She Loves Me Not

She Loves Me Not

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  456 ratings  ·  37 reviews
SHE LOVES ME...SHE LOVES ME NOT
Life goes on. That's what young widow Rose Larabee tells herself each day as she has to be both mother and father to her two young children, a task that leaves little time for new romance. That's why she's surprised to find the simple, homemade valentine in her mailbox, a paper heart with no signature. It could be a sweet reminder, but for Ro...more
Published February 1st 2003 by Pinnacle

To ask other readers questions about She Loves Me Not, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She Loves Me Not

Luanne Ollivier
3.5/5 Wendy Corsi Staub is a new to me author, but definitely not a new author - she has close to eighty books to her credit!

She Loves Me Not has been recently released as an audio book.

Rose Larrabee is a widowed mother of two. She's working hard to keep things together, both financially, physically and emotionally. When someone leaves a heart shaped box of candy on her car seat, she figures she has a secret admirer. But when someone repeatedly calls in the middle of the night, she starts to ge...more
Louise
This kept me turning pages late into the night! I thought for sure I had the killer pegged but oh, I was sooo wrong!!

From back cover:

"Life goes on. That's what young widow Rose Larrabee tells herself each day as she has to be both mother and father to her two young children, a task that leaves little time for new romance. That's why she's surprised to find the simple, homemade valentine in her mailbox, a paper heart with no signature. It could be a sweet reminder, but for Rose, the red heart has...more
Mackenzie
What a story! I was left right up to the end wondering who exactly the culprit was even though we'd had a name for him. It was incredible how the story went through so many twists and turns and left me wondering what was going to happen next.

This novel is definitely a page-turner and had my heart racing near the end as the mystery began to unravel. I really felt that the novel ended on the right foot and the ending wasn't too abrupt. Lastly, I love the way this novel is written and I feel it ca...more
I'm always trying to find new mystery authors, so when I saw on Amazon and Good Reads that this one had an average of 3.5 stars, I thought I'd give it a try. It was okay. The writing style was very Mary Higgins Clark-ish. And while I enjoyed MHC's books when I first got into mysteries, I now find them to be very formulaic and predictable. I guess I've read too many psychological and deep/dark mysteries now because this one seemed to be too amateurish in comparison. The murderer was easy to predi...more
Olga Hernandez
The writing style was pleasing, the story line had potential. The characters ruined the effect, however. Weak, whiny "I need a man!, Why doesn't my man love me enough? When is a man going to rescue me?" females. Very annoying voice for the 3 year old--does the author really think 3 yr olds speak this way? Took me a painful 5 wks to get through this short book. By the time I got to the end, I didn't even care whodunnit. Crossing this author off my list.
Robinrolson
All the enjoyable WCS elements are here: she lays out the potential bad guys throughout the first third of the story so you can get into "who's going to do it" mode. Quick read, kept my interest, resisted looking at the last page.
Christine Wright
I just wanted to finish it

I just wanted to finish it

it was an ok read. I thought I would have figured the killer but was unable to. Again, I just wanted to finish it.
Janet Robel
Good mystery! I never figured out who the killer was until the very end.
Rhina M. Finley
This book was so good, loved the characters!!!!!!! I loved the suspense and mystery!
Lisa Greer
Starting a bit slow, but she has written some winners... one of which I still think about often as a great mystery novels. I've read a couple stinkers by her, too, though. :)

This one is good... keeping me in suspense. I have decided Corsi Staub does the best with the woman in danger/single mother/mother with workaholic husband novel. :) My other favorite by her is in that same genre.

Not bad, but it wrapped up a little too quickly for me. I didn't figure out whodunnit though.
Sheyna Galyan
All my guesses at "whodunit" were wrong! Very nicely done, excellent suspense, and how frustrating that it all took place before cell phones were ubiquitous!
Carol
It was a good book and held my interest through out. There were a lot of twiests and turns and I never figured out the killer until the very end. A widowed mother of two was having a hard time making ends meet and the guy that was out to kill her works with her at the book store. He pretends to be gay to throw her off the track. She was a heart recipient and the heart had been in the woman that he was in love with.
Vicki
This was a good book, I do love this author but one of the problems I have is I often feel like it drags a lot through the middle. I totally didn't guess who the guily party was because nothing about this person led the reader to believe it was possible. This ruined the fun a little bit for me, because when it finally came out I was more thinking 'WTF?!?!" instead of "OMG!!!" ... Slightly disappointed.
Jannie
I've read several of her books and enjoyed all of them. She reminds me a lot of Mary Higgins Clark. This one was really good. She does a great job of drawing you into her main character's life. You really feel the fear and tension building as the situation develops. She does a pretty good job of misdirection, so you don't realize whodunit until the end.
Gmaharriet
This was not one of Staub's best efforts, but it held my interest enough to finish it easily. It was more of a light romance than a horror story or mystery. I must say, though, that I didn't figure out who was the villain until the very last chapter. The epilogue was kind of sappy, but it did tie up all the loose ends.
Victoria
This book was great! I stayed up into the morning hours plenty of times reading it! I also carried it everywhere with me to grab a few minutes to read here & there. I loved the plot. The characters were enjoyable, my favorite being Rose. I was kept guessing until the very end. I look forward to reading more books by this author!
Kristy
I can see why the author is compared to Mary Higgins Clark. They are pretty similar. I definitely kept guessing the whole time I was reading. Sometimes it's nice to take a break between books that are deep and filled with heavy material and just curl up with a "whodunit."
Kathy
Wendy Staub weaves a tale of murder, suspense, hope and love. I didn't guess the true identity of the murderer, but then I am dense and never do. This is also a tale of loss and rebuilding life. If you like mystery and romance, you will enjoy this book.
Tanya
YOWZA...I thought every person was the culprit! Usually, I can figure out who the perpetrator is before you really find out for sure. That didn't happen in this book! In my opinion, everybody was a suspect! This book kept me on the edge of my seat!
Dawn
Oct 26, 2008 Dawn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a good suspense novel.
Recommended to Dawn by: I read all of Wendy Corsi Staub's books.
Another great suspense by Staub that kept me guessing until the very end. She almost never disappoints & really enjoy reading her books. She writes great suspense that leaves you reading until late in the night.
Nissa
Good book. Had potential to be more suspenseful, dark, and mysterious than it was, but it was alright for a story line that has a been there, done that 'mystery'.
Fiona
Kept me guessing till close to the end - I liked the vignettes that the author created... a good beach read.
Donna
Usually I can figure these out...I didnt on this one. She leaves you hanging until the very end.
Janet
Definitely a very good book .... This is an author that I will continue to read.
Megan Peterson
Couldn't turn the pages fast enough. Great read by an amazing author.
Jill
This book scared the sh*t out of me, but I read it in one sitting.
Rita
It was OK enough to finish but a little too contrived for my taste.
Staci
Deliciously frightening and it kept me guessing until the very end.
Elizabeth
keeps you in suspense.can`t wait to see what happens next
Carina
Jun 14, 2009 Carina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes suspence
Recommended to Carina by: my mom
It was a very good book. I could not put it down.
  • Most Likely to Die
  • In the Event of My Death
  • Ashes, Ashes, They All Fall Dead (The Deadly Games Series, #3)
  • Left for Dead
  • Carved in Darkness
  • Joe Victim: A Thriller
  • The Doorkeepers
  • Fatal Flaw (Victor Carl, #3)
  • Bone Cold
  • Timothy's Game
  • The Nine Month Plan
  • Hostage (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #14)
  • The Fifth Angel
  • A Killer in the Wind
  • Summer Death
  • The Disappearance (Luke Garrison, #1)
Here's my Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/corsistaub

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/WendyCorsiStaub

New York Times bestseller Wendy Corsi Staub is the award-winning author of more than seventy-five published novels and has sold more than four million books worldwide. Under her own name, Wendy achieved New York Times bestselling status with her single title psychological sus...more
More about Wendy Corsi Staub...
Awakening (Lily Dale, #1) Don't Scream All The Way Home Kiss Her Goodbye Live to Tell (Live to Tell #1)