sure what she wants out of life, but the last thing she wants is to ha...more
Wendy
I just finished this book and was pleasantly surprised. I really had no idea what the story was about when I picked it, but I'm so glad I read it!

The two main characters, Kelli and Heather, are both trapped by sin in their life, believing that they have messed up so bad that God won't forgive them or use them for His purposes. When Kelli moves back home to be near her family, she finds that confessing her sin is the first step to bringing healing. When Kelli's sister-in-law decides to disciple h...more
Erin
The Daughters' Fellowship group is back in this sequel to "Faithful". Here our beloved trio of best friends returns, along with two new main characters to teach us about friendship and life and learning how to walk with God.

Kelli is a young woman who dreamed of a career in Christian music... until she made a decision that she is sure God could never forgive. Now trying to find fulfilment in other areas, her life seems to be on a slow ride to nowhere. When her outspoken sister-in-law discovers so...more
Patricia Kemp Blackmon
Kelli London is a broken soul. Even though she had spent much of her teen years in church it has been seven years since she has attended a service. She had also abandoned songwriting a gift God had meant for her to use.
Then she moves to St. Louis after college in hopes of finding employment and to spend some time with her two brothers and their wives. Her brothers have joined an amazing ministry at Living Word Community Church and she decided to join them at church. Kelli starts opening her hear...more
Cleffairy
Reviewed at: Over A Cuppa Tea
Review date: 10 August 2011
Review link:http://cleffairy.com/?p=5921

‘Cherished’ is the second book by Kim Cash Tate that I’ve read. I had the privilege to review the ARC of her previous work, ‘Faithful’, and I thought her work was really inspiring and brought me closer to God.

I was hoping to read her work again, and I was really pleased when I saw her latest book, ‘Cherished’ is up for review.

I didn’t quite know what to expect from her latest work, but I have to say...more
Terri
Cherished by Kim Cash Tate is a sweet tale of young women who are looking to find their way out of confusion and into God's love. Kellie London is a young college graduate who moves back home to St. Louis. In the past, it had been Kelli's dream to be a songwriter, but due to circumstances, she thought she had lost the will to write. When she sees her old flame Brian, the melodies slowly come back.

Heather is a woman who's direction is unclear. Although she wants to live right, her habits of affai...more
Michelle

Kelli London once dreamed of being a songwriter. As crazy as it seemed, she hoped that God would use the lyrics that came to her even while she slept. She dreamed about Brian too, that the love they shared as high-school students would grow into marriage. But choices that still haunt her destroyed those dreams. Until now-when a series of love letters reawakens her hope for the future.

Heather Anderson's life has spun out of control-first, an affair with a married man, then a one-night stand with...more
Brittany
I am going to admit, I was skeptical about this book. I am a Christian woman, but I have never read a faith-based novel. It was amazing. I loved the book so much. I feel as though God was telling me to keep reading this types of books. It was almost like a daily devotional- it encouraged me and helped me to understand just how wonderful God is and how his timing is always perfect!

Kelli was hurt by her by longtime bf years ago. She dreamed of being a songwriter. When she moves back in with her fa...more
Maurice Jr.
Kim Cash Tate has written a powerful book on something all Christians should have a better understanding of- forgiveness and redemption.

Kelli let a bad decision and its consequences steal her joy to the point where she turned her back on the songwriting gift God gave her for seven years. Heather is broken by a series of bad decisions- she followed an affair with a married man with a one-night stand with a popular Christian musician, and now is broken by the consequences of her choices. God bring...more
Vernie
A Christina Fiction that acts like or looks like a CHICK LIT---not bad! I was totally engrossed with the storyline of two people Kelli and Heather who both have a dark past and one had an axe to grind.

Kelli is talented songwriter, but somewhere along the way she got lost as she tries forget the love of her life--- Brian who had become a famous Rap Christian Artist.

Heather once had a affair with a married man and was devastated from a one night stand from a drummer of a Christian band. It was at...more
Michelle
More like 4.5 stars, but not quite there so I rounded it down.

I have a lot of thoughts about this book. Mostly good. First of all, it made me cry a few times. Yeah, like the tears rolling down your cheeks kind. I get a bit misty eyed sometimes when I read, but not usually real tears. I have never suffered like Kelli had, but there was just something about her grief and healing that was very inspirational. I loved how the characters all focused so much on prayer and seeking God's will for their l...more
Terry
Oct 19, 2011 Terry rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone. Especially those who feel burdened, heartbroken, and can't forgive themselves.
A real 'life-changer' with a message of hope, healing and self-forgiveness for all who are seeking and willing to hear.

During the course of our lives, we've all made decisions we deeply regret. Some of those choices carry heavy consequences as we stagger along under the burdens of guilt, shame and regret, even self-loathing.
Can we be released from these burdens? Is there any redemption possible for us? Any way we can be restored at all?

Kim Cash Tate says "Yes!" between the pages of this powerfu...more
Janet
I was a little worried as I started this book; it wasn't drawing me in like I want books to do. I am SO glad that I gave it a few more pages.

This book was so uplifting to me, to see how this group of people really trusts in God to answer all their prayers and believe that he will. They prayed about everything and watched God respond. They took the Bible verse Mark 11:24 to a whole new level for me: Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours.

This book...more
Lori
This book touched my heart on many different levels as a believer. I am not the young 20 something's that were written about in this book struggling with past decisions that pulled them away from God and trying to live life without Him but this book speaks volumes about our daily struggles In staying faithful to Him. Heather has the scarlet letter of A on her for being an adulterous while Kelli has the letter A for abortion. Their lives are intermingled through church / family friends that help...more
  • Need You Now
  • Stand by Me
  • His Steadfast Love
  • Missing Your Smile (Fields Of Home, #1)
  • To Know You
  • Sinners And Saints
  • Healing Stones (Sullivan Crisp, #1)
  • Johanna's Bridegroom (Hannah's Daughters, #6)
  • Rhythms of Grace
  • The Wishing Tree
  • The Devil is a Lie
  • Heart of Gold
  • A Cowboy's Touch (A Big Sky Romance #1)
  • Spring for Susannah
  • The Someday List (Jubuliant Soul #1)
  • The Quaker and the Rebel (Civil War Heroines, #1)
  • The Face of the Earth
  • Love Blooms in Winter (The Dakota Diaries #1)
Kim Cash Tate is the author of The Color of Hope, Hope Springs, Cherished, Faithful, Heavenly Places, and the memoir More Christian than African American. A former practicing attorney, she is also a Bible teacher and women's ministry leader at The Gate Church in St. Louis. She and her husband have two children.
More about Kim Cash Tate...
Faithful Hope Springs The Color of Hope Hidden Blessings