Start by marking “Her Kilt-Clad Rogue” as Want to Read:
Her Kilt-Clad Rogue

Her Kilt-Clad Rogue

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Englishwoman Genevieve Fitzsimmons never expected she'd return to the wilds of Scotland. And she certainly didn't expect to become governess to the son of Connor Douglas, the man with whom she shared her first kiss and her first heartbreak. The man who still intrigues her...

For Connor, duty means everything. Years ago, it forced him to break Genevieve's heart and marry ano
Published August 1st 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Her Kilt-Clad Rogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Kilt-Clad Rogue

Holly
5 stars

I have always had a love for all things Scottish...especially historical romances set in that beautiful country. And Her Kilt-Clad Rogue was a delight from start to finish.

Scotsman Connor & Englishwoman Genevieve spend a perfect summer together, but when Connor abandons Genevieve to run off and marry another woman, Genevieve is left devastated. 10 years later, Genevieve is in desperate financial straits, is brought to Scotland to become the governess to Connor's son after the mysterio
Becca
This was an entertaining story though I felt the romance did develop rather quickly. Genevieve and Connor were in love when they were younger but Connor let Genevieve and broke her heart by marrying another woman she knew nothing about. Years later after Connor's wife has died and left him with his son who is a hell-raiser he calls Genevieve back to try and put his heart first this time not his duty. Immediately the attraction between the two is there. But Genevieve doesn't want to risk her hear ...more
Victoria
Sep 12, 2011 Victoria rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who want a short, sweet, succinct scottish romance.
This was a short book, hence there wasn't really much space to develop the romance between the characters. However, I felt that not a single word was wasted and every part of the book did contribute to the plot.

The romance between them was pretty sweet actually. I liked seeing the attraction between them and how both of them tried to fight it at first. And when they finally kissed after 10 years, it was so sweet! It showed me that true love does prevail even after many years of separation.

Howe
Jen (Red Hot Books)
I liked this short story well enough, but I probably would have liked it more if I had not felt like I had read it before. Sure, the details are different, but the basic plot treads very familiar ground: woman comes to man's home to be governess to his child. The man is a widower. His marriage was loveless. People think he killed his wife. There is an attraction between the man and the governess. Is it real or just a dalliance? Is he really a good man or are the whispers true?

It's like Dangerou
Sharon Tyler
Her Kilt-Clad Rogue by Julie Moffett is a historical romance being released in digital format on August 1 2011. It is a story of two hearts that connected once and might be reunited despite the heartbreaks and time they have seen. Duty, betrayal and revenge fuel the secrets and mysteries of Her Kilt-Clad Rogue.

Her Kilt-Clad Rogue begins with Englishwoman Genevieve Fitzsimmons who has nowhere to go. After her grandfather died, she was left with debts that needed paying, and nothing but the famil
Kimberly
Those of you who have been following my reviews for a while know that I am not a fan of novellas in general so I was totally surprised by how much I enjoyed Her Kilt-Clad Rogue when I read it last weekend.

Admittedly, I picked up the book on a whim and wasn't expecting to like it at all but I ended up enjoying it a lot. The novella centers around Genevieve Fitzsimmons a first time governess who has had to turn to working due to family debts and much to her chagrin she ends up taking a position in
Danielle
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

I really enjoyed this story, that is until I got to the last chapter. From there everything just felt so phony and not believable at all. There were many things in this story that I felt didn't really need to be there. Certain story-lines weren't necessarily needed and some that weren't fleshed out enough. I felt as if the author just wanted to add things to make conflict but they weren't all needed.

I really enjoyed the characters of Genevieve
Habrewer
Her Kilt-Clad Rogue by Julie Moffett
* I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Genevieve has just lost her beloved grandfather and has lost her home. Salvation comes to her in the form of someone from her past. She is offered a job as a governess for Ewan, Conner Douglas’ son. She didn’t know that she was in for the challenge of a lifetime; can she survive Conner and his son?

Conner has never forgotten Genevieve and the summer kiss they shared. He fell in lov
Judith
A compelling historical romance that takes place in the late 18th century during some of the very strained political relationships with England--well, England and Scotland were never really friends, but here a young Englishwoman is employed by the laird of Clan Douglas to teach his son. Connor Douglas was known to Miss Fitzsimmons as he and his father had spent a summer at her grandfather's estate in England ten years earlier. There appeared to be a genuine bond formed between Genevieve and Conn ...more
Asche
I'm a sucker for a good highlander novel, and this story did not disappoint. Although this book is short compared to many novels, I didn't feel like I missed out on that much information. The only thing I didn't like was that the summary tells us that "Someone is bent upon revenge against Connor...." and I don't feel like that was portrayed well in the book. I was expecting events and bad things to be happening or someone attempting to harm Connor, but if it was there, I sure didn't see it. But ...more
rameau
This is how a historical romance novel should be written. Compelling characters, enchanting setting and a straightforward plot carry this story far.

Don't misinterpret me. There is a misunderstanding (ten years old) and a kid involved, but these obstacles are tackled as they come along and there isn't a single hair pulling inducing scene in the book.

I might have chuckled or snorted at the lengthy romantic embraces and the attempt of action writing, but that was to be expected having read the sa
Jen
I adore Scottish historical fiction/romance, and this little short story did not disappoint. It was a great quick fluff read, and I will be checking out more books from this author. The only negative that I have is that the cover doesn't seem to match the book. I don't recall Connor ever being shirtless in the story. Other than that, the characters were great and the story developed well. I didn't feel like there was any wasted "space" - all details fed into the story and character development. ...more
Kate (VerbVixen)
Her Kilt Clad Rogue bringsthe word rogue back in vogue. I love Julie Moffett's spy series so I figured I'd take a stab at her historical romance as well. I was not disappointed. I love the Scottish highland setting and the dislike of the English is historically accurate. So many juicy questions to tackle: Did the brooding Connor kill his wife? Can Genevieve forgive him enough to thaw the walls around her heart? Will she turn the unruly boy into a darling? There's a twist you don't see coming too ...more
Donna
This was a cute quick read. Well written with believable characters. I enjoyed it very much!
J.L. Hilton
Wonderful, well-written, passionate story with vivid, likeable characters. But... but... where's the sex? I don't regret reading it, but I felt a little let down. Of course, others who don't like "open door" or even partially open door love-making will like this, but I like smut. :)
Mandie Kok
A very quick read. I liked it, but the characters were very restrained and lacked passion. The ending felt rushed. The young son was a great character, though. I think it was worth the read just for his antics.
Dogsmom Laura
Dogsmom Laura marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Jeannie Bourgeois
Jeannie Bourgeois marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Vren Kahlan
Vren Kahlan marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Jenna
Jenna is currently reading it
Jun 12, 2014
Nicola Murdochrundell
Nicola Murdochrundell marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
190485
I have always been a romantic at heart. So when I finally decided to pursue my dream of writing a novel, naturally, it was a romance. I have published several novels in many genres – historicals, time-travels and paranormals.
I’m a military brat (Air Force) and have traveled extensively. My more exciting exploits include attending high school in Okinawa, Japan (Go, Kubasaki!), backpacking around Eu
More about Julie Moffett...
No One Lives Twice (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #1) No One to Trust (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #2) No Money Down (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #2.5) No Biz Like Showbiz (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #4) No Place Like Rome (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #3)