Amelia's Journey (Winds Across the Prairie, #.5)

Amelia's Journey (Winds Across the Prairie .5)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  15 reviews
For Ben Haynes it is love at first sight, but can a Boston socialite find true happiness with a cowboy from Kansas?

Once childhood friends, Ben Haynes is taken with Amelia Carlyle when he runs into her at her sister’s wedding. Although he will be returning to Kansas and life on his father’s ranch, Ben calls on Amelia several times, and they find they have more in common tha...more
Published January 3rd 2012 by Realms

Courtney
Martha Rogers has became an author to me that I always enjoy reading. Ameila's Journey is no exception and is probably one of my favorites by Martha Rogers so far. I'm a big fan of forbidden romance stories and this is sort of what we have going on with Amelia's Journey.

Ameila Carlyle is a high society daughter in Boston who is being presented to society in the late 1870's in hopes to find a husband that her father approves us. The problem is that Amelia wants nothing to do with society ways bu...more
Maureen Timerman
This book keeps your attention right from the beginning. The story is set in a high society Boston era, in the late 1870's and Amelia Carlyle is to be presented. She does not want to do this, but her parents have raised her to. Her father expects her to marry well, and she feels God wants her to obey.
Enter a long ago friend all grown up, Ben Hayes. He is now a tall, handsome young man, but he lives in Kansas. Amelia becomes, of course, infatuated with Ben, and he likewise! He comes from Society,...more
Linda
I thoroughly enjoyed the Winds Across the Prairie series, so I was delighted to learn that Martha Rogers has added to the series by writing a prequel. This story did not disappoint! Martha Rogers has juxtaposed two very different lifestyles -- high society Boston, with its cotillions and balls and expectations, and a Kansas ranch -- and tied them together with the cords of friendship between two families. I love how she portrays the characters wrestling with their faith within the confines of th...more
Amelia’s Journey is a book that will have you gripped from the first page. The story of Ben and Amelia takes off at their courtship that isn’t really a courtship but is a God-ordained, love at first sight, relationship. Amelia’s parents are not happy with this especially since Ben lives all the way in Kansas and her parent’s simply can’t comprehend how he will be able to continue providing for Amelia in the ways they think she needs. A struggle of God’s Will versus human free will makes for a gr...more
Faye
My Mother's Review: A forbidden romance set in the ballrooms of Boston and the Kansas prairie.

What I liked: I really liked how Amelia and Ben respected their parents wishes, in regard to their relationship. I liked how they wrote letters and got to know each other through that. One of the things that I appreciated was how level-headed they were, they didn't run off together and they kept to the rules of society. And I thought it was brilliant how Amelia came prepared to live out west, she knew...more
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
When Ben Haynes is reunited with his childhood friend, Amelia, it's love at first sight for both. Ben is a rancher in Kansas and Amelia is a socialite in Boston with a father who refuses to even entertain the idea of his daughter living elsewhere. But, even as Ben must return to Kansas and Amelia is presented to society, they are determined to be together and must learn to rely on faith and God to make it happen.

I really enjoyed Martha's Winds Across the Prairie series and loved getting to know...more
Lisa M.
LOved this prequel to the Winds Across the Prairie series! What a great idea to finally give us the background behind Mellie and Ben's amazing courtship and marriage. Loved it! It was also great to "meet" Lucy's parents Amanda and Charles Bishop. As well as learn more about Ben's Aunt Clara. A wonderful read for anyone who loves the Winds Across the Prairie series. And if you haven't read the series yet...START with this book!
Sherri
The book in itself was good. But found it did not sync with the details laid out in her first book of Ben and Abigail's courtship. For example. Book one says Ben did not want to follow in his father's business and thus leaves Boston. The prequel says that he left with his family as a child. That was only one of several errors where information did not sync with prequel and book one.
Lisa Nelson
Amelia's Journey
by Martha Rogers

I enjoyed reading this book. It shows how others matter in a relationship. If we only consider our own wants and desires we cannot have a healthy relationship with our parents or a spouse.

Mrs. Rogers has introduced some interesting characters. Some rather humorous in their self absorption. I am looking forward to reading more books by her.
April Suter
Amelia falls for Ben, a cowboy from Kansas. They do have family connections but Amelia's family feels she needs to stay safe, follow her social duty and find an appropriate suitor in Boston.
To live on a ranch in Kansas Amelia must learn cooking and sewing ranch style.
293 pages
Sherri
I really liked this book. I won it on a goodreads giveaway and had not read the previous book/books in the series. Not sure how much I missed by doing that, but regardless, I still enjoyed this book. I love the whole forbidden romance aspect to it.
Crystal Lopez
I thought this book was amazing in every way. I couldn't put it down when i started. Very detailed and could picture the story as i read it in my mind as a movie. I can't wait to read other books from this author and the next one.
June
Prequels that come out AFTER the series just confuse me cause then I feel like I have to go back and read the others again to get the whole story straight in my head...
Patricia
I won this FREE book from Goodreads First Reads.
Thank you Goodreads.
What a great read...
I loved this book.
I highly recommend it...
Mackenzie
Prequel to Winds Across the Prarie Series (4 books).
Jewel Breann
Jewel Breann marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Janette
Janette marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Katie Easley
Katie Easley marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Liza Brumfield
Liza Brumfield marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Joetta
Joetta marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Mckris10
Mckris10 marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
4020470

Martha Rogers is a former schoolteacher and English instructor. She served as a newsletter editor for the writer's organization, Inspirational Writers Alive! for six years and is the state president. She is also the director for the annual Texas Christian Writer's Conference and is a member of American Christia...more
More about Martha Rogers...
Becoming Lucy (Winds Across the Prairie, #1) Morning for Dove (Winds Across the Prairie, #2) Summer Dream (Seasons of the Heart #1) Finding Becky (Winds Across the Prairie, #3) Autumn Song (Seasons of the Heart #2)