Start by marking “Wyoming” as Want to Read:
Wyoming

Wyoming

Andrew Bonning came West, a raw tender-foot, to make his fortune; and he had to learn fast in order to survive. He met and fell for feisty Martha Ann only to discover she was claimed by the dangerous Tex McCall. He had to stand up to McCall in the only way the men of Wyoming knew!
Mass Market Paperback, 220 pages
Published 1979 (first published January 28th 1920)

To ask other readers questions about Wyoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wyoming

Mar 26, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it
While not a huge fan of Westerns, I occasionally challenge myself to read them.

I really liked this book. The descriptions of the scenery are wonderful and I knew most of the places he was describing. I've even paid for gas in Alladin, Wyoming once, tiny little town, but interesting.

I liked the main characters as well. I though Martha Ann (which happens to be my sisters name as well) was rather foolish at first, but grew up rather fast.

All in all, I liked this book and will be reading more of
Larry D. Beaver
Dec 29, 2015 Larry D. Beaver rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
of the best western I have read. You will love it!! I will be reading all of his books, I am hooked. What took be so long to find this fine author?

One of the best western I have read, and have read a lot. I will be reading the rest of his books!!
Melodee
Jul 15, 2008 Melodee rated it it was ok
Shelves: misc
I always heard that Grey was the quintessential Western author, but this book certainly did not meet my expectations. The characters were a little predictable, and the women a little too spunky. It was also a little cheesy. But I guess all Westerns pretty much follow a "formula."
Shelly
Jun 13, 2011 Shelly rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction-novel, ocl
Couldn't make it on this one. I wanted to try it because I saw my grandfather read Grey. I suppose if one had actually lived during or right after this time period it might be more interesting but personally I'd rather watch grass grow.
William Slider
Apr 13, 2016 William Slider rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of Zane Grey's best!

Having been an avid Zane Grey reader for forty years and Wyoming is a great story of the old west. Zane's depiction of the purple sage, the brush covered hills and jagged mountains place the reader in the hills of the old west
Sam Weaver
Aug 09, 2016 Sam Weaver rated it liked it
I love the way that Zane Gray writes about landscapes. The descriptions of Wyoming scenery are heartbreakingly beautiful. I hate the way Zane Gray writes about women. His portrayals of female characters reveals some stunningly ass-backwards thinking about gender.
Lawrence Kopecky
Absolutely one of the best

I really enjoyed this story. Great setting, great characters. Good plot. The ending be came predictable, but it was .most enjoyable.
Ellie
Jun 01, 2013 Ellie rated it really liked it
As my little brother put it, "This is the best romance."

And I will admit: it is.

Plus the girl in it is so stubborn it makes my heart proud.
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2016
Kem
Kem rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2011
Melody
Melody rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2011
C Miller
C Miller rated it it was ok
Jun 29, 2015
Shelley
Shelley rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2011
Davydd
Davydd rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2014
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2011
Linda Shields
Linda Shields rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2014
Joseph
Joseph rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2016
Tiana
Tiana rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2010
Tricia
Tricia rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2012
Randy
Randy rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2016
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2008
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2017
Joe Cisneros
Joe Cisneros rated it it was ok
Mar 31, 2016
Linda HB
Linda HB rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Bruce&Marsha Sarrazin
Bruce&Marsha Sarrazin rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2015
Joan
Joan rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2014
P
P rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2012
F Smith
F Smith rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Shadow  Riders
  • Cimarron
  • Nebraska! (Wagons West, #2)
  • Destiny of the Mountain Man (Mountain Man, #33)
  • Sunset Gun: Poems
  • The War Chief
  • Hermit of Peking: The Hidden Life of Sir Edmund Backhouse
  • Uprising: How Wisconsin Renewed the Politics of Protest, from Madison to Wall Street
  • Empire Builders (The Great Northwest #1)
Pearl Zane Grey was an American author best known for his popular adventure novels and stories that presented an idealized image of the rugged Old West. As of June 2007, the Internet Movie Database credits Grey with 110 films, one TV episode, and a series, Dick Powell's Zane Grey Theater based loosely on his novels and short stories.
More about Zane Grey...